Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the whole reason for my post was to highlight how poor Blizzard is at game design — an expansion that's main features are a class that relatively no one plays, and broken daily quests.

Relatively no one plays? Where are you getting this...?

I'll bite it isn't represented in high end arena. But really...

Well Mistweavers were raping rbg meters but they kinda nerfed them really hard. The problem with monks is kinda that they take more effort to play at the same level as something else. When you have 100 things to worry about in arena, positioning requirements on ccs and shit like that don't really help monks.

This is just my personal experience/opinions w/e

Makes sense, monk is like a rogue that is hard to play.

Right, I'm not saying you wouldn't have fun playing one at any level. But your original question was, "Are monks considered OP?". I answered in a somewhat roundabout, and possibly unclear way that they weren't. What I should have said was a simple "No".

Can someone help me with a macro.pressing shift purges an enemy im mousing over. Thanks

Here is a start, taken from Pinochet's Shaman Guide:

#showtooltip

/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Purge

As for using it with Shift, idk. You can put that on just about any key, besides Shift, Alt or Ctrl and it will work. The keybinding menu won't let you assign certain keys to the action bar because they are reserved as modifiers. I'm guessing what you are trying to work out is getting some sort of modifier in there and I can't help you with that because I really don't know much about macros. I just knew where the guide section was.

edit: There are macros that use modifers in them, and depending on which modifier is held down, it will cast that spell. For instance, you can have one macro that casts Wind Shear when you press the assigned key, and Purge when you press Shift and that key.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,mod:shift] Purge; [target=mouseover] Wind Shear

I stole the syntax from some post on wowhead, but I put different spells in there, which you could also easily do. You still have to put the macro on your bar somewhere, and since it won't let you assign Shift to a button, you would have to put such a macro on another key. However, this sort of macro lets you consolidate the number of action bar buttons you would have to use.

I think I learned something today.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you wouldn't find out until the end of the show, after they thought it was two other things and almost killed you with the treatments.

What race/class combo would be the best for multiboxing to kill a high level npc? I have an f2p r druidmain toon but I want to multi box and be able to kill a level 62 npc(deals mele damage) and now I'm trying to decide what race/class the controlled alts should be to kill this npc the fastest. What should I choose and why?
*note* to those of you that would say you can't even hit a level 62.. that's wrong. I have soloed him with my one r druid level 20 f2p- it just takes forever. I want to be able to do it quicker :)

get a hpal and a dsc priest and the rest druids or a shammy with spirit stack so he can hot alot.

Thanks for the response. Could you explain your thinking a little more? In this scenario which toons are doing the healing and which dps? The scenario I have envisioned is that since r druids are good at healing it would be the only one in that role and the rest would be doing dps. I had assumed all the alts would be the same race/class, unless there is some reason for mixing them that I am not aware of? Could you help me to understand a bit better?

Perhaps these folks can help you Dual-Boxing.com - Multiboxing

Other than that, maybe troll hunters (for the bow expertise), and kiting ability — how kiting would work on a multibox idk. Just backpedal? Really, I just wanted to give you the multiboxing link.

Or maybe all disc priests, for the +15% hit from Divine Fury on Penance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a start, taken from Pinochet's Shaman Guide:

#showtooltip

/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Purge

As for using it with Shift, idk. You can put that on just about any key, besides Shift, Alt or Ctrl and it will work. The keybinding menu won't let you assign certain keys to the action bar because they are reserved as modifiers. I'm guessing what you are trying to work out is getting some sort of modifier in there and I can't help you with that because I really don't know much about macros. I just knew where the guide section was.

edit: There are macros that use modifers in them, and depending on which modifier is held down, it will cast that spell. For instance, you can have one macro that casts Wind Shear when you press the assigned key, and Purge when you press Shift and that key.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,mod:shift] Purge; [target=mouseover] Wind Shear

I stole the syntax from some post on wowhead, but I put different spells in there, which you could also easily do. You still have to put the macro on your bar somewhere, and since it won't let you assign Shift to a button, you would have to put such a macro on another key. However, this sort of macro lets you consolidate the number of action bar buttons you would have to use.

I think I learned something today.

Dam i need to take the time to learn how to write macros.

I remember trying this bracket back in the Summer for a week but couldn't get into it. I think it was because of a lack of people to play with. However, some friends of mine want to try it out since they no longer P2P so I'm thinking about getting back into it even though I heard there are some issues with the bracket to date (healing etc.). Is it worth investing time into and actually trying? I would assume everyone still plays AP for that matter.

I remember trying this bracket back in the Summer for a week but couldn't get into it. I think it was because of a lack of people to play with. However, some friends of mine want to try it out since they no longer P2P so I'm thinking about getting back into it even though I heard there are some issues with the bracket to date (healing etc.). Is it worth investing time into and actually trying? I would assume everyone still plays AP for that matter.
Ofcourse its still "worth" it. It's freeeeeeeeeeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread