Questions & Answers

So... I feel like a complete moron now... All this time, I thought that if you stop-exp your toon, then any que for a BG was in a separate special bracket and really long que times. But today, I was informed (to which I verified) that a level 20 that stops-exp has the same que as a toon which doesn't stop-exp. Does this mean I can pimp the sh*t out of a 29 now and go up against F2P 20's????

level 20 starter and veterans are automatically put into xp-off. there is no such thing as f2p 20s with xp-on.

so the answer is yes, you can create a level 29, lock your xp, and fight f2p 20s. although around 50% of the players will be level 29s that have done exactly the same thing as you have.

No no, not to just get rid of gold.
It was a thread composed of all the items F2P people can waste gold on.
Pets and their locations,
Consumables and their locations,
other doodads.
Is this thread you were looking for?
The companions/pets can found on 3rd page of the thread. It doesn't show their locations but you can find them via wowhead.

What do spidersilk boots scale to at 20?

I was wrong. 10stam 9int

I'm planning to make a veteran 20 mage for the times I don't plan on resubbing.

Is Frost or Arcane better? What stat should I be stacking? I'm assuming it's either crit or haste. Should I stack Versatility on cloak/rings/neck or is that crit or haste as well?

It's easy to say that Arcane hits harder than Frost once you are at 4 stacks. Arcane Blast's damage scaling is slightly better than Starfire and slightly worse that starsurge. In a full Intellect set with versatility enchants, I was hitting for 1150 non-crit arcane blasts.

Now Frost's damage does not scale very well with Intellect. I recommend going full Haste to increase the number of hits per second. Frost is viable but Arcane easily does more damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
level 20 starter and veterans are automatically put into xp-off. there is no such thing as f2p 20s with xp-on.

so the answer is yes, you can create a level 29, lock your xp, and fight f2p 20s. although around 50% of the players will be level 29s that have done exactly the same thing as you have.

Yes, I know that there is no such thing as F2P with exp-on. I guess I didn't explain myself well enough for you.

I should clarify a bit, so to be more specific. I am making a Veteran F2P account. I have about a week left of game time, so it's technically not a veteran yet. So what I have been doing is preparing a variety of classes and specs, which have different BiS/Enchant setups (haste set, crit set, stam set, etc). So in theory, I thought I had to level these mentioned toons to 20, then turn off exp so they stay at 20 (because they aren't F2P yet). Then when my account time runs out, I should be able to log on and play those toons which will be actual Veteran F2P toons at that point.

My surprise was to find out that these toons which I have stopped-exp at 20 (which aren't F2P yet) can still que into the normal 20-29 bracket with quick que times. I always thought that toons which stop-exp get placed into a special "stop-exp bracket"?? Because at one time, maybe prior to 6.0, it was this way... at least for level 19 twinks.

I am sorry if that all was confusing. I tried to word it as best as I could. I am a F2P noob indeed, but I have been playing P2P since vanilla, which is why I think my ideas of F2P and twinking are messed up. Too many versions of twinking rules and structures in my head.

Yes, I know that there is no such thing as F2P with exp-on. I guess I didn't explain myself well enough for you.

I should clarify a bit, so to be more specific. I am making a Veteran F2P account. I have about a week left of game time, so it's technically not a veteran yet. So what I have been doing is preparing a variety of classes and specs, which have different BiS/Enchant setups (haste set, crit set, stam set, etc). So in theory, I thought I had to level these mentioned toons to 20, then turn off exp so they stay at 20 (because they aren't F2P yet). Then when my account time runs out, I should be able to log on and play those toons which will be actual Veteran F2P toons at that point.

My surprise was to find out that these toons which I have stopped-exp at 20 (which aren't F2P yet) can still que into the normal 20-29 bracket with quick que times. I always thought that toons which stop-exp get placed into a special "stop-exp bracket"?? Because at one time, maybe prior to 6.0, it was this way... at least for level 19 twinks.

I am sorry if that all was confusing. I tried to word it as best as I could. I am a F2P noob indeed, but I have been playing P2P since vanilla, which is why I think my ideas of F2P and twinking are messed up. Too many versions of twinking rules and structures in my head.
They don't get qued into the xp on bracket, the xp off bracket just has relatively fast pops and a variety of levels.

as someone mentioned above, you are in the xp-off queue but there are so many xp-off players in this bracket cos of f2ps that queue times are fast

Can anyone link a prot paladin fc build for vet?

Loom head
Bonus arm neck
Mm with heavy knothide arm kit
tranquillien cloak for horde bonus armor Loom for all with 19 versa and movement speed
toughened leather armor with superior stamina
Not sure about bracers guds go with sparka or most trusted or fortified with major stamina
Bristlebark gloves with Glove Reinforcement
Satchel Belt of stam
Loom Legs with ironscale leg armor
Silver-linked 2x one with heavy knothide arm kit for stacks and one with minor speed
Rings
A: Ellos and hogger
H: Stillwater and pardon
Both: Blood ring, dpr
Take ur pick
tyranny and insignia

that Should work alright. Didn't have an armory for you since none FCs on prot pallies.

Loom head
Bonus arm neck
Mm with heavy knothide arm kit
tranquillien cloak for horde bonus armor Loom for all with 19 versa and movement speed
toughened leather armor with superior stamina
Not sure about bracers guds go with sparka or most trusted or fortified with major stamina
Bristlebark gloves with Glove Reinforcement
Satchel Belt of stam
Loom Legs with ironscale leg armor
Silver-linked 2x one with heavy knothide arm kit for stacks and one with minor speed
Rings
A: Ellos and hogger
H: Stillwater and pardon
Both: Blood ring, dpr
Take ur pick
tyranny and insignia

that Should work alright. Didn't have an armory for you since none FCs on prot pallies.

cheers bud

Wow a whooollle bunch of new DMF items that look really interesting.

Darkmoon Cannon - Item - World of Warcraft EoTS?
Darkmoon Gazer - Item - World of Warcraft Watching incs while Ding flag in WsG?
Checkered Flag - Item - World of Warcraft Speed AB flag capping?

Anyone know if these are usable in BGs? I looked around in the comments, couldn't find anything.
[MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION]

6th april hot fix: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18486735/612-hotfixes-april-6-03-04-2015
Items
•Checkered Flag's mount speed bonus no longer works while inside of an instance such as dungeons, raids, Arenas, or Battlegrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread