How's the bracket, being months in?

Have you personally farmed these greens? How much of a bitch is it to farm? Similar to the beginning? Where people spent weeks, replicating the farm to a gloomshroud? Or is it relatively normal to the farm of a SF or Fangs from WC. Only thing holding me back are those greens. Don't want to waste weeks farming greens to find out the bracket hasn't changed to what I liked it as before.
I think it's an easier farm than SFK. Far more likelihood of having something valuable drop especially with personal loot in a 5 man. If you have a good pool of people farming on your server you can trade gear back and forth. Neck, finger and back slot are all in high demand

Have you personally farmed these greens? How much of a bitch is it to farm? Similar to the beginning? Where people spent weeks, replicating the farm to a gloomshroud? Or is it relatively normal to the farm of a SF or Fangs from WC. Only thing holding me back are those greens. Don't want to waste weeks farming greens to find out the bracket hasn't changed to what I liked it as before.
Yes, I have.

My F2P warrior wears two ilvl 28s and has another 2 in the bank. The farm was not particularly bad. I leeched off some druids who were farming pigs at Fallhaven. It took several hours over several days (over 20 hours total) but it was mostly time spent watching netflix while i pressed my thunderstrike key every 10 seconds or so.

Problem, for F2P, is that folks arent really farming those pigs (or mobs in nazmir) for vendor trash anymore. So getting the greens on a F2P can be a bit more troublesome. If you want to farm them for a vet, its significantly easier and you can read all about it in the ilvl 28 farming compendium.

The good news is, you dont really need them. Like, I could use the cloak from Freehold with a socket proc. And I could put on some TBC dungeon shoulders. I lose a bit of vers but I gain a gang of crit and a socket slot. Fairly even trade there. I dont have socket rings and honestly I cant say I feel hyper compelled to go get them, either. Thats an "eventually" thing.

Outside of classes that just *have* to stack mastery, I think people overvalue the ilvl 28s a bit. Not that they arent good. They really are and they allow you a bit of flexibility in your gearing. But if you cant be arsed to get them, its not like there arent alternatives.

I think it's an easier farm than SFK. Far more likelihood of having something valuable drop especially with personal loot in a 5 man. If you have a good pool of people farming on your server you can trade gear back and forth. Neck, finger and back slot are all in high demand
I assume those groups would be through btag? Or is it common to see a bunch of low levels out there farming. I'd be doing this on either BH or AP. I haven't decided yet.

I assume those groups would be through btag? Or is it common to see a bunch of low levels out there farming. I'd be doing this on either BH or AP. I haven't decided yet.
The lvl 20s communities are good spots to start looking. The big guilds regularly have informal groups farming and I've also met people from other servers in the good farming spots

Yes, I have.

My F2P warrior wears two ilvl 28s and has another 2 in the bank. The farm was not particularly bad. I leeched off some druids who were farming pigs at Fallhaven. It took several hours over several days (over 20 hours total) but it was mostly time spent watching netflix while i pressed my thunderstrike key every 10 seconds or so.

Problem, for F2P, is that folks arent really farming those pigs (or mobs in nazmir) for vendor trash anymore. So getting the greens on a F2P can be a bit more troublesome. If you want to farm them for a vet, its significantly easier and you can read all about it in the ilvl 28 farming compendium.

The good news is, you dont really need them. Like, I could use the cloak from Freehold with a socket proc. And I could put on some TBC dungeon shoulders. I lose a bit of vers but I gain a gang of crit and a socket slot. Fairly even trade there. I dont have socket rings and honestly I cant say I feel hyper compelled to go get them, either. Thats an "eventually" thing.

Outside of classes that just *have* to stack mastery, I think people overvalue the ilvl 28s a bit. Not that they arent good. They really are and they allow you a bit of flexibility in your gearing. But if you cant be arsed to get them, its not like there arent alternatives.
Do we have a forum post on farm spots? I'll give it an attempt :)
[doublepost=1619117504,1619117462][/doublepost]
The lvl 20s communities are good spots to start looking. The big guilds regularly have informal groups farming and I've also met people from other servers in the good farming spots
Got links to those communities??

pug5 4rent th4t b4d in thi5 br4cket tbh you ju5t h4ve to know the b4d g4me5 before the g4te5 open to 4fk out to 4void the incoming 5hitfe5t.

look for the toughest dude or healer who hasn’t died yet and make it ur mission to drop the suckers.....
It’s a bit like a dog pi$$ing on a tree to mark its territory....... u gotta let them tough dudes know who the real boss is :p
amazing to find someone having the exact same bg mentality:D:D:D

Outside of classes that just *have* to stack mastery, I think people overvalue the ilvl 28s a bit.

Aren't those the non-meta fun classes tho? Like, Shaman seems to require a LOT of mastery ( going off JadeFire's thread here ), so getting the TBC equips only feel clunky. I guess for Warrs, Hunters, Priests, Locks they're enough?

Aren't those the non-meta fun classes tho? Like, Shaman seems to require a LOT of mastery ( going off JadeFire's thread here ), so getting the TBC equips only feel clunky. I guess for Warrs, Hunters, Priests, Locks they're enough?
I mean, between the availability of mastery/haste/vers on Legion rings and necks, BFA dungeon gear, various trinkets, artifact weapon, etc unless you play a spec that requires just gobs of mastery (like the aforementioned shaman) you can get enough to make things work pretty well.

The real value of ilvl 28s is that they allow you more flexibility in your gearing. If you're using strictly dungeon drops, you're gonna be a little more locked in to having only one or two viable options per slot. You know, you dont get mastery on your shoulders otherwise, so maybe you're forced to use mastery rings or youre going for a high vers build so maybe you're forced to use a single socket boot out of Wrath instead of the dual socket boots from TBC. Where if you had plentiful access to ilvl 28s and their slightly higher secondaries on some pieces, you might get the secondary stats you want without having to make those gearing calls.

And terts arent active in wargames, so if you're going that route you wont have to worry about folks in full speed/leech sets anyway.

My main point being... you're more likely to be playing a spec that can build a really solid gear set without touching ilvl28s than you will be playing a spec that relies on them to be viable. It may not be perfect, but good enough for what any of us are doing? most definitely.

infected wounds is our slow but we don’t get that until high 30s....

would love just the slow tbh let alone a healing reduction fkn drool.

Feral is one of the worst effected specs at 20 with an extremely low abilities pool.

No charge, no interrupt, no stun, we don’t even get rip......... RIP

Feral stayed exactly the same as it did in BFA except we got like "sooth corruption" (pepega) and our damage stayed the same, meanwhile everyone's health got double / tripled.

The gearing ain't just: 'Get Fang/slither set, engineering and alchemy' anymore.
Wich is great. Playing Boomy since pre-patch, I still find new drops that makes me interested in testing different builds.
The amount of content we have is insane.
PvP is great. Hunter-premades are somewhat of a problem, but the game-pace in general is better than ever imo. (not like hunters haven't been disgusting in the past**legion** )
Definetly worth coming back to.

pug5 4rent th4t b4d in thi5 br4cket tbh you ju5t h4ve to know the b4d g4me5 before the g4te5 open to 4fk out to 4void the incoming 5hitfe5t.

Weak-ass moves like this lose some games which could have been won. Better to lose, then form your own premade, or log to the other faction. Or even try to dodge. Anything is better than forfeiting and betraying those who decided to take the fight.

tried ONE time tonight to q a bg. this is what i got.
Wo-WScrn-Shot-042321-023016.jpg

to be fair they were mostly lvlers, but still. homie don't play that.
and ask anyone, i stay around to take my beatings and don't quit bgs readily.

Last edited:
Weak-ass moves like this lose some games which could have been won. Better to lose, then form your own premade, or log to the other faction. Or even try to dodge. Anything is better than forfeiting and betraying those who decided to take the fight.

The g4me5 i le4ve c4nt be won. No it i5 not better to lo5e imo. I don't w4nt to form 4 pr3m4de i like to 5olo q 4lot more intere5ting. I will never pl4y 4lli4nce nty. Dodge, or more like dodging 4 w45te of time lol. If people choo5e to 5it in 4 g4me where they 4re getting cont4ined for 10 minute5 by br4mble 5urv/he4ler comp5 th4t i5 completely their choice do not hold me 4ccount4ble for their 5tupidity.

nah, fuck those levelers, i got better things to do with my time.

The g4me5 i le4ve c4nt be won. No it i5 not better to lo5e imo. I don't w4nt to form 4 pr3m4de i like to 5olo q 4lot more intere5ting.

BS about "cannot be won" and nobody cares regarding the rest. Keep leaving if that's your thing. Just be aware that this is you being a chicken and a jerk and people will see it as exactly that.

Same to the second poster. At the very minimum, by leaving, you are screwing not just levelers but other twinks who decide to stay. If you say "fuck them", well, everyone has every right to say "fuck you then" right back.

I mean, it's all fine, there are always moronic things like twinks who decide to afk because they want to pretend that they are "above" the coming and likely unsuccessful fight. As if since they didn't even fight and gave up fast, it's suddenly not a loss. That's a thing of life, no big deal. But don't expect any respect. Respect is earned.

Last edited:
rolling solo and i can see a full premade on the other side with the usual suspects, and i've got a half filled group of levelers missing gear, have at it bud, waste of my time.

I said what you can do up above: accept the loss and then form your own premade, or log for the enemy faction, or try to dodge (or go farm PVE or whatever). You are choosing to be a chicken instead and to screw up other twinks who are either in the same bg as you already or will come to fill your place. That's your choice. Own it.

Users who are viewing this thread