EU+US Resto Shamans...Scummy Class?

Paladinho

Veteran
I've read a lot of threads bashing druids, rogues and arcane mages calling them the most scummy and broken classes. But I have not yet seen a thread calling out resto shamans, so here I am too call you shamans out.

Resto shamans have interuppts, slows (totem), Ghost wolf (30% speed), crazy dmg up too par with resto druids.

What do you think? Is resto shaman a scummy class?

I've read a lot of threads bashing druids, rogues and arcane mages calling them the most scummy and broken classes. But I have not yet seen a thread calling out resto shamans

Because restos heal those thread makers as they play their own broken, scummy classes. "Resto are fine, L2P"...

I've read a lot of threads bashing druids, rogues and arcane mages calling them the most scummy and broken classes.

Scummy is more often than not, rooted to the player, not the class.
In other words, I believe that those who depend on consumables are a the real scums here.
Let me elaborate.

I respect someone playing an arcane mage on a natural level WAY more than I would a shadow priest running around with saltwaters, gliders, potions & prebuffs.
(However, I cant respect that same mage if he rerolled for their FOTM trend)

Scummy is more of a playstyle to me.
Shamans having 3 great utility spells doesn't make them scummy.
You may as well consider warlock scummy too since they can give out health stones to heal allies for 40% of their HP and fear targets.

What makes 19 interesting is the lack of abilities & mounts. Certain classes bring certain things to the table & this opens a lot of doors for viability. Most people believe the entire point of twinking is to make your character as overpowered as possible & to have an advantage over everyone else. But you can achieve that advantage without popping a glider or potion every time you're about to die. I respect a FOTM player more than I do a scummy one, and that is saying something, because every time I see a reroll wave I realize how bad the majority of players truly are. Just my thoughts, nobody has to agree with me.

Glad I have been playing shaman for 10+ years. Besides, who cares what others think of you in a video game.
Kek... @ video game ‘respect’. Just play and be done with it.

/cheers

Not sure how consumables make someone scummy. Do enchants and BIS gear make some scummy as well?

Relying on consumables to compensate for bad position, losing battles & overall being outplayed absolutely makes someone scummy. There is a reason they are frowned upon

Consumables are not scummy IMO, although not skillful. Some people just like having fun while playing the game.

(I do use gliders and drums though)

In general people here consider healing classes to have higher skill cap than dps classes.
As such you wont see much bushing when it comes down to healing.
How can a near infinite health vs a set health be more skillful is beyond me.

Relying on consumables to compensate for bad position, losing battles & overall being outplayed absolutely makes someone scummy. There is a reason they are frowned upon

I disagree, other than the boards(RIP), theres not a consumable available that can turn around a game in your favor. While good players dont need consumables, it sure makes the bg life way more fun. Ultimately isn't "fun" all we are after?

I disagree, other than the boards(RIP), theres not a consumable available that can turn around a game in your favor. While good players dont need consumables, it sure makes the bg life way more fun. Ultimately isn't "fun" all we are after?

There are multiple consumables that can turn a 1v1 in your favor extremely easily, and some will win you the fight almost instantly in most scenarios when they land. Boards were by far the most reliable, cheap, and unfair way to do it though.

Reactions: jwl
There are multiple consumables that can turn a 1v1 in your favor extremely easily, and some will win you the fight almost instantly in most scenarios when they land. Boards were by far the most reliable, cheap, and unfair way to do it though.

So can having BIS/enchanted gear, or being 19. My questions for the purists is where is the cutoff point for you? Are enchants and bis gear acceptable to you, but consumables are out of bounds? How can you complain about fair play in BG's when 50% of the team you go against are levelers?

Last edited:
So can having BIS/enchanted gear, or being 19. My questions for the purists is where is the cutoff point for you? Are enchants and bis gear acceptable to you, but consumables are out of bounds? How can you complain about fair play in BG's when 50% of the team you go agains are levelers?

I have no problem with consumables personally and I think some people are quite ridiculous about it. I have no problem with things like battle standards, drums, food, elixirs etc. But when it comes to things like any type of bombs where a rogue can just sap me, and kill me with bombs, or silence me for 5 seconds to where I don't even have a chance to play is kind of ridiculous. I want to be able to at least respond with consumables of my own.

I only use certain consumables to add intellect to myself, or stats in terms of food and such. When it comes to bombs or a 50% heal with a single potion I find that kind of boring as I can just run through someone with ease. If you have fun with that I really don't care, but when I am unable to play due to being 1 shot with a single consumable or slowly eaten away at by a board that I have to kite while being unable to heal because I am kiting. That is ridiculous.

I have no problem with consumables personally and I think some people are quite ridiculous about it. I have no problem with things like battle standards, drums, food, elixirs etc. But when it comes to things like any type of bombs where a rogue can just sap me, and kill me with bombs, or silence me for 5 seconds to where I don't even have a chance to play is kind of ridiculous. I want to be able to at least respond with consumables of my own.

I only use certain consumables to add intellect to myself, or stats in terms of food and such. When it comes to bombs or a 50% heal with a single potion I find that kind of boring as I can just run through someone with ease. If you have fun with that I really don't care, but when I am unable to play due to being 1 shot with a single consumable or slowly eaten away at by a board that I have to kite while being unable to heal because I am kiting. That is ridiculous.

I think we can all agree that the boards were ridiculous, and thankfully hot fixed. I also wouldn't mind seeing the bombs go away, but you got my on the 50% health potion. I use them like candy, and im not ashamed to admit it. Luckily only a few rogues have learned the cheapshot arcane bomb combo, and I hope it stays that way.

I think we can all agree that the boards were ridiculous, and thankfully hot fixed. I also wouldn't mind seeing the bombs go away, but you got my on the 50% health potion. I use them like candy, and im not ashamed to admit it. Luckily only a few rogues have learned the cheapshot arcane bomb combo, and I hope it stays that way.

When did boards get hotfixed?

So can having BIS/enchanted gear, or being 19. My questions for the purists is where is the cutoff point for you? Are enchants and bis gear acceptable to you, but consumables are out of bounds? How can you complain about fair play in BG's when 50% of the team you go against are levelers?
My personal cutoff are if they are usable in wargames or not. But I only really get salty when some speedpot+saltwater to finish me off as an FC. I don't care too much otherwise.

When did boards get hotfixed?

Last Tuesday.

My personal cutoff are if they are usable in wargames or not. But I only really get salty when some speedpot+saltwater to finish me off as an FC. I don't care too much otherwise.

I see wargames and RBGs as completely different, but even then is there a cut off in gear for wargames? If people in wargames are wearing unobtainable gear is that not the same as using consumables?

Users who are viewing this thread