Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help making a macro that may or may not be possible. I posted this on the WoW forums but unfortunately posters there all seem to have severe downs.

I want three macros that will use the commands /focus arena1, /focus arena2, & /focus arena3 while in the arena but will respectively give the commands /focus [@mouseover,help,exists][] , /clearfocus , & /focus [@mouseover,harm,exists] while not in the arena. I previously had to swap these macros on my bars each time I left / entered arenas.

Things that don't work: (while in battlegrounds, macros 'think' that arena1,2&3 still exist)
/focus [@arena1,exists]
/stopmacro [@arena1,exists]
/focus [@mouseover,help][]

/focus [@arena2,exists]
/clearfocus

/focus [@arena3,exists]
/focus [@mouseover,harm]

OR

Example: /cast [@arena1,exists][@mouseover,help,exists][]

How about:

/focus [@arena1,exists][@mouseover,help]

/clearfocus
/focus [@arena2,exists]

/focus [@arena3,exists][@mouseover,harm]

Won't focus targets if lacking mouseover though. :/

How about:

/focus [@arena1,exists][@mouseover,help]

/clearfocus
/focus [@arena2,exists]

/focus [@arena3,exists][@mouseover,harm]

Won't focus targets if lacking mouseover though. :/

This will not work, in BG's as the game 'thinks' arena1,2&3 exist. Also I put a [ ] on the end of /focus [@mouseover,help,exists][] that causes basic non-mouseover target focusing when clicked. Thanks though

Last edited by a moderator:
This will not work, in BG's as the game 'thinks' arena1,2&3 exist. Also I put a [ ] on the end of /focus [@mouseover,help,exists][] that causes basic non-mouseover target focusing when clicked. Thanks though
Aw. :( Well, while arena1 is assumed to exist but can't be targeted since no player value is attached in BGs, it should still go to the mouseover, which can be targeted. Will test this more.

The secondary clause which is left empty does allow basic targeting if mouseover has no value if it's

/use [@mouseover][]

but won't work if the mouseover is already the secondary clause as unfortunately there's no tertiary allowed. :<

That's why the

[@arena]
[@mouseover][blank]

doesn't work. :(

Good luck and once I get an opportunity to try more I'll be sure to post. :)

Due to the nerf on healing in 5.3 and the increase in DPS, and with more people dying, is affliction warlock viable again?

I know that Afflic went from good to crappy because healers were too powerful, but what about now? I'm wanting something fun too instead of the typical gear build, so if I make an afflic warlock, what should I stack, haste or crit? Haste = more DoT tics but crit = obviously more crit chance. I've made a few chardevs yesterday to test it out (Sadly never saved it), and it seems like both still has a decent bit of health for survivability. Opinions?

Technically it has no level requirement. However it actually requires level 5 since it requires level 5 to train the skill.

Is it close enough to impossible for a lvl 9 mage to solo Bring Me Kel'gash's Head! - Quest - World of Warcraft? I have two AGMs (and some green Int gear) . . . and my weapon is a fishing pole, lol, because the dps is a little higher than rough wooden staff.

I guess I could try to kill all the mobs near him with my 20 on the same server/acct then log out w/o killing Kel.

He has about 3,300hp, so it would take a long time with my ~50dmg per spell

edit: I guess the real quest is - how soon will the mobs respawn? b/c if it's quickly, Im dead.

Is it close enough to impossible for a lvl 9 mage to solo Bring Me Kel'gash's Head! - Quest - World of Warcraft? I have two AGMs (and some green Int gear) . . . and my weapon is a fishing pole, lol, because the dps is a little higher than rough wooden staff.

I guess I could try to kill all the mobs near him with my 20 on the same server/acct then log out w/o killing Kel.

edit: I guess the real quest is - how soon will the mobs respawn? b/c if it's quickly, Im dead.

Are there no other f2ps on your realm? They could help with the ads as well as with the killing itself.

If you have the right class you could solo him but a mage i have my doubts but if you are playing EU i could help CRZ :)

is vashj still alive? if not, what other servers are still alive/ or new ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread