Questions & Answers

You can mog one BOA to the other. Did that with my two BOA staves.

ye but i asked because its not possible to transmog the plate looms (which are mail before lvl 40) to other mail items, same with mail looms which are leather before lvl 40.

ye but i asked because its not possible to transmog the plate looms (which are mail before lvl 40) to other mail items, same with mail looms which are leather before lvl 40.

Shouldn't be a problem with those two. They are both the upgrader gear. Ofc I don't know for sure.

why do you think 95% of hunts are stuck with this and this..? If the FINAL armor (meaning hunt items are counted as mail and your items are counted as plate) is not what your current lv is able to wear you cant mog it with anything

can someone please post when the brewfest beer stam buff and light as a feather festive mug buffs are available? what time of year? more than once a year? thanks

why do you think 95% of hunts are stuck with this and this..? If the FINAL armor (meaning hunt items are counted as mail and your items are counted as plate) is not what your current lv is able to wear you cant mog it with anything

^^ This. The same problem is with plate/mail BOA, they can't be mogged to anything. I have contacted GM with this qeustion and his reply was something like: "We are aware of this problem and testers/programmers are working on it". But this was back in 5.1 or 5.2 and I think this case is not so difficult to deal with and solve, guess they just don't care.

can someone please post when the brewfest beer stam buff and light as a feather festive mug buffs are available? what time of year? more than once a year? thanks

Brewfest - World Event - World of Warcraft goes from 2014/09/20 at 11:00 AM and End: 2014/10/06 at 11:00 AM. I am assuming you mean the buff that give +30 stamina and persist through death.

The "light as a feather" mug buff should be offer twice a year: December 31st at night and July 4th at night. (The July 4th mug might be a USA server only thing, don't know about worldwide)

^^ This. The same problem is with plate/mail BOA, they can't be mogged to anything. I have contacted GM with this question and his reply was something like: "We are aware of this problem and testers/programmers are working on it". But this was back in 5.1 or 5.2 and I think this case is not so difficult to deal with and solve, guess they just don't care.
It wouldn't be so bad if they gave you some bagpipes to complete the set.

With DMF starting this weekend, I will be able to get some BoAs on my F2P alts but I'm not sure what to prioritize.

On my resto/ele shammy, I have Spell Axe of the Farseer and would like to get Devout Aurastone Hammer, but I still have cloth shoulder pads, so not sure if I should get Mystical Pauldrons of Elements. I'm thinking the spell power would be better, but would appreciate advice from experienced shamans.

I have a similar problem on my disc priest. I have BoA shoulders, Robe of Kelris, Riot Stick with lesser int, no BoA trinkets. Not sure whether to get a trinket or upgrade staff/chest. (Priest is human so maybe Discerning Eye of the Beast or Swift Hand of Justice for trinket?)

With DMF starting this weekend, I will be able to get some BoAs on my F2P alts but I'm not sure what to prioritize.

On my resto/ele shammy, I have Spell Axe of the Farseer and would like to get Devout Aurastone Hammer, but I still have cloth shoulder pads, so not sure if I should get Mystical Pauldrons of Elements. I'm thinking the spell power would be better, but would appreciate advice from experienced shamans.

I have a similar problem on my disc priest. I have BoA shoulders, Robe of Kelris, Riot Stick with lesser int, no BoA trinkets. Not sure whether to get a trinket or upgrade staff/chest. (Priest is human so maybe Discerning Eye of the Beast or Swift Hand of Justice for trinket?)
When DMF comes, you can buy one of your upgrade options, try them out for about an hour, return them and get all your tickets back (BoAs can be fully refunded if returned within 2 hours), and try another upgrade. If you're alliance, you can do DPS testing (before factoring resilience) on level 1 indestructible dummies in Theramore (a boat away from the Wetlands bay town), or duels, or battlegrounds.

Personally, I recommend the +(spell power) weapons to be your first priority on casters. In terms of spell power (SP), 42 (or 49) SP is as much SP as given from 42 (or 49) int (1 int gives 1 SP+(small amount of spell crit)), which are multiples more than the int upgrades from the other slots (not counting stam, crit, etc.).

When DMF comes, you can buy one of your upgrade options, try them out for about an hour, return them and get all your tickets back (BoAs can be fully refunded if returned within 2 hours), and try another upgrade.

/facepalm I forget this every month! (no, it's not hormonal :p)

Personally, I recommend the +(spell power) weapons to be your first priority on casters. In terms of spell power (SP), 42 (or 49) SP is as much SP as given from 42 (or 49) int (1 int gives 1 SP+(small amount of spell crit)), which are multiples more than the int upgrades from the other slots (not counting stam, crit, etc.).

Thanks. I don't play my casters much so I forget stuff like this.

Clasically it's weapon > armor > shoulders > trinkets > transmog.

For sub rogue do I need dagger in MAIN hand or ANY hand to get the ambush damage bonus?
Main hand.

If you are looking for max dmg(on an avg) even after you ambush then swap MH dagger with BOA sword/mace after ambush.
There are two ways in which you can swap them.However,when you swap them a GCD is triggered and the auto-attack timer resets.
Then how to avoid/minimize it?
One way is(i have seen many people use it but not me):
#showtooltip Ambush
/equip dagger
/cast Ambush

#showtooltip Hemorrhage
/equip BOA sword/mace
/cast Hemorrhage

Here when you use the first macro, you have to wait for GCD after you equip the dagger for Ambush.Same goes with the Hemo macro(remember the auot-attack timer resets).

Another way is(I prefer this) to equip the dagger when you go into stealth:
#showtooltip Stealth
/cast Stealth
/equip dagger

#showtooltip Ambush
/cast Ambush
/equip BOA sword/mace

In the Ambush macro the swap GCD is shared with the Ambush GCD.
Yes the auto-attack timer resets but you lose nothing compared to the autoattacks missed in the Hemo macro.
One more thing to note in this macro is you equip the BOA sword/mace even when you miss the Ambush.When that happens do /equip dagger asap the Ambush.This wont be a problem in WoD as you possibly can Ambush Target's Forehead.

This might not be that important for Sub/Assas but for combat 1 auto swing can be the decider.
Sorry about the English.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread