Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much hit do I need as a pally in battlegrounds?

I have just swapped my shoulders for heirlooms and found myself missing an shield toss, it was against a 24.
I have picked up Bravo Company Signet to boost my hit to 7.04% outside of battlegrounds but still unsure what numbers I need.

How much hit do I need as a pally in battlegrounds?

I have just swapped my shoulders for heirlooms and found myself missing an shield toss, it was against a 24.
I have picked up Bravo Company Signet to boost my hit to 7.04% outside of battlegrounds but still unsure what numbers I need.

12 hit outside BGs, 15 inside (both equal more than 6% hit respectively which is spell hitcap against your own level). You need spell hitcap for most spells as a paladin.

To get no junk? 375. And bait.

Edit: actually I need to correct myself. To fish from pools, you only need a fishing skill of 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't this thread stickied already? Its easily the most useful thread in the F2P section. :|

That's what I keep wanting to ask but never get around to it lol. Even the poll confirms it should be sticked. The person that posted it is now an Admin.

It makes lenosense.

Why isn't this thread stickied already? Its easily the most useful thread in the F2P section. :|

That's what I keep wanting to ask but never get around to it lol. Even the poll confirms it should be sticked. The person that posted it is now an Admin.

It makes lenosense.

I brought up this question awhile ago that cause the poll and a small debate (think it was within the first 50 pgs? lol). I was scratching my head as well cause it was now the 3rd thread and I thought as well that it's the best thread on this section (maybe that I've seen on TI) and wondering why it wasn't stickied cause stickies=helpful?

Well let's look at the stickied threads.. lalaalal

Movie thread: Helpful thing to see to improve your gameplay or see how others play or just to watch some pvp vids when bored. Has been contributed SO much it would simply be wrong not to sticky it so it's easily accessed.

Gear scaling: helpful 1-5 time view while gearing. Helpful for any1 gearing which e1 has to do.

F2P Info: helpful for ANYONE new. Not so helpful for people who's been here awhile imo but very informative and can help you find almost anything relative to this bracket.

Rankings: kinda like the vid thread.. Too much work and contributors to not list. Plus it is kinda like the master thread of f2ps.

CC and addon: I can't really understand why these are stickied personally.. CC is helpful for sure however just seems like another one of solvos helpful posts and I can't understand why his CC one got stickied but his others didn't. As for the addon of course it's helpful but idk why it's stickied.. Guess again it is there to help newer people so they don't miss out on the addon.

This thread is REGULARLY bumped while all of the stickied threads rarely get bumped and when they do it's only for updates or new entries. No reason for this to be stickied since it never leaves the front 2-3 pages and people will ALWAYS have questions to ask.. It makes perfect sense as to why it's not once you realize it ^-^

How much SP does an ele shaman typically have in BG's and what does LB hit non crit and when critting. Also non crit and crit for fulmination.

BiS or?

I have about 89SP on my Elemental shaman. I hit for ~140 and crit for 350 LB, Fulmination is from ~40 non-crit with the first stack up to ~500 crit with full stacks. Earth Shock hits and crits for about the same as a Lightning Bolt. I would say you have about 140-150SP if you are BiS together with scaling.

Don't forget to never apply Wizard Oil as a shaman; Flametongue >> Oil.

The reason this thread isn't stickied is because TI users has a tendency to not notice stickied posts. Exactly like the "arena organization"-thread in the 19s section; it had much more activity in it when it wasn't stickied.

It's like that on most forums with multiple stickies per subforum.

Sticky is great for threads like the FAQ where you can always look something up or the scaling index, but not so much for threads which seek a response (like this one).

BiS or?

I have about 89SP on my Elemental shaman.

Aside from the crits which hit harder due to a passive spec thingy I hit about that hard on my enh shaman... I have 192 spell power unbuffed in BG's. This would explain why enh heals>ele heals as long as I don't OOM faster than water shield can keep me up.

LF macro to SW:p or PW:S mouseover including [] to function as normal. pref no need for a self-cast mod but whatever works. pref format where i can substitute flay for SW:p and flash heal for PW:S. if needed i can edit post with what hasn't worked so far and what each variation hasn't done. ty in advance

pls halp i wanna play kthanx

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
/cast [@mouseover, exists, harm] Shadow Word: Pain; [@mouseover, exists, help] Power Word: Shield; [@target, exists, harm] Shadow Word: Pain; [@target, exists, help] Power Word: Shield; [@player, mod:XXX] Power Word: Shield

I didn't count the amount of characters used, but considering my Flash Heal macro looks to use more and only has 155/255 you should be fine. This will cast SW:p on your mouseover if it exists and is hostile, PW:S on your mouseover if it exists and is friendly, SW:p on your target if it exists and is hostile, PW:S on your target if it exists and is friendly and will cast PW:S on yourself if you press whatever modifier.

How much SP does an ele shaman typically have in BG's and what does LB hit non crit and when critting. Also non crit and crit for fulmination.
I have a ele shaman that has around 140-150 SP or a bit more in battlegrounds (thanks to BoA weapons with SP, and some scalings [pure F2P]), and my LB, if I recalled correctly, typically hits for 180-200 non-crit, and LB crits for 400+ thanks to this specialty. I've had 7 stacks of fulm crit for up to 880+, though 7 stacks of fulm non-crits for around 400. All of these numbers I've seen in battlegrounds.

That's what I recalled, and one possible answer. Here's another possible answer, involving only your enh shaman, and no need to reroll or respec to see for yourself, if you're willing to record and calculate some numbers:
  • Adjust your SP on your enh shaman to what one will see on a BiS ele shaman, by shaving some agi. 130 to 150 SP will do.
  • With that enh shaman, make note of what the enhanced tooltips for all your damage abilities say, especially LB and lightning shield if possible. They'll literally tell you how much dmg said abilities will deal in PvE [lightning shield dmg implies fulm dmg].
  • With those numbers obtained, ele has only a few passives that will affect such numbers: Elemental Fury (basically, instead of crit dealing 2x, crits now deal 2.5x) and Shamanism (a boost to LB. Multiply what your LB will deal by 1.7=1+.7, or +70%).
  • Those new numbers are what you'll see an ele shaman deal in PvE. In PvP:
    • Multiply all your damage numbers by 0.6=1-.4, taking into account baseline 40% resilience. That's what you'll deal in PvP against most non-tanks that don't have additional sources of mitigation (or extra sources of resilience).
    • With foes that have sources of mitigation (warriors in def stance, druid boomkin form, spriest shadowform, guardian druids in bear form, etc.), those are easy to calculate:
      • Just multiply your PvP dmg numbers by (1-[dmg % shaved]).
      • For example, for warriors in def. stance, multiply your PvP numbers by 1-.25=.75. Combining this into resilience, we see that a warrior in def stance [no extra sources of resilience], will be like a foe that has 55% resilience: 1-(1-.4)(1-.25)=.55, or 55%.
      • Example calculations: If your LB tooltip says it'll dealt 250 non-crit (and thus 250*2.5=625 crit), in PvP it'll deal 250(.6)=150 non-crit (625*(.6)=375 crit), and on warriors in def. stance: 150(.75)=112.5 (281 or 282 crit)

I have a ele shaman that has around 140-150 SP or a bit more in battlegrounds (thanks to BoA weapons with SP, and some scalings [pure F2P]), and my LB, if I recalled correctly, typically hits for 180-200 non-crit, and LB crits for 400+ thanks to this specialty. I've had 7 stacks of fulm crit for up to 880+, though 7 stacks of fulm non-crits for around 400. All of these numbers I've seen in battlegrounds.

That's what I recalled, and one possible answer. Here's another possible answer, involving only your enh shaman, and no need to reroll or respec to see for yourself, if you're willing to record and calculate some numbers:
  • Adjust your SP on your enh shaman to what one will see on a BiS ele shaman, by shaving some agi. 130 to 150 SP will do.
  • With that enh shaman, make note of what the enhanced tooltips for all your damage abilities say, especially LB and lightning shield if possible. They'll literally tell you how much dmg said abilities will deal in PvE [lightning shield dmg implies fulm dmg].
  • With those numbers obtained, ele has only a few passives that will affect such numbers: Elemental Fury (basically, instead of crit dealing 2x, crits now deal 2.5x) and Shamanism (a boost to LB. Multiply what your LB will deal by 1.7=1+.7, or +70%).
  • Those new numbers are what you'll see an ele shaman deal in PvE. In PvP:
    • Multiply all your damage numbers by 0.6=1-.4, taking into account baseline 40% resilience. That's what you'll deal in PvP against most non-tanks that don't have additional sources of mitigation (or extra sources of resilience).
    • With foes that have sources of mitigation (warriors in def stance, druid boomkin form, spriest shadowform, guardian druids in bear form, etc.), those are easy to calculate:
      • Just multiply your PvP dmg numbers by (1-[dmg % shaved]).
      • For example, for warriors in def. stance, multiply your PvP numbers by 1-.25=.75. Combining this into resilience, we see that a warrior in def stance [no extra sources of resilience], will be like a foe that has 55% resilience: 1-(1-.4)(1-.25)=.55, or 55%.
      • Example calculations: If your LB tooltip says it'll dealt 250 non-crit (and thus 250*2.5=625 crit), in PvP it'll deal 250(.6)=150 non-crit (625*(.6)=375 crit), and on warriors in def. stance: 150(.75)=112.5 (281 or 282 crit)

I'll just check recount the next time I BG and intentionally LB a bunch. I'm curious if enh has comparable LB dmg to ele.

I'll just check recount the next time I BG and intentionally LB a bunch.
Actually did some battlegrounds, and revising the numbers I saw :
In BGs, I had 162 SP (could go up to 170 SP once I get the int trinket), with LB dealing around 188-200 non-crit, and critting for 480+ (but not above 500), and 7 fulm stacks non-crit for 330+, and crit 870ish (fulm dmg is calculated independently from Earth Shock, which the shock itself deals around 120 non-crit and crits for around 300). All of these numbers were in BGs.
I'm curious if enh has comparable LB dmg to ele.
I doubt the extra gains in SP enh has over ele is enough to make up for losing the +70% dmg boost to LB for eles. And that's not counting the 30 yd vs 40 yd range and 2.5 sec cast vs 2.0 sec cast difference on LB.
On my ele in bgs, my LB tooltip says it deals around 320 per cast.

bump fa jesus

I don't think there is any code available in the nameplate.libs that would allow your wanted features which I reckon are: Showing friendly AND enemy buffs AND debuffs on both enemy AND friendly nameplates. It would clusterfuck your nameplates anyways, if you ask me.

In a previous version, TidyPlates showed ALL debuffs (not just your own) on a hostile target's nameplates, which is enough in my opinion, but I don't know why that was changed.

So i want to exchange my eyepatch on my hpala for the shield of the stockades instead. how would i go about doing this? ive heard of f2p doing this i think... anyone successfully do this and care to share how its done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread