20-29 Simplified Guide to Dragonflight Pre-patch for F2P/Vets

Dragpz

Grandfathered
Simplified Guide to Dragonflight Pre-patch (10.0)
This is just a brief overview of the major points of the Pre-patch, as well as an introduction to the Invasion Pre-patch event. There is no definite date for item scaling, but if I had to guess, it will likely happen at launch. There will also be Twitch Drops for accounts linked to a Twitch account.

1081174.jpg

Twitch Drop Schedule:

Pre-patch will be split into 2 phases:
  1. Oct 25th, where we'll get access to the new talents, UI and new race/class combos.
  2. Nov 15th, where the Pre-patch event will start, and Elemental Invasions will become available. (Chromie Timewalking for Shadowlands is also available as of the 15th.)

Available Oct. 25th
  • New UI Overhaul
    • Edit Mode - Allows you customize, import and export UI layout.
  • New Race/Class Combos
    • All playable races can now join the fray as scholarly Mages, cunning Rogues, or devout Priests in the upcoming Dragonflight pre-expansion patch.
  • New PVP Talents
    • All ranged spell casting and healing specializations have a new PvP Talent: Precognition – If an interrupt is used on you while you are not casting, gain 15% Haste and become immune to control effects for 4 seconds. (Rewards "juking" in PVP, and punishes players for missing interrupts)
  • Mage
    • Fire
      • New PvP Talent: Glass CannonIncrease Fireball and Scorch damage by 40%, but reduces your maximum health by 15%.
    • Frost
      • New PvP Talent: SnowdriftSummon a strong Blizzard that surrounds you for 6 seconds that slows enemies by 70% and deals Frost damage every 1 second. Enemies that are caught in Snowdrift for 3 seconds consecutively become Frozen in ice, stunned for 4 seconds.
PROFESSIONS

Cultivation (Tauren Racial) - Reduced from 15 to 5
Arcane Affinity (Blood Elf Racial) - Reduced from 10 to 5
Better Living Through Chemistry (Goblin Racial) - Reduced from 15 to 5
Pride of Ironhorn (HM Tauren Racial) - Reduced from 10 to 5
Ancient History (Nightborne Racial) - Reduced from 10 to 5

Gourmand (Pandaren Racial) - Reduced from 15 to 5

Gemcutting (Draenei Racial) - Reduced from 10 to 5
Engineering Specialization (Gnome Racial) - Reduced from 15 to 5
Flayer (Worgen Racial) - Reduced from 15 to 5
Jack of All Trades (KT Racial) - Reduced from 5 to all, to 2
Mass Production (DI Dwarf Racial) - Reduced from 25% Blacksmith speed to 10%

Gathering racials, Darkmoon Firewater, Fizzy Apple Cider are effectively also nerfed, and 25% Deftness will actually reduce gathering time by 25% (e.g. 3.2s mining to 2.4 mining), as opposed to reducing gathering speeds by a full 1/1.5 seconds prior to Nov. 15th

USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY

• Added an option to combine all bags into a single bag window.
  • The login screen has been updated.
  • Barbershop services are now free of cost.
  • Icon selection for macros, equipment sets, and guild banks now supports drag-and-drop from certain sources (items, spells, mounts, battle pets, macros).
  • OPTIONS MENU
    • You can now search for options using the newly added search bar.
    • NEW FEATURE: INTERACT KEY
      • Interact with objects without mouse-over.
    • NEW FEATURE: PRESS AND HOLD CASTING
      • Does not work with macros or items.
    • NEW FEATURE: ACTION TARGETING
      • Mobs auto-target based on camera aim.
    • NEW FEATURE: DISPLAY NAME SIZE ADJUSTMENT
      • Players can now set a minimum text size to keep in-world names legible.
CHARACTERS
  • Resurrection Sickness now lasts 1 minute (was 10 minutes). Durability loss is now upped to 50%.
  • Up to 5 players of any faction can tag an enemy to earn quest credit and drops.

Available Nov. 15th
Primal Storms/Elemental Invasions (Wowhead guide)
  • How it works:
    • There will be 3 invasion points on the map (Elements are random every 3 hours)
      • Invasions happen in Un'Goro Crater;
      • Invasions happen in Northern Barrens;
      • Invasions happen in Badlands.
7IX6FbG.png

At each event there will be multiple spawn points. Find the point with the large portal to find the event.
1080735.jpg

1080736.jpg

A short pre-event will occur prior to the boss-spawning.

bn3agu7.png

Prior to the boss spawning, smaller elites will also spawn at around 75 elemental shielding. Each smaller elite will drop up to 3-5 https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=199211/primeval-essence and the boss will drop up to 23-26. Non-elite mobs have a chance to drop one essence. Elites and bosses BOTH have a chance to drop gear. You will need 100 https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/item=199211/primeval-essence for the toy. Bosses will respawn every 20 minutes.

A Primal Threat (Quest) - Grants 30 Primeval Essence and the Primal Stormling Pet
Calming the Storms (Daily Quest) - Grants 30 more Primeval Essence
And, on first boss kill, a Sigil of Storms will drop, granting 60 Primeval Essence

unknown.png

Unstable Elemental Confluence Heirloom Trinket
The last reward for this event is a new Heirloom trinket! This trinket contains Primary stats and a proc that deals Elemental damage to enemies. To craft this trinket, you must obtain a rare drop from all Elemental Lords and combine them:
The drop rate is not guaranteed (est. 30%).

Most, if not all, of the items here will be GF'ed for F2P players. Invasions will continue to happen on the Dragon Isles, and the transmog set is available while leveling through DF.

Chromie Timewalking
Shadowlands will also be added to Chromie Timewalking Campaign on Nov 15th. Meaning F2Ps/Vets will have access to things like https://www.wowhead.com/item=185834/orboreal-distinguishment, from the Oribos PVP vendors, 50+ more quests, transmogs, etc.

Sources - (www.wowhead.com/news/primal-storms-dragonflight-pre-patch-event-event-description-and-rewards-329373?webhook, www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSq9ukSSLy0&t=327s, @Brihan for the scaling gear picture, https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1582421300068651008)​

Last edited:
Hey, this may be a silly question, but which of the pre-patch events (oct 25th vs nov 15th) will result in the ilvl of gear changing? And which one will lower the level to start shadowlands content? I cant find this info elsewhere on the forums or google, although tis probably there

Hey, this may be a silly question, but which of the pre-patch events (oct 25th vs nov 15th) will result in the ilvl of gear changing? And which one will lower the level to start shadowlands content? I cant find this info elsewhere on the forums or google, although tis probably there
Proooooooooooobably right on the 25th. Educated guess there. But its me, so now that ive said it out loud, its wrong.

Reactions: Sil

Chromie time scaling will happen on Nov 15th according to MrGM - https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1582421300068651008
For item scaling, there hasn't been any clear communication from Blizzard, so it will be hard to tell, that's why I'm guessing launch at the latest

Should I enchant my warforged gear before the 25th, or would Nov 15th be playing it pretty safe? I'm vet account and have been making red gems for alchemy (which you cannot relearn oops) and barely have enough spare for a full set. So the longer I can wait the better.

Should I enchant my warforged gear before the 25th, or would Nov 15th be playing it pretty safe? I'm vet account and have been making red gems for alchemy (which you cannot relearn oops) and barely have enough spare for a full set. So the longer I can wait the better.
The moment the pre-patch launches, because we do not know and there is zero info when the scalling will start.... Or just play russian roulette every day and wait.

Lol I know the feeling…. I’ve been on edge for a while about it…. I don’t have many chants left so gotta do it once and right.
PTR seems to be at release version now and all my toons haven’t got scaled gear so I’m assuming it’ll happen in Phase 2.
But with Blizz, anything can happen!

How long will the pre-patch event on nov 15th last? And will pure f2p's rly be able to get to Shadowlands? Dude that's noice indeed

Until DF Launch so 2 weeks. And it's not really confirmed, but thats when Chrome Timewalking will have it added, so I assume F2Ps will also get it

will there be anything dropping on anniversary events ? or is anniversary gonna be a thing at all this time round, so near to expc release

Chromie Timewalking for SL has been added to PTR, as well as Evokers. Chromie Timewalking is likely slated for a release on Nov 15th.

Users who are viewing this thread