Is 20-29 (and retail in general) twinking dying?

The Invasion has been confirmed to be lootable on 20s, and even 10s (ilvl 14)
unknown.png

I wrote a little guide on some of the prepatch stuff if you wanna read. What has NOT been confirmed was if the Armor drops. We've had confirmation of Weapon andCape drops, but no armor yet

https://xpoff.com/threads/simplifie...ht-pre-patch-for-f2p-vets.98565/#post-1301819

You will notice the blue shoulders next to the cape:
t6gXhaW.png

Iirc, the cape dropped from boss, the shoulders from the rare snow elementals elites spawning when boss is up.

Well also remember that again, these forums represent 5%? of the people actually playing in the 29s (and that is probably generous).

Most people are waiting to see what happens in DF where will need new guides, new ideas, new item farms etc... there will be a reason to post. Right now nothing changed other than people went to 29 could run Magisters terrace and i37 greens with terts and slots are BiS... that did not give anybody much to talk about.

Removing the levelers was not that big of a deal... so what if you had to wait 30 minutes off hours... those games sucked the worst at 20 anyway. Basically net zero.

The whole bracket will die thing if ToC gear is grandfathered is just BS as well... did anybody quit when people were running around with broken artifacts (for a year) and other busted gear for (4 months) after shadowlands prepatch came out... no.... people just took it in ass and let people who had them act hard till the gear got nerfed.

It will have to be busted to the point where you physically can't play anything but Hunter and Priest for the bracket to die off.

WoLK pvp is just nostalgic trash that will get old in a couple months except for the most hardcore wackos. It's no different than the other iterations of classic... the gold loses its luster super fast... because its like watching a movie you already know the ending to and you know exactly when the movie will end... the clock is already counting down so any investment you make dies when WoLK dies... not true for retail.

Last edited:
I want faster queues but I appreciate where the bracket is, in the sense that I sometimes change the outcome of a game singlehandedly.

WoLK pvp is just nostalgic trash that will get old in a couple months except for the most hardcore wackos.

Whelp..... it's where the levelers are.

I guess it'll be retail 29's fault when that dies too as people come back for DF or just stop leveling.

Good news! Double Tap in PvP only fires second shot at 50% Dmg not 100% as the tooltip states. Once the health pools are higher it might not be as busted as we thought. Seeing the new talents in action in duels tonight actually gives me hope for the future damage.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm and what about 19's xp off for free to play? Does that work now?
[doublepost=1666756446,1666755675][/doublepost]The reason the bracket is dead is coz the foundation of this bracket existing in the first place is the free to play peepz
[doublepost=1666757777][/doublepost]RIP guess that isnt available still.

Looks like the bracket is definitely not dying from a PvE/farming for bis perspective then...

Looks like the bracket is definitely not dying from a PvE/farming for bis perspective then...

Yeah I’m becoming more optimistic about 29’s. The only thing left to judge is the burst and/or damage output once ilvl changes go into effect. I’m fairly optimistic about that as well but only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread