Is 20-29 (and retail in general) twinking dying?

Rip the people that were spamming these for months before pre-patch :LULW:

A bit too toxic for my taste. I have several friends who did that and I am bit offended by the tone and emote.

bracket gonna die just cuz nobody's leaving Iron Docks for 6 months

Someone yesterday was saying they were seeing an Epic proc every 2-3 runs. If that’s the case it shouldn’t take too long with a full Twink group. If people get super tryhard with farming absolute BiS, they might be there for 6 months. It sounds like just farming a full Epic set can be done in a week or two.

I think running in a full group of all the same armor type and shared loot specs (if it can be done without wiping) will be most effective especially towards the end of your build. This will drastically narrow the loot table and people can trade if they already have that slot BiS.

I personally like that you can’t build your toon with WoW Tokens this Expansion and those who put in the work reap the rewards. Hopefully it’s not too tedious or too advantageous so the lazy people can run ToC gear and not feel completely gimped.

Getting BiS from ToC FoS HoF and PoS already requires a lot of commitment, not lazy by any means.

Someone yesterday was saying they were seeing an Epic proc every 2-3 runs.

Last night i was seeing more than that but I'm running 2 toons at once too.

I upgraded my garrison to a dwarven bunker, that gives double quest reward chance to upgrade, I cant help but feel that it affects all WoD drops but there's no reason it should. I always upgrade it before doing the world treasures just in case but these throwaway toons I skipped it cuz it's a hassle until the garrison spawns the like 300 resources (if you dont gather them via questing) you need to upgrade to level 2 and replace the barracks..... plus the hour to build it.

I'd hate to suggest people do it for no reason, but it is what I do and my results feel increased. YMMV.

I personally like that you can’t build your toon with WoW Tokens this Expansion and those who put in the work reap the rewards. Hopefully it’s not too tedious or too advantageous so the lazy people can run ToC gear and not feel completely gimped.
Theres absolutely a middle ground between AH gearing and gearing that requires you to win 3-4 separate rng rolls per slot. We are just switching between the extremes

Well, the reason I play 20-29 is because I can just quickly gear up a toon and play PvP, this now feels more and more like end game where you become the hamster.

Well, the reason I play 20-29 is because I can just quickly gear up a toon and play PvP, this now feels more and more like end game where you become the hamster.

There is no reason this new method should become a hamster. The ilvl changes that favor Epics seem like a long needed gear quality correction that should in theory last forever. I see no reason why you would ever need to regear until another squish

What is with the insane amount of 29s hate in this thread? How are the people who have been twinking longer than most of you f2p players, oldschool 70s from back during Wotlk/Cata, the problem and not the people who don't even pay for the game that have a stick up their ass? Oh no, the bracket is dead because the people who haven't been able to play the twinks they like can finally queue again, the horror! Why don't you just, pay a sub and make a 29 if you're so butthurt about it?

It's almost like the equivalent of the leveling noob back in 2007, who hits level 10, queues a bg in all grey/white gear, and gets 1 shot by a level 17 with some dungeon blues and then complains that the game sucks.

Btw this bracket fucking sucks dick. The squish ruined everything outside of max level, the game sucks.

What is with the insane amount of 29s hate in this thread?

Bitterness that they lost the levelers.
Bitterness that they lost top spot in the bracket.
Bitterness that they werent warned.
Bitterness that no one but them really cares.

And bitterness at how many people swooped right into their position of fodder-killers instead of staying at 20 for them.

They (not all of them) can talk about "community" all they want, but if it was about community they'd just move on to wargames instead of something else entirely. Any thriving community of like-minded players could do that.

Pretty sure we havent had one of those last without levelers since the first sundering of the brackets. So yeah.

it is an unabashedly *good* thing that the twinking population has mostly decentralized into various discord servers. Uncle Rico up there just doesnt like that shits changed.
Also this is such a shit take. Discord servers were the death of any semblance of community. Not only are they all dead too (I'm in at least 4 of them and only 1 of them gets daily posts and it's usually just a stupid screenshot or two). No relevant information in almost any of them. And the only people who do anything are the same 5-10 people that only queue if they can pubstomp with their premade.

It's like 90% cliques full of egotistic losers and 10% people that want to have fun.

And 60 and 70 were exactly the same when it happened to them (us) and every X9 when they got booted too.

It's all understandable, just accept it for what it is instead of trying to mask it with righteous indignation.
[doublepost=1666808556,1666808421][/doublepost]
how many think the current mod team should have that kind of power lol
You apparently already ruin everything, imagine what you could do with real power!! :Kappa:

Also this is such a shit take. Discord servers were the death of any semblance of community. Not only are they all dead too (I'm in at least 4 of them and only 1 of them gets daily posts and it's usually just a stupid screenshot or two). No relevant information in almost any of them. And the only people who do anything are the same 5-10 people that only queue if they can pubstomp with their premade.

It's like 90% cliques full of egotistic losers and 10% people that want to have fun.
Not sure its a terribly shit take. I'm a big fan of decentralized organization, especially in niche subcultures like twinking. While its certainly useful to have one central clearing house for relevant information, all that does is put access to that clearing house, editing power over that information and maintenance of what does and doesnt get promoted under the control of a small group of people

Take a random straw poll of XPOff users and ask them how many think the current mod team should have that kind of power lol

Man, I hope youre right but lol... we've been saying this since at least Legion

I mean yeah, you can never predict what Blizz is going to do lol but in theory this seems like a change that could withstand any future changes. The ilvl disparity in relation to rarity can almost guarantee we won’t see any Legion style BoE farming ever again. The only thing I foresee potentially changing up the meta would be raid access at 20 to give F2P a taste of raiding, or the rumor that’s already brewing about every expansions dungeon content having the ability to proc epic w/ socket and/or tert.

can almost guarantee we won’t see any Legion style BoE farming ever again.
Well as far as I know we havent seen shadowlands stuff at our level yet, not anything set in stone anyway.

edit- also, I ran botanica like 20 times this morning on live and got zero upgrades... so what that was on the beta doing it is either not intended or not dropping until phase 2. Lots of unknowns already, like with any xpac.

Bitterness that they lost the levelers.
Bitterness that they lost top spot in the bracket.
Bitterness that they werent warned.
Bitterness that no one but them really cares.

And bitterness at how many people swooped right into their position of fodder-killers instead of staying at 20 for them.

They (not all of them) can talk about "community" all they want, but if it was about community they'd just move on to wargames instead of something else entirely. Any thriving community of like-minded players could do that.

Pretty sure we havent had one of those last without levelers since the first sundering of the brackets. So yeah.

^ This is the 29s community, people. As I've said before in a previous thread, F2Ps/Vets have always been more popular than 29s. And ever since people have been able to make 29s, there has always been hate for people who sub to the game to simply Twink in a bracket that is FUELED BY F2Ps/VETS. If you hate F2Ps/Vets so much, get out of their bracket. It was a nice time while it lasted, but noone will ever want to play in a bracket full of 29s, that much is clear with every other dead x9's bracket out there.

I have done 30 wod dungeons on my lvl 14 warrior an have so far gotten 10 purples. none with terts though.

Users who are viewing this thread