Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in an AB where the only horde healer was a prot pally that healed no one, not even himself. The role system needs work? honesty? something...

Explain me 5.3 changes please. In short. Real short. But again not that short. I know what you all would come up with! :rolleyes:

Feels like a good mix of cata and mop, very fun so far. Hit fixed, healers and damage is at a good balance, arcane explosion is actually good for dmg (40% buff), lightning bolt on the move (speedpots lol). 20s are closer to 24s than than they ever were, 24s who aren't bis fall behind f2p stats w scaling. More rets and enh are coming out of their caves, this patch lets ppl play what they like, not what's op, and still be viable

Explain me 5.3 changes please. In short. Real short. But again not that short. I know what you all would come up with! :rolleyes:

As kibbies said but somethings to add.Healers are now killable. The role selection thing seems to have varried effects but matches up games decently. People already abusing the role section queuing as prot while being a healer. Alot more possible BiS items thanks to scaling. Alot of old timers are coming bk or have come back to test it out. For alot of classes (healers, hunts, rogues, wars) it does feel like a middle ground from cata to mop and seems pretty fun atm. Hunts and eles (I called it! :p ) will be the new fotm and alot of stuff will die.

Overall I'd say it's a nice middle ground from cata and mop and I am very impressed by blizz's mistake of a fix lol

Feels like a good mix of cata and mop, very fun so far. Hit fixed, healers and damage is at a good balance, arcane explosion is actually good for dmg (40% buff), lightning bolt on the move (speedpots lol). 20s are closer to 24s than than they ever were, 24s who aren't bis fall behind f2p stats w scaling. More rets and enh are coming out of their caves, this patch lets ppl play what they like, not what's op, and still be viable

As kibbies said but somethings to add.Healers are now killable. The role selection thing seems to have varried effects but matches up games decently. People already abusing the role section queuing as prot while being a healer. Alot more possible BiS items thanks to scaling. Alot of old timers are coming bk or have come back to test it out. For alot of classes (healers, hunts, rogues, wars) it does feel like a middle ground from cata to mop and seems pretty fun atm. Hunts and eles (I called it! :p ) will be the new fotm and alot of stuff will die.

Overall I'd say it's a nice middle ground from cata and mop and I am very impressed by blizz's mistake of a fix lol
So if I can summarize:

- Hit rating is fixed
- Normal items scale up now
- There is some kind of queue system like the dungeon system?
- Ele shamans can cast on the move
- Healing got nurfed
- Ret paladin got buffed
- BoA Shields?

How often does blizz give out trials? I have played my toon now for I think 5 months without giving blizz 1 dime lol.. 3 months for RaF and like 2 months total from these 10 day trials. Is it every patch?

Also is there anything of note to do/get for my UNLINKED f2p? Besides a few achievements here and there I can't really think of anything o_O

I need help with my macros.

With lightning bolt on the move i just updated all my macros with /stopcasting.

Now that i'm a kind of button masher i have a problem with healing surge.
With /stopcasting i find myself mashing it the 2nd time to stop casting healing surge and beginning to cast it again.
Without /stopcasting it will fininsh the lightning bolt and then cast healing surge. But that is too late sometimes.

Is there some kind of modification that can help me? Or do i just have to be more patient with using healing surge?

Cheers
Gattuso

I need help with my macros.

With lightning bolt on the move i just updated all my macros with /stopcasting.

Now that i'm a kind of button masher i have a problem with healing surge.
With /stopcasting i find myself mashing it the 2nd time to stop casting healing surge and beginning to cast it again.
Without /stopcasting it will fininsh the lightning bolt and then cast healing surge. But that is too late sometimes.

Is there some kind of modification that can help me? Or do i just have to be more patient with using healing surge?

Cheers
Gattuso

2 different macros?
one for /stopcasting and 1 for /cast [@gattuso] healing surge
or somekind of cast sequence macro?

I use
/stopcasting
/cast healing surge
and I have to press it twice but it works fine.

Since I have the eyepatch on my feral and thus cannot get BIS, should I just focus on a utility build? I'll have enough DMF tickets for shoulders and chest next time it comes. Should I go resto with mostly feral gear? Or stick with feral with GSOJ and the caster chest and shoulders? Or is it not a big deal and should I just stick with the agility heirlooms? My tiny rejuv ticks can't heal through crap. GSOJ more than doubles my spell power.

Basically i can be sub-optimal Glass cannon or utility, which is suboptimal by definition. I don't want to reroll. Help please.

Since I have the eyepatch on my feral and thus cannot get BIS, should I just focus on a utility build? I'll have enough DMF tickets for shoulders and chest next time it comes. Should I go resto with mostly feral gear? Or stick with feral with GSOJ and the caster chest and shoulders? Or is it not a big deal and should I just stick with the agility heirlooms? My tiny rejuv ticks can't heal through crap. GSOJ more than doubles my spell power.

Basically i can be sub-optimal Glass cannon or utility, which is suboptimal by definition. I don't want to reroll. Help please.

I'd mainly stick with the agil BoAs, especially with the resil nerf making GSoJ less passively valuable. I think the best use of GSoJ right now is swapping it in for rejuvs when you're getting kited/letting energy regen, then switching back to your agil weapon.

Rerolling/leveling sucks, but I think it's worth working on a new druid off and on in your spare time - I get the impression that you do really want to try a riot stick feral. With a few prayers to the satchel belt gods, you can put together a damn near BiS feral in a few hours. chardev 10 - Mist of Pandaria - BETA. If you care to level engineering you could wear the WSG ring instead of Ello's. The only thing you're missing from what I'd call BiS is stam (totally overrated), trinket resil (not big anymore) and expertise (attack from behind!). Don't have to grind it all out at once, just do a few quests here or there when you're bored, get it done enough eventually and then decide if the difference is noticeable enough to focus more on the new druid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread