Are vets, by nature, who have a huge advantage over levelers, exploiting ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that blizz made pvp grant exp and gave you an option to turn xp off to continue twinking proves that they intended on twinks being in game they then were flooded by crybabies saying twinks were ruining their game experience ruining the fun. idk if its still in tos or not but it used to be that it said anything that happens in pvp (twinking overgeared and overpowered toons inc) is allowed and if you do not like it you have the choice not to pvp. but they got tired of the complaintes and made it different ruining our chances as twinks to play our toons and having to go this route. i think xpoff should be allowed back in the normal brackets and blizzard should go back to their original views that if you dont like it dont queue. also what classifies to me as unfair gameplay is something that is unavoidable such as overtuned boss fights the was twinks play now are not considered exploits in my opinion using toys gear and meathods others dont is not cheating they have the choicce to do so and dont because they want it handed to them therefor its just laziness. if someone wants to take the time to do all that they deserve it. you dont get a lamorgini by sitting on your ass doing nothing you work for that shit (in 95% of the cases) the community in wow is just a bunch of whiners who are used to mommy and daddy handing them everything at the first sign of a hissyfit and its one of the reasons the game is no longer enjoyable to me.

Its more like this

We all get together to play a game of soccer. Its fairly competitive, so things get a little intense and people are really stretching the rules. Theres flopping, theres some cheeky off-side play, a little calf raking with cleats, maybe even someone recreates the Hand Of God moment from the 86 world cup. But within the rules of play and the refs discretion these things fly. Is there a bit of "come on, thats kinda lame" going on for everyone? Sure. But thems the rules.

Then someone just decides "fuck it, Im gonna pick up the ball and run it across the goal line". Now we have a blatant rule violation. Sure, you can argue that if the goal is to get the ball across the goal line, then not being able to use your hands seems arbitrary. And hey, if I can use my hands then you can also use yours. And look, we're already flopping and getting away with the occasional handball and other lame shit so whats wrong with this particular lame shit? if you're not down with picking the ball up that sucks but we're gonna do it. Especially if the ref is looking the other way.

But at that point, we're not playing the game we all agreed to play. This is not to ruleset we understood and signed up for. If we wanted to play rugby, we'd have signed up for rugby.

And sure, yea, Im aware that I sound like the poindexter coach in Air Bud (shut up, let me mix my sports metaphors) running up and down the court yelling at the refs that "no a dog isnt allowed to play basketball" as some labrador dunks all over my team, but the rules do exist for a reason and by playing this game, we agreed that we would abide by those rules.

But when you show up, blatantly violate the rules and then your defense is "well the rules suck! I dont like them, they arent fun! They dont let me play the way I want to!" then maybe this isnt the game for you.

That was a great reply and solid argument, I totally agree and reserve the right to also disagree. <3
[doublepost=1627440488,1627440304][/doublepost]
the fact that blizz made pvp grant exp and gave you an option to turn xp off to continue twinking proves that they intended on twinks being in game they then were flooded by crybabies saying twinks were ruining their game experience ruining the fun. idk if its still in tos or not but it used to be that it said anything that happens in pvp (twinking overgeared and overpowered toons inc) is allowed and if you do not like it you have the choice not to pvp. but they got tired of the complaintes and made it different ruining our chances as twinks to play our toons and having to go this route. i think xpoff should be allowed back in the normal brackets and blizzard should go back to their original views that if you dont like it dont queue. also what classifies to me as unfair gameplay is something that is unavoidable such as overtuned boss fights the was twinks play now are not considered exploits in my opinion using toys gear and meathods others dont is not cheating they have the choicce to do so and dont because they want it handed to them therefor its just laziness. if someone wants to take the time to do all that they deserve it. you dont get a lamorgini by sitting on your ass doing nothing you work for that shit (in 95% of the cases) the community in wow is just a bunch of whiners who are used to mommy and daddy handing them everything at the first sign of a hissyfit and its one of the reasons the game is no longer enjoyable to me.

amen brother, preach it!

Meh, to me vets are just people that decided to quit paying for leveling.

The way I see it, once the new meta comes into play they’ll either change gears for the clock to have an attractiveness old-timey look to it or replace the old clock with a new one and keep the gears due to how effective they are.

in other words what I’m trying to get at, what’s meta today could mean it’s power-creeped tomorrow.

Can I just go back to hunting Skhowl and repeating Stonetalon Mountains till I proc a purple cloth helm for all eternity?

So, the question everyone has to ask themselves is this...... WAS IT BLIZZARDS INTENTION, upon protecting the f2ps from twinks, that the f2ps/vets would then become the major contributing factor to the utter destruction of their precious paid levelers going through the bracket? Answer HONESTLY, do you think blizzard intended for the very players it was trying to protect to become the new era of twinks??

This is a key question indeed. And no, they did not.

Some others try to say that they did, but they are changing the subject. Eg, take this response:

Vets and F2Ps have been officially recognized by Blizzard like a dozen times over the past few years, they know about vets. I have seen GMs numerous times ending off a ticket with "have fun twinking!"

Yes, it is intended. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Vets are in a bit more of a grey area, but F2P twinks are here to stay and fully intended.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/20294

Point by point:

No, GMs blabbering something does not mean anything at all.

No, the article on us.battle.net talking that if you don't have a sub, but have xp enabled, you can queue for bgs (and get hits), does not mean that Blizzard intended what Somfas wrote about above. It merely means that people without a sub being able to play bgs is intended. It does NOT mean that people without a sub dominating hard in the bgs they play is intended. This is a change of subject.

It is absolutely obvious that Blizzard did NOT intend players who twink by unsubbing to dominate players who don't. If you ask why this is obvious, you are asking the dumbest question possible. Use your brain maybe instead of pretending you don't have one. It is obvious why. Because players without a sub dominating players with a sub is simply bad for business. Not only there is a huge discrepancy in power, this discrepancy benefits people who don't pay over those who pay. This is nuts. That this is allowed to happen is merely Blizzard not thinking much about it and being busy with other priorities, not them intending it.

Somfas, you are right on everything. Yes, level 20 twinks are exploiting on roughly the same level as 19-29-whatever level debuffers. Neither exploit is intended. Or, if you want it this way, neither way to dominate bgs is intended, although it is tolerated.

Last edited:
So players without a sub being able to bg is intended, but also, players without a sub being able to bg is not intended ok got it thank you.

again /hands on forehead, stares dismissively.
[doublepost=1627488479,1627488178][/doublepost]
This is a key question indeed. And no, they did not.

Some others try to say that they did, but they are changing the subject. Eg, take this response:

Point by point:

No, GMs blabbering something does not mean anything at all.

No, the article on us.battle.net talking that if you don't have a sub, but have xp enabled, you can queue for bgs (and get hits), does not mean that Blizzard intended what Somfas wrote about above. It merely means that people without a sub being able to play bgs is intended. It does NOT mean that people without a sub dominating hard in the bgs they play is intended. This is a change of subject.

It is absolutely obvious that Blizzard did NOT intend players who twink by unsubbing to dominate players who don't. If you ask why this is obvious, you are asking the dumbest question possible. Use your brain maybe instead of pretending you don't have one. It is obvious why. Because players without a sub dominating players with a sub is simply bad for business. Not only there is a huge discrepancy in power, this discrepancy benefits people who don't pay over those who pay. This is nuts. That this is allowed to happen is merely Blizzard not thinking much about it and being busy with other priorities, not them intending it.

Somfas, you are right on everything. Yes, level 20 twinks are exploiting on roughly the same level as 19-29-whatever level debuffers. Neither exploit is intended. Or, if you want it this way, neither way to dominate bgs is intended, although it is tolerated.

Thank you for actually paying attention to the point.
[doublepost=1627488513][/doublepost]
So players without a sub being able to bg is intended, but also, players without a sub being able to bg is not intended ok got it thank you.
do you even read bro?

Someone said it. This is some kind of holy war that will never be settled on.

My final thought is this. If debuffing is the same level of scum as vet, why does somfas (and others) debuff premade outside of the 20-29 bracket.

Why not bring your talents to my bracket ? :)

lmaoooo.PNG

this is what you call a strawman boys and girls

What exploit is being used? Gear is not an exploit, enchants, gems, professions; none of those are exploits. The option to Que into BGs is clearly intentional as well. Ask any number of idiots (like myself) that screwed up turning XP back on before time runs out and had to open a ticket because they couldn't Que into BGs. I don't mind the argument that Vet is scummy or whatever, i am sure there is something there (although much less of something now that you can get to the same power lvl w FTP toons thanks to the prof changes). Calling it an exploit is just a misunderstanding of the term as defined in the first post.

What exploit is being used? Gear is not an exploit, enchants, gems, professions; none of those are exploits. The option to Que into BGs is clearly intentional as well. Ask any number of idiots (like myself) that screwed up turning XP back on before time runs out and had to open a ticket because they couldn't Que into BGs. I don't mind the argument that Vet is scummy or whatever, i am sure there is something there (although much less of something now that you can get to the same power lvl w FTP toons thanks to the prof changes). Calling it an exploit is just a misunderstanding of the term as defined in the first post.
What exploit is being used? Level is not an exploit, debuff, gems, enchants; none of these are exploits. The option to que into bgs is clearly intentional as well. Ask any number of idiots (like myself) that screwed up the xp debuff trick and had to rq a game before leveling. I don't mind the argument that Debuff is scummy or whatever, I am sure there is something there (although much less of something now that you can get to the same power level w FTP toons thanks to the prof changes). Calling it an exploit is just a misunderstanding of the term defined in the first post.

it is true that enchants, gems, debuffs, professions are not exploits in of themselves. its the way they are used/gained that can be seen as exploitative. using the fact that they arent exploits in of themselves to justify the exploitative way people use to debuff or the notrlyexploitativebutvryweird way of subbing, gearing out character at level 20, sitting at 20 until sub runs out and kill levelers 24/7 is like justifying going oob while having a flag on your back with "well jumping isnt an exploit, and neither is standing. the way i got here shouldve been fixed along time ago, therefore i am completely justified in abusing this spot making the game worse day in and day out.".
[doublepost=1627514829,1627514540][/doublepost]
Someone said it. This is some kind of holy war that will never be settled on.

My final thought is this. If debuffing is the same level of scum as vet, why does somfas (and others) debuff premade outside of the 20-29 bracket.

Why not bring your talents to my bracket ? :)
hahahahahaa.PNG

this is yet another example of a strawman boys and girls
[doublepost=1627515373][/doublepost]
Its more like this

We all get together to play a game of soccer. Its fairly competitive, so things get a little intense and people are really stretching the rules. Theres flopping, theres some cheeky off-side play, a little calf raking with cleats, maybe even someone recreates the Hand Of God moment from the 86 world cup. But within the rules of play and the refs discretion these things fly. Is there a bit of "come on, thats kinda lame" going on for everyone? Sure. But thems the rules.

Then someone just decides "fuck it, Im gonna pick up the ball and run it across the goal line". Now we have a blatant rule violation. Sure, you can argue that if the goal is to get the ball across the goal line, then not being able to use your hands seems arbitrary. And hey, if I can use my hands then you can also use yours. And look, we're already flopping and getting away with the occasional handball and other lame shit so whats wrong with this particular lame shit? if you're not down with picking the ball up that sucks but we're gonna do it. Especially if the ref is looking the other way.

But at that point, we're not playing the game we all agreed to play. This is not to ruleset we understood and signed up for. If we wanted to play rugby, we'd have signed up for rugby.

And sure, yea, Im aware that I sound like the poindexter coach in Air Bud (shut up, let me mix my sports metaphors) running up and down the court yelling at the refs that "no a dog isnt allowed to play basketball" as some labrador dunks all over my team, but the rules do exist for a reason and by playing this game, we agreed that we would abide by those rules.

But when you show up, blatantly violate the rules and then your defense is "well the rules suck! I dont like them, they arent fun! They dont let me play the way I want to!" then maybe this isnt the game for you.
real response inc

this would be true if veteran twinks were either endorsed by blizzard or it was shown to be an intentional thing blizzard made for twinks. its true that veteran twinks dont blatanly grab the ball and run across the field, its more like they take steroids behind game like fully geared tf out gems, bis enchants, grandfathered op af items, and are basically dominating the field like they are fighting against babies.

however once again, it isnt about what is more scummy or not. and also this is quite the false equivalency because a cheapshot in soccer might be just that a cheapshot, but stretching out the rules in wow is like going oob without any exploits or being able to fly across the map as a demon hunter without being able to get hit once because demon hunter lol

they are both scummy. one shouldnt make fun of the other because they are BOTH scummy. case closed. debuffers shouldnt fuck with veterans because they are scummy. veterans shouldnt fuck with debuffers because they are scummy.

o god chops pls dont ban me :monkaW: i understand there is no room for argumentation on your opinions :monkaW: pls i just wanted to clear it up why did my thread get delete--- no room for argumentation?? i cant believe it.. god pls dont ban me :monkaS:

Last edited:
I remember when a lot of 20s were arguing that 29s were scummy and should leave the poor innocent 20s alone when xpon/xpoff were merged. Good to know the same 20s are still in denial about their own hypocrisy to this day. Like have you not heard of therapy get help already. It’s always been exploitative to twink if you’re in the same bgs/arenas as levelers that’s kind of the point.

I havn’t really bothered to read through most of the thread cuz this discussion is just stupid, if we go back to the original part about the user agreement we can see that it’s only an exploit or cheat if the method is not authorized by Blizzard, however playing BGs on a level 20 without gametime is authorized by them, which is why it has been possible for years without Blizzard doing anything about it, unlike the xpoff debuff which has been patched on like five occasions.

Now let’s pretend Blizzard isn’t authorizing playing BGs on a level 20 without gamtime, would it be an exploit then? No, since there are no advantages that a leveler couldn’t get, all the gear, enchants, gems and consumables that a VET has, any leveler could buy / farm.

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
  1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

I havn’t really bothered to read through most of the thread cuz this discussion is just stupid, if we go back to the original part about the user agreement we can see that it’s only an exploit or cheat if the method is not authorized by Blizzard, however playing BGs on a level 20 without gametime is authorized by them, which is why it has been possible for years without Blizzard doing anything about it, unlike the xpoff debuff which has been patched on like five occasions.

Now let’s pretend Blizzard isn’t authorizing playing BGs on a level 20 without gamtime, would it be an exploit then? No, since there are no advantages that a leveler couldn’t get, all the gear, enchants, gems and consumables that a VET has, any leveler could buy / farm.

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
  1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
i cant tell who you are trying to argue with because i never said veteran twinks are "cheating" or "exploiting" and you havent cleared up who this is aimed at

are you ok?
yes im just recalling some ptsd since the last time i interacted with you i was hit with the "It's not up for argument. Stop posting it." and the "I told you this wasnt up for argument. This is not a debate."
:monkaS: pls no ban pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread