Is 20-29 (and retail in general) twinking dying?

glancealot

Legend
I am a bit worried. This shows the October forum activity for the only active (PVP) bracket, a total of 8 threads had replies in October and we are literally a few days away from prepatch.

Ron4zhV.jpg

I'm not surprised, almost my entire guild said fuck this and rather do something else or max lvl.

Few of us left mainly do pve stuff, praying for a merge of the que's or that it goes back too what it was. COPIUM

You're smart enough to know forum activity != bracket life. retail 39s are nonexistent on these forums and ran the biggest and most successful arena tournament of the xpac.

that said, yea man. if only someone could have warned yall. This is how 29s *always* end up going. You'll probably see a bit of a resurgence during prepatch and DF launch out of morbid curiosity but its looking like yalls gearing meta is borked beyond belief and even when/if it gets working correctly, its gonna suck shit. And after the glow of "new content" wears off, nobody is gonna put much effort into a busch league bracket of the last dregs of retail twinking.

Smart people are gonna quit the bracket entirely and either just move on to pve pursuits or take a victory lap with us in wotlk and then... who knows.

Reactions: Srs
You're smart enough to know forum activity != bracket life. retail 39s are nonexistent on these forums and ran the biggest and most successful arena tournament of the xpac.

that said, yea man. if only someone could have warned yall. This is how 29s *always* end up going. You'll probably see a bit of a resurgence during prepatch and DF launch out of morbid curiosity but its looking like yalls gearing meta is borked beyond belief and even when/if it gets working correctly, its gonna suck shit. And after the glow of "new content" wears off, nobody is gonna put much effort into a busch league bracket of the last dregs of retail twinking.

Smart people are gonna quit the bracket entirely and either just move on to pve pursuits or take a victory lap with us in wotlk and then... who knows.

is being a naysayer in this situation aligned with your own interest or the xp-off website's interest? you seem a bit pessimistic and there is some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy going on here.

we know that WotLK twinking won't last so why is everyone abandoning the bracket when it is most vulnerable?

why is everyone abandoning the bracket when it is most vulnerable?
Because it's not worth playing.

If anyone wants to play low lvl PvP w much better class balance and toxicity, just make a toon and level through w boe gear, it's a better gaming experience than this.

is being a naysayer in this situation aligned with your own interest or the xp-off website's interest?
what nefarious scheme do you think it is that im engaged in and what interest do you think its serving? what do you think the sites interest is? What do you think my interest is?
we know that WotLK twinking won't last
Cata twinking didnt last. Neither did MOP, WOD, Legion, BFA or SL twinking. Why twink in DF when you know its not gonna last?
why is everyone abandoning the bracket when it is most vulnerable?
I dunno man, I don't play the bracket. I have no idea whats driving people away. Got a few good guesses though.

what nefarious scheme do you think it is that im engaged in and what interest do you think its serving? what do you think the sites interest is? What do you think my interest is?

i would assume the site's interest is aligned with an active retail bracket which implies more forum activity and site traffic. you are a mod on the website, so your interest should align with the website.

as to the red parts, i wouldn't know because i can't read your mind as i can only observe what you have been doing and come up with "good guesses".

Cata twinking didnt last. Neither did MOP, WOD, Legion, BFA or SL twinking. Why twink in DF when you know its not gonna last?

based on shadowland experience, DF twinking will last about 2~3 years before the next big change (something like raising trial cap to 30 or another queue change). i mean, i stopped PvP for a year on my 20 and came back recently and a lot of 20s are still active till this day.

i would assume the site's interest is aligned with an active retail bracket which implies more forum activity and site traffic. you are a mod on the website, so your interest should align with the website.

as to the red parts, i wouldn't know because i can't read your mind as i can only observe what you have been doing and come up with "good guesses".
You seem to imply here that due to my being a mod, I am somehow obligated to participate in a bracket I don't find enjoyable.

Interesting read.

You seem to imply here that due to my being a mod, I am somehow obligated to participate in a bracket I don't find enjoyable.

Interesting read.

no i am not saying you need to participate, but rather, i don't understand why you don't encourage people to play. at least, i don't understand why you are being a non-participant AND a naysayer that downplays the bracket quality or future in multiple instances. but obviously, i am not going to tell you what to do, maybe what you guys are doing on WotLK will help the website get traffic /shrug.

fuck this and rather do something else
Smart people are gonna quit the bracket entirely and either just move on to pve pursuits or take a victory lap with us in wotlk
it's not worth playing.
Shit Meta is shit. Not like it wasn't shit before(hunters) but it's extra shit now(one shot).

WotLK twinking won't last
Because it's fun and I don't have to re-gear twinks that are BiS from TBC, just maybe add some heirloom stuff.

I'm currently enjoying retail 20s. Had a while break during wotlk prepatch & launch... Geared up, did some Naxx, hopped back to my 20s.
Queues seem allright for an exp-locked bracket. 29s aren't a bigger problem than what they were the last time around.(imo)
And I've kinda just enjoyed grinding out dungeon epics for pre-patch.

Between Rep-dailies, PvP & DF-prep, I'd say I'm having about the same amount of fun as I had before!

No need to worry! What swings up, eventually swings down. Then rinse & repeat.

you can encourage people to play
what do you think I've spent the past... I dunno, 4? 5? years doing?
do something other than being a non-participant AND a naysayer that downplays the bracket quality
It would be a disservice to new players and curious twinkers to lie about the state of the bracket.
help the website get traffic /shrug.
growing traffic would imply some financial goal. When instead, the goal is simply to keep a repository of accurate and helpful information regarding twinking.

the goal is simply to keep a repository of accurate and helpful information regarding twinking.

fair enough. i stand corrected.

It would be a disservice to new players and curious twinkers to lie about the state of the bracket.

would it be a disservice to new players and curious twinkers to SPECULATE about the state and future of the bracket, as a non-participant, then? you haven't played since the queue separation, no? i have accumulated 2k HK (solo queue) since the queue separation on my warrior alone, i swear this is the most fun i have had in a long time.

Shit Meta is shit. Not like it wasn't shit before(hunters) but it's extra shit now(one shot).

i died 4 times in a 20 min intense game, how is it a 1-shot bracket? also, i don't understand, you just said this bracket is sh1t, then you "yep"-ed baked post that praises the bracket heavily, what is your position again?

Last edited:
Everything Glance posts should obviously be ignored regarding whatever topic he is posting about, especially 29.

Why everyone keeps responding (other than to bitch about their own sorrows in the situation) is baffling.

edit- and if i see one more post again about "29's begging for 20's to queue" in regards to glance's fishing for attention, I'm gonna lose my shit.

Users who are viewing this thread