Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well i havejoined an hero tbc ista today and give me no jp maybe cause there was an hunter 74 i will retry again tomorrow anyway u talked about some quests did u remember where i can take it?
You need to have 70s only, nothing higher level. I don't know the quests, best ask for verification in the 70-79 Bracket, they know all the details, plenty of 70 twinks in there. :)

Crystalpall, I feel bad for being part of causing you tachycardia and false hope. Sorry! >_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah im fine now :) but that was quite a shock, then (IM GONNA GET AL'AR ON MY F2P) then crap, he is lvl 70....

Anyways, came here with some new questions.

1. Do prot pallies benefit from Enchant Chest - Lesser Mana - Spell - World of Warcraft ? just if i can get the +20 mana.
2. Can we get Bottle Service - Achievement - World of Warcraft ?
3. Any substitute bracers for Prot Pall in alliance? Because I have Sparkmetals and want a separate for my DPS set to enchant with +1str. Preferably high str / crit.
4. How much mats I should have to drop mining and level JC up to (and including) Thick Bronze Necklace - Item - World of Warcraft
5. Silverlaine's Family Seal - Item - World of Warcraft or Dread Pirate Ring - Item - World of Warcraft for FC? or maybe even Blood Ring - Item - World of Warcraft ??

Thanks in advance :)
Crystalpall

Hah im fine now :) but that was quite a shock, then (IM GONNA GET AL'AR ON MY F2P) then crap, he is lvl 70....

Anyways, came here with some new questions.

1. Do prot pallies benefit from Enchant Chest - Lesser Mana - Spell - World of Warcraft ? just if i can get the +20 mana.
2. Can we get Bottle Service - Achievement - World of Warcraft ?
3. Any substitute bracers for Prot Pall in alliance? Because I have Sparkmetals and want a separate for my DPS set to enchant with +1str. Preferably high str / crit.
4. How much mats I should have to drop mining and level JC up to (and including) Thick Bronze Necklace - Item - World of Warcraft
5. Silverlaine's Family Seal - Item - World of Warcraft or Dread Pirate Ring - Item - World of Warcraft for FC? or maybe even Blood Ring - Item - World of Warcraft ??

Thanks in advance :)
Crystalpall
3. For the bracers I do not think there is a close enough match to warrant the differing enchantment. Sparkmetal has the highest STR as is.
You can always add the STR enchant to sparks and then make a FC set using Bands of Serra'kis - Item - World of Warcraft and adding +1 stam (not worth it IMO)
4. I think there are some older posts about leveling profs efficiently (probably related to DMF) - I'd recommend searching the F2P forum.
5. I'd say Argas and Hogger's. However that means you are going the high road and getting LFH (and not getting the formerly dreaded eyepatch).

Crystalpali, the rule of thumb for mining if you want to level eng, bs, and JC to 75 for the Darkmoon Faire quests is 280 copper and 60 bronze bars (30 tin). That should be enough, along with the stones, for everything.

Depends on your playstyle. I run with the enchant on my pally, and I find it to be far superior to the measly +15 health. If you just space out your heals you can actually last a (relatively) long time before going OOM...

...Relative to other prots, of course. None of this healing specced voodoo magic. On a serious note, though, if you prefer to play more as a hybrid I'd suggest giving it a go. I really missed the ability to offheal before I changed my enchants.

how do i get these two macros to work:
the first is the common counterspell macro that will stop casting and cast counterspell
#showtooltip Counterspell
/stopcasting
/cast counterspell

How to i make it if counterspell is on cooldown to not stop the casting (if i forget Counterspell is on cd)

second how to i get the trink frost nova to work?

#showtooltip Every Man for Himself
/cast Every Man for Himself
/cast frost nova

this works in all situations EXCEPT WHEN IM SAPPED
if im sapped i click and every man for himself gets me out of sap but i have to click it again for frost nova to cast
why wont this work/.

second how to i get the trink frost nova to work?

#showtooltip Every Man for Himself
/cast Every Man for Himself
/cast frost nova

this works in all situations EXCEPT WHEN IM SAPPED
if im sapped i click and every man for himself gets me out of sap but i have to click it again for frost nova to cast
why wont this work/.
i'll give this a stab (although there's a good chance I'm not right):

macros aren't executed in sequence (well, unless of course its a sequence macro), all lines are performed at the same time.

Both lines work when you're rooted or snared because you can normally cast spells when you're rooted or snared. You CAN'T cast frost nova when you're stunned. FIRST you have to trinket, THEN you can cast frost nova....which is why you have to spam it twice.

you say it works in all situations, but i'm guessing it doesn't work on any other situation where you're actually stunned/disoriented.

everything in the macro happens at once, there is no sequence.

i'll give this a stab (although there's a good chance I'm not right):

macros aren't executed in sequence (well, unless of course its a sequence macro), all lines are performed at the same time.

Both lines work when you're rooted or snared because you can normally cast spells when you're rooted or snared. You CAN'T cast frost nova when you're stunned. FIRST you have to trinket, THEN you can cast frost nova....which is why you have to spam it twice.

you say it works in all situations, but i'm guessing it doesn't work on any other situation where you're actually stunned/disoriented.

everything in the macro happens at once, there is no sequence.
You're correct. :)

The first one can't be changed to what you want either, there's no if-condition to check whether something is off cooldown and disable a macro otherwise. :( As solv said, the lines are executed simultaneously, the /stopcasting will go through in any case. You will just have to continue watching your CS cooldown. :)

either way he has to spam it twice every time. with a cast sequence, the process will just be slower for those times he's not stunned.
Exactly!

No benefit from castsequence here. In fact castsequence is rarely beneficial for spells in PvP, since you don't want to risk having to deviate from the pattern after for example an interrupt and not being able to since it's a castsequence bind. Good uses for sequences are defensive CDs with some consumables and a reset timer chained after, that you can choose to use in a difficult situation. Or buffs you always apply, but not really any need to chain in this bracket with so few of those per class.

Why do some of the more well known servers who make premades afk out so much when they are losing :/ I know they are skillful but it makes me wonder if they only care about their win ratio or if they only premade to get easy wins...

Just looking for a reason from maybe someone that does it?

thanks for the answer sad that thers no if statements in this game
another question

if theres a new offhand caster BoA in 5.2 what would be a good main hand for say a mage/warlock and
would this BoA be a viable replacement for shield of the stocks for resto shammys or holy pallys?

thanks for the answer sad that thers no if statements in this game
another question

if theres a new offhand caster BoA in 5.2 what would be a good main hand for say a mage/warlock and
would this BoA be a viable replacement for shield of the stocks for resto shammys or holy pallys?
Well there are in scripts, just not in macros. :) Edit: Actually in macros there are status checks, like druid form, mounted, land/water/air, just no statement for abilities on or off CD. :(

Sadly I haven't kept up with 5.2 patch notes, know nothing about offhand caster BoA. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread