Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, got to looking around on here, and noticed that Arcane Mages have a LOT of burst as well as Destro Lock. Now, my question is, which one bursts harder? I want to say Arcane now that I've seen some of Lolipopps numbers, but I am still unsure. I know how I will hitcap though.

Okay, got to looking around on here, and noticed that Arcane Mages have a LOT of burst as well as Destro Lock. Now, my question is, which one bursts harder? I want to say Arcane now that I've seen some of Lolipopps numbers, but I am still unsure. I know how I will hitcap though.

Arcane requires much more setup to burst since you need 4 charges and get the target in a nova, which a druid could even disentangle out of. On my mage once I get all my charges and get the enemy in my nova, I start with another arcane blast no more than about 10 or so yards from the enemy and right after I cast barrage so that both spells fit into the novas shatter (distance matters) combined the total damage of that is usually 1k-1.2k if I remember right (400 or so arcane blast crit and 700 or so barrage crit) The benefit arcane has is that once 4 charges are gotten he can burst the main target and also get some nice damage on others closeby. Destro lock is superior in burst still, I would say, and you can actually solo every class with it. Arcane is fun though, with all the mobility

is it totally insane for me to farm sfk for a shadowfang on my rogue ?

cause thats kindah where im headed since i retired my druid

Yes, that is totally insane. Not that has ever stopped you before :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah just be frank with them . I am a freaking trail I can't trade or have more than 10 gold at a time how the duck am I suppose to exploit economy ?

Yeah . ATM I can't stand Druid . Too borring for me . I may start playing a priest or shaman on bwl though . Not sure what race / class I want to make though. I'm leaning towards shaman though .resto cow maybeyyy . Who knows. Really I'm just obsessed with my ally rogue . God it's so fun .

Isn't there a chest farming guide other than the ones listed in yde's sticky? If so, could someone link it please? Thanks

I've been thinking about farming SFK chests. I've considered maxing BS for keys, my question is, do the locked chests yield blues? as well as zone drops like shadowfang? I've only ever seen greens come from the unlocked chests. But reading the tooltip on the silver keys says it opens up to lvl 25. Which makes me think that the chests are lvl 25ish. Has anyone tried doing this?

I've been thinking about farming SFK chests. I've considered maxing BS for keys, my question is, do the locked chests yield blues? as well as zone drops like shadowfang? I've only ever seen greens come from the unlocked chests. But reading the tooltip on the silver keys says it opens up to lvl 25. Which makes me think that the chests are lvl 25ish. Has anyone tried doing this?

nvr seen zone drop but I have seen normal blues.

I see, even if they don't contain zone drops i think ill still try this, my server has high traffic, so i rarely see chests

the ones I've seen the most are thorbias, silver linked, MM, diamond hammer and the level 20 bow. so there is a specific level range which is smaller than the ones from chests.

the ones I've seen the most are thorbias, silver linked, MM, diamond hammer and the level 20 bow. so there is a specific level range which is smaller than the ones from chests.

So does that mean i have a better chance of getting what i want? Since there are less items on the loot table? Or is it the other way around?

Edit: After coming across a guide i found http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f148/dungeon-chest-farming-36168/ It sounds like dungeon chest drops have lower drop rates, which makes sense. But does this include the locked chests in SFK? I'm going on the assumption that because their locked, and need a key/skill that works up to lvl 25 that the chests also scale to 25? Is this wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread