Is 20-29 (and retail in general) twinking dying?

or stop playing

didn't you (20 hunter) and honfc win against kracks and his friends in WSG the other day?

if you update your gears for DF, i think you will hold your own in BGs.

I, personally, just me, nobody else that I know of, specifically just myself...

am going to get the heirloom. And then just sit it out. I've talked about it at length (shameless plug) but I'm kinda just over F2P twinking feeling like a delayed endgame now, where every content patch means chasing down new gear (a lot of it questionably within some EULA gray areas) just one xpac behind end game characters. If I wanted to have to constantly be chasing an ever expanding power level... I wouldnt be twinking.

If I miss out on GF'd gear, then I miss out on it.

It's like you are speaking my own words for me.

Some transmog sets too which are nice

I like that the transmogs will be available via leveling after the prepatch as well, but that would be level 60+ i would guess. I love how the effect on the trinket is ambiguous..... do I get it? Do I pass? What if its awesome? Or awful? Bastages.

The 29 bracket is going to die if…
- All the ToC Epics are GF’d
- If Dmg/Burst is >= Shadowland 29’s

The whole 20/29 debate is irrelevant in terms of the brackets longevity. The ones who left for classic will return if the bracket is healthy and playable at 29. Classic will fade pretty heavily with DF launch. It’s just nostalgic for a lot of players bored/frustrated with Shadowlands rn

The new trinket is better than the other heirloom trinket that has some useless minus threat bonus. Any additional damage is a win in my book.

Really though, at level 14 I equip a ghost iron dragonling and heirloom insignia and don't swap out the level 14 dragonling until level 39+. Relic of the past is so nice, I just wish they made the cutoffs at x9 rather than 14, 23, 32, and 41. :\

The 29 bracket is going to die if…
i think there is some mileage to be gotten out of defining what we mean when we say “dead” or “dying” bracket

like, i dont think 29s will ever cease to exist so long as there are f2p to pop the ques. There is a large f2p population and the bracket is their pvp. They arent gonna stop queing. So as long as 29s get consistent ques (even if those ques end up being 15-20 minutes or more) theyll still que up

so its never going to DIE die.

but if we mean “die” in a way that implies a lack of growth, no meaningful community, no engagement, no competitive scene, no active rivalries, no dialogue, no measure of progression well…

to repurpose an old quote: “how do you kill something with no life”

but if we mean “die” in a way that implies a lack of growth, no meaningful community, no engagement, no competitive scene, no active rivalries, no dialogue, no measure of progression well…

That is a good way to mean it, I'm not sure everyone means the same thing when they say it but I hope they begin to.

Classic will fade pretty heavily with DF launch. It’s just nostalgic for a lot of players bored/frustrated with Shadowlands rn
A big part of me really doubts this actually. Classic is almost a completely different (and HUGE) audience and Wrath is when raid logging meta starts to take a back seat in terms of being "the only content at end game" with so much other shit to do. I won't be surprised if most classic players don't even bat an eye at retail; mostly because they don't care. I still play and enjoy both versions of the game, so I'm not just a classic Andy talking out of his ass. The two are pretty much completely different games.

But I dont think so many people are really subbing just to play wrath.... it's a time killer until DF for a lot, because it's included. It would be amazing if activity didnt fade as new content is released in the main venue of subscription. Even bad xpacs.

But I could see a quick return to wrath as gated progress points are reached in DF. Blizz loves its gated limitations.

to repurpose an old quote: “how do you kill something with no life”

why do i get the feeling that you are upset that the 29s like myself are having a good time gearing up and PvPing?

like, you can call the bracket whatever you want, but when i come out of a nail-biter with close score, I know I had fun regardless of what others think.

no meaningful community, no engagement, no competitive scene, no active rivalries, no dialogue, no measure of progression

This is my definition of death to the bracket when I say it’s going to die. I’m just trying to stay optimistic about the burst/dmg. Praying to god it’s not a total one shot fest.

Praying to god it’s not a total one shot fest.
I am hoping this for yall.

The talent trees gave me so much hope for an interesting and unique bracket experience but the gear change makes me less than excited. My 20 ele shaman on beta (in current gear) puts out enough burst to global a 29 with the reported health pools granted by TOC/WOD epics

the reported health pools granted by TOC/WOD epics

The hunter I been dicking around with on there has 6.1k at ilvl 112, enchanted. I believe a 20 can dunk that, yes.

I would rather there be almost no difference in top to bottom instead of a top to bottom global fest, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
This si why i stick to pve now, damage is looking completely over the top in df lol

i myself have stopped 20s when the change happened, i see no reason to play my f20s to get obliterated by 29s, i took a 4 year break in Cata and MOP. facing a v20s can be imbal, but not as severe vs a 29. i have experienced as said in another post we have faced 29s that were exploiting to get into xp on bgs, even the v20s cried about it and reported them this whole year. blizz reporting is automated unless there is a ton of reports they are not forwarded for human review. xp on bgs are loaded with twinks due to party sync exploits.

also it appears they might a upscale, https://www.wowhead.com/news/possib...n-dragonflight-smoother-scaling-from-1-328797 but still not excited about refarming to update gear and get .05 shot in a BG

looking at the DF invasion event, this is not imo like the invasion event we had in legion where gear TF/WF and was stronger that what we had from PVP and the 4-5 dungeons we did at the time. to me the DF event will be for tmogs and a BOA that i prob will never use

Last edited:
also it appears they might a upscale, https://www.wowhead.com/news/possib...n-dragonflight-smoother-scaling-from-1-328797 but still not excited about refarming to update gear and get .05 shot in a BG

The examples they show are not the result currently on the beta, and that has been giving me hope since they published that article. Right now, beta is an awful xpac for 20. BUT... if they finish what they started (according to the pictures) it might not be much difference from 20-29 other than talents. Specifically this one:
b9D6dSM.jpg

Now I dont know what dogshit high level they took that stat table from, but it gives hope of an intention to keep things comparable. Now this is a level 20 TBC gemmed I copied over:

asYlxKD.png

MUCH higher item level, much lower main stat... I have no idea wtf they did to get those comparison screenshots the used. Must have been like a level 50 with hardly any slots filled or something. Which is pretty freeking scurvy and misleading.

Or just inept. Neither surprises me.

29 in full epic is currently ilvl 112 on beta, but all the dungeons that drop that epic gear are getting revamped... but still at like 89 (I believe rivendare's lists at ilvl 91 in the dungeon journal at level 30 on beta now, tho the one on my level 29 is still ilvl 112). Main stat at ilvl 112 is over 300, like the example they show on wowhead, so like i said... no idea where they got that crazy screengrab from.

edit- ok.. to be fair and less harsh, the article is from like september. But wtf, that actually looked promising back then... :mad:

I guess they took those before the red line was implemented.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I'm getting 1-2 minute queues 24/7 in the 70-79 bracket in wotlk classic (US). It's at least a 1000 times more fun than 20's ever was imo.

79s in wrath are a treat. You don't get to the stressful endgame threadmill, you have enough power that with good play, you can stand your ground in WPvP and the bgs are fun and plentiful.

Can the invasion event even be looted by 20s though? From all I've read thus far, it appears to only work for level 60s?

The Invasion has been confirmed to be lootable on 20s, and even 10s (ilvl 14)
unknown.png

I wrote a little guide on some of the prepatch stuff if you wanna read. What has NOT been confirmed was if the Armor drops. We've had confirmation of Weapon andCape drops, but no armor yet

https://xpoff.com/threads/simplifie...ht-pre-patch-for-f2p-vets.98565/#post-1301819

Users who are viewing this thread