Is 20-29 (and retail in general) twinking dying?

It was... shocking. But we moved on.

Yeah.... clearly no.

Not you or a handful of you, but clearly every time Glance stirs his pot the unsilent majority come out in throngs to QQ.

You (f2play/vet) keep saying 29 are begging you all to queue... nope, that's just glance.
You (you) keep saying f2play/vet are "over it".... nope, that's just you.

Too much flagrant and flatulent generalization going round this place and it's really sad. Everyone needs to just speak for themselves and stop lumping every other person they can into their own personal agenda/belief - then you can have true opinion.

I harp on 20 and I harp on 29... as general and broad as I am in that I try to keep clear that not everyone is a whiny, self-absorbed hypocrite. Just most are. Most 29 are not begging anyone for anything, they dont give a shit. They arent even here.

But most geared f2play/vet DID crap on levelers and new players if they did any PvP in the last 2+ years... that's real.

edit- "we" only means you.... almost every time you say it. Like 12 of you, lol. And that's great. But it's not ALL of you.

And Glance, by god, is not ANY of "us". (i dont even f***ing queue lol)

Yeah.... clearly no.

Not you or a handful of you, but clearly every time Glance stirs his pot the unsilent majority come out in throngs to QQ.

You (f2play/vet) keep saying 29 are begging you all to queue... nope, that's just glance.

Too much flagrant and flatulent generalization going round this place and it's really sad. Everyone needs to just speak for themselves and stop lumping every other person they can into their own personal agenda/belief - then you can have true opinion.

I harp on 20 and I harp on 29... as general and broad as I am in that I try to keep clear that not everyone is a whiny, self-absorbed hypocrite. Just most are. Most 29 are not begging anyone for anything, they dont give a shit. They arent even here.

But most geared f2play/vet DID crap on levelers and new players if they did any PvP in the last 2+ years... that's real.

edit- "we" only means you.... almost every time you say it. Like 12 of you, lol. And that's great. But it's not ALL of you.

And Glance, by god, is not ANY of us". (i dont even f***ing queue lol)

"we" are over it by not queuing in the bracket anymore.

"we" are still allowed to talk on the forums about the change

"we" are over it by not queuing in the bracket anymore.

yeah...... that's not what that means. Lol.

we" are still allowed to talk on the forums about the change

Of course. You talk, others bitch and whine. Not "over it" by a long shot. Unable to do anything about it, sure... not over it. If I kick you in the nuts and you fall over and pass out, you're not "over it" cuz you didnt fight back. You're just nut-kicked.

edit- I'll be happy to play 20 when the mood arizes but that's old news right now. I have a bunch geared (except if the TBC change is real)... I dont have 29 geared other than that random 1, and i'd play those too if the activity allowed. And likely prefer them just for the extra playability.

Like WW monk. Totally different from 20 to 29, for me anyway. Way more enjoyable.

Everyone can do both. They just dont want to... they need to be the alpha not the underdog.

edit- or..... of course..... play for free.

inb4 "I have 2 accounts so ALL free players are justified and not just avoiding a sub!!1".... no. Some just want free shit.

And the best shit at that.

Last edited:
at this point, i see only one insane person in this thread. (just chill, bro)

i don't like some of the people that post in this thread or agree with their PoV but i cannot say they are insane.

Yeah.... clearly no.

And Glance, by god, is not ANY of "us". (i dont even f***ing queue lol)

You're gonna have a really hard time in life if you think every time someone makes a generalizing statement like "we" or "us" they are being entirely, 100% inclusive of every person that might apply to. Especially when its been previously established in the conversation that this is a generalization that doesnt apply to everyone, but rather enough of a majority of the included group to be representative.

IE, in the beginning of my post I said "most of us who have been around a while" and then shorthanded that to "we" and "us" without making any context switches that might imply a change to who that group of people is.

Any misunderstanding there is on you. I was perfectly clear who that "we" and "us" is.

Furthermore, making such a big deal out of this and then making statements like "the unsilent majority come out in throngs to QQ." and "Everyone can do both. They just dont want to... they need to be the alpha not the underdog." when youre referring to like... 2 SL babies is intensely hilarious.

i dont even f***ing queue lol

yet you want to appear awfully confident and authoritative, on a twink PvP forum, for someone who doesn't even queue BGs

smh

every time someone makes a generalizing statement like "we" or "us" they

I get that, but you tend to make them almost immediately (like same page, not real time) after someone does exactly the opposite. Someone just made the most obliviously hypocritical post last page, and at the bottom of the same page both you and conzil made "we are over it" posts about f2play.... yours was much less general, yes, but still acting as if no one ever complained about anything.

You are not all f2play. I realize you know this and dont intend to imply this, but it very easily comes off as this.

when you (general) say stuff like:
People forgetting F2Ps were the underdogs for a few expansion, we don’t mind that. We dislike the bracket dying.
It was... shocking. But we moved on. The bracket is doing great without us.

Clearly... all of "we" are not included. <--- meant to say that.

When you label your opinion as "we" it gets things very muddy. Not everyone is high-roading it, at all. At all.

edit- or... I mean you guys could all just:
switch over to 39s or any other bracket where you arent ruining the enjoyment of levelers and new players.

Last edited:
Clearly... all of "we" are included.
But no. What change in context in my post made you think I went from "most of us who have been around a while" to "every fucking F2P in the game"

Especially when you already know I dont mean that
You are not all f2play. I realize you know this and dont intend to imply this

I'm starting to think you're acting in as much good faith as Glance does...

Like I realize what youre trying to get at but you're also admitting that you are splitting pedantic hairs that dont need to be split because you understand whats being said and implied. It's mind boggling that you're carrying this on.

Cuz it's not exclusive to that page. It's frequent, and your opinion carries weight.

It's mind boggling that you're carrying this on.

What else is there to do? The bracket is dead and everyone has moved on.... right?

Of course not - it's not dead, and "we" didnt all move on. Yet I keep seeing it posted as if saying it more makes it real.

Not chastising you, really. But you're one of very few able to conduct constructive discussion. Or at least keep open mind. the bracket is never going to be dead as long as there's f2play fodder to feed it... point being if the 29 move on, only leaves "you".

And somehow..... that's totally ok.

When there's still f2play getting shat on by geared f2play and vets. As long as they're doing the shatting. (is that a word?)

eidt- hey, i fixed that part you quoted while you were responding - meant to say it as it was fixed. For clarity.

Cuz it's not exclusive to that page. It's frequent, and your opinion carries weight.
Gonna start being annoyingly fucking exact with everything I type

"we, twinks who have played since before 2015 and have played at least 3 different brackets but not more than 5, who have excellent taste in facial hair, at least one dwarf character, maintain at least 2 paid accounts, have played in enough competitive wargames and arena tournies to claim the mantle of "competitive" but do so poorly they still claim to be "casual" and also have cute cats... are over it"

Gonna start being annoyingly fucking exact with everything I type

"we, twinks who have played since before 2015 and have played at least 3 different brackets but not more than 5, who have excellent taste in facial hair, at least one dwarf character, maintain at least 2 paid accounts, have played in enough competitive wargames and arena tournies to claim the mantle of "competitive" but do so poorly they still claim to be "casual" and also have cute cats... are over it"

Fuck… I’ve played in more than 5 brackets, guess I’m out

I do hope 20's arent missing out on the opportunity for some grandfathered stuff cuz they're off pouting in the corner.

One thing we know about Blizz is that it aint gonna stay this way forever... unfortunately the other thing we know about blizz is keeping us from clarifying what that stuff is going to be - that they cant do anything right. Beta is a mess. :FrogeTorch:

I do hope 20's arent missing out on the opportunity for some grandfathered stuff cuz they're off pouting in the corner.
I, personally, just me, nobody else that I know of, specifically just myself...

am going to get the heirloom. And then just sit it out. I've talked about it at length (shameless plug) but I'm kinda just over F2P twinking feeling like a delayed endgame now, where every content patch means chasing down new gear (a lot of it questionably within some EULA gray areas) just one xpac behind end game characters. If I wanted to have to constantly be chasing an ever expanding power level... I wouldnt be twinking.

If I miss out on GF'd gear, then I miss out on it.

The heirloom? Wait, I thought everyone was either farming WoD or TOC. Care to elaborate?

Warglave:

Everything Glance posts should obviously be ignored regarding whatever topic he is posting about

also Warglave:

JblKy20.jpg

From what I understand about twinking and pvp in general is you want to be sitting at the top of the roost, which means bis gear and being the highest lvl of a given bracket. 20's dont like 29's, roll a 19 or sub.
or stop playing

Users who are viewing this thread