Questions & Answers

Note: Because several requests I have personally recreated the Questions & Answers thread for the F2P community. This is a thread solely for questions to be asked and to be answers. If there is ANY other kind of posts mad in this thread you WILL be reprimanded. Please be mature and respect each other.

The place for any question about F2P

This is the FOURTH edition of the QUESTIONS thread, as the first and second got too large for the forum and the third was taken over by trolls.

If you have any question you do not want to start a new thread for, post it here!
It doesn't matter if it's been asked before, the Questions thread is intended to work as:

Ask Anything - Someone Will Probably Answer

There are a lot of helpful people willing to answer questions around!
I hope you'll find what you are looking for! :)

oTwBILG.gif

Feel free to also have a look at this first post, I hope I've managed to collect some useful information on finding answers on Twinkinfo here.

A
lot of people have compiled some tremendously useful information about F2P twinking, which I have been trying to index for easy access. The F2P introduction/index can be found here:

FAQ - F2P Info and Guides Index :)

INDEX

1. Why this thread exists
2. How to use Site Search
3. Other options to find answers

# Getting started with F2P
# Class Guides
# Very Useful Guides and Threads
# Best-in-Slot Armory References
⇛ have all been moved here.

1. Why this thread exists

I agree with some concerns raised here. A lot of questions are short and will have a short answer, so if you want, there doesn't need to be a thread for each of them. :) I certainly don't want people to stop posting whatever threads they consider relevant, only post in here if you want to!

2. How to use Site Search

In the upper right corner of this site you will find a search box that you can use to search the entire forum for your keyword(s):

You can narrow it down to the F2P section by clicking on Search Forum while you're on the main F2P Twinking forum page:

search15.png

You can use the Advanced Search to narrow it down further, but usually this won't be necessary. Let's say you want to farm materials for profession levelling during Darkmoon Faire, and are looking for a guide. Type Darkmoon Faire Farming, hit enter or click Search, and in a very short time you will have a small number of matching threads!

In this example both the Darkmoon Faire Mat Farming list and Rhaellia's awesome Darkmoon Faire Guide are worth checking out. <3

Find more on the Darkmoon Faire under:
4.5 The Darkmoon Faire in the FAQ - F2P Info and Guides Index

Good luck! :)

3. Other options to find answers

If you don't find an answer, you might consider the following:

• [*=left]Post a new thread!
    [*=left]Post in an existing thread or guide that is related to your question. (Possibly contributing a crucial bit of information to that thread!)
    [*=left]You are welcome to PM most people, Thor, Shft and Klinda have offered.
    [*=left]You could ask in this thread!

Good luck!

A huge thank you to
Shft! Also thanks to Thor, Omgwtfsap, Klinda, Pinochet, youakim, Mialo and everyone else who contributed, especially the excellent people who wrote the content I tried to index! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I hope this hasn't been answered before, but what is the best vendor item to use to store gold? Ie, what item has the best ratio of buying price to sell back price? Also, what do you guys do with your gold? I'm working on exalted with every faction to get mounts but idk. Thanks!

Thanks for this thread and to all of you taking the time to answer !
Q1: In the latest patch Is it still the case that Spore bats will provide a buff to f2ps that boost all stats by 30? If so, what is the drop that provides the buff is it: Fertile Spores - Item - World of Warcraft ?

Q2: assuming answer to Q1 is "Yes still true", can they be soloed by a geared f2p (my main is enh shammy - no don't mock).

Q3: what is the deal with the cloud that forms? it gives you the buff but poisons you too so you gotta move out from under it? Do I have this right?

Q4: If Q1 is true, Tips and tricks for an f2p to get to and explore the Outlands (yes I understand I need to be invited by a P2P player)

Thanks all !

Another question different subject: what the heck is going on with Aerie Peak US? Used to have tons of f2p toons. Now barely any for months. is this due to patch and burnout from 24s and so all realms "suffering"? Any insights? thanks.

So I hope this hasn't been answered before, but what is the best vendor item to use to store gold? Ie, what item has the best ratio of buying price to sell back price? Also, what do you guys do with your gold? I'm working on exalted with every faction to get mounts but idk. Thanks!

I believe eternium thread is one of the better items in terms of buying price vs selling price, stacks in 20 too. Though at this point i think a lot of us just hang on to a random thing, from bling, or arche or whatever that is worth a little gold for those rare times you might need it. After mounts and professions I havent found a large need for gold, besides the few times I fly through cata zones, as they can run 2-6g depending where you're off to.

Q1: In the latest patch Is it still the case that Spore bats will provide a buff to f2ps that boost all stats by 30? If so, what is the drop that provides the buff is it: Fertile Spores - Item - World of Warcraft ?

A1: Yes the spore bats and zangarmash still provide the buff, which it given out to those in melee range when they die

Q2: assuming answer to Q1 is "Yes still true", can they be soloed by a geared f2p (my main is enh shammy - no don't mock).

A2: As a hunter I had zero problem soloing them, they move slow enough not to even require conc, I was using an agi/hit set with 48 hit for this. As a melee I would advise against it as they hit rather hard and you'd find yourself healing a lot. Honestly unless for a specific reason this seems a little too much trouble for a 5 minute buff in my personal opinion.

Q3: what is the deal with the cloud that forms? it gives you the buff but poisons you too so you gotta move out from under it? Do I have this right?

A3: As mentioned in answer 1, the buff is given off when the mob dies

Q4: If Q1 is true, Tips and tricks for an f2p to get to and explore the Outlands (yes I understand I need to be invited by a P2P player)

A4: Older f2ps may still have a hearth set to outlands and could help summon you if you were grouped. As for looking for a random p2p, find a busy spot and try and get someones attention, maybe name a battlepet something like 'trials whisper me' or 'whisper me please' and point to it.

Thanks for this thread and to all of you taking the time to answer !

Thanks all !

Yea , you can still get that buff , but its not worthy , its only 5 min , Arcane intelect is OP , Only for hordies sure :)! You can check how in my sign , how to get arc intel thingy.

I have 106 Dmf tickets. Is it possible to get lava dredger,even If I have done two artifacts and 4 Proffs?

I have 106 Dmf tickets. Is it possible to get lava dredger,even If I have done two artifacts and 4 Proffs?

Yeah it's definitely possible. Not sure which artifacts/professions you've done already but here's what you can still get:

• 20 tickets from dailies over the next 4 days
  • 35-45 tickets from the five remaining artifacts (varies whether the ones you've already done are PvP 5-ticket or PvE 10-ticket ones)
  • 6-8 tickets from the two missing professions (remember Archaeology is available now), varies whether the missing ones are primary (4 tickets) or secondary (3 tickets). Even more available if leveling new primaries is an option.
  • I believe the Deathmatch chest has 5 tickets as well, not exactly easy to get though.

However you want to do it, some combination of those can get you the 54 tickets you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread