How's the bracket, being months in?

You will do just fine without those 28 Greens. Sure u may be a little below them gear wise, but u can still put in a good show.
Hunters r strong, but u get a geared Warrior + Healer and they’ll turn you into chunks of meat......
Or some geared Lock throwing some huge bombs..... you’ll know about that also......
Your call though. Even losses can be fun...... hear me out..... when ur backs up against the wall and u got a group of levellers and u have no chance to win...... look for the toughest dude or healer who hasn’t died yet and make it ur mission to drop the suckers.....
It’s a bit like a dog pi$$ing on a tree to mark its territory....... u gotta let them tough dudes know who the real boss is :p

i think this screen shot accurately gets at the state of the bracket, though perhaps in a way Glance didn’t intend

the state of the bracket being: even the most OP class isn't that oppressive?

you know what, i take it back, that is a horrible game to show the quality of this bracket's games, i looked at the final score and we only won because we had our own hunter.

Ldt5F15.jpg

anyways, like everything else in life, some people will love it, and some people will hate it. i really love this bracket so far.

you're one of the soft shelled turtle made it to the water type of players and those make up the majority of the bracket for years now so i'm sure you will fit right in

heard you got carried for hero o_O
Probably from the bots that I farmed. Nobody carried anyone :LUL:
[doublepost=1619069078,1619069037][/doublepost]
you're one of the soft shelled turtle made it to the water type of players and those make up the majority of the bracket for years now so i'm sure you will fit right in
big oof

Even games are rare. Premades are frequent (well, that might not be specific enough, so I'll clarify: on EU I see premades for the enemy side every single day in multiple bgs, not in every game, but like every other game, I assume the same is going for my side). When you go with your own premade, it seems like overkill 90% of the time as you roll over levelers / solo twinks / premades weaker than yours, and by far not enough the other 10% of the time as you are rolled over by a premade stronger than yours. If you are queuing solo, seriously look at the class and spec you are going to do this with. If you are queueing as a premade, everything works.

Been playing for two months now, so my opinion might be slightly less relevant, but as I stated in some other thread, you might (or might not) get stomped by an all hunter and healer premade, but as long as you perform good, and enjoy playing your class, is it even a loss? I found myself recently looking what hunter gear should I get “in case of rolling one” and stopped halfway through and told myself “yo, wtf am I doing here?” Better to die a hero than see myself become the villain i guess xD.
What I wanna say is, if you miss the “chaos” of 20-29’ bgs and arenas i don t see a reason not to play it. Do your job as good as you can and at the end of the day, yeah, you might have lost 10 games and won one, but there s nothing to realy feel bad for. (Yeah the question was about the state of the bracket, but the intent was to join or not based on our response, I guess)

but as long as you perform good, and enjoy playing your class, is it even a loss?

There is generally no way to perform good while being heavily outmatched. I mean, yeah, I get the entire idea of practicing moves and trying to do your best and that's exactly what I am trying to do when the strength is on the other side, but, realistically, you won't get much mileage from it.

I'll offer a different thought: premades happen for both sides, the games are uneven for both sides. So, sure, there will be games when you get stomped, with little you can do, but there will also be games when you are stomping, with little the other side can do. The main thing here is the unevenness. If you can accept it and live with it (uneven games are boring, you'll likely feel that after a mere hundred of uneven wins), fine, you can make it work even if you want to queue solo (the simplest: roll a strong spec and roll it on both factions). If you cannot, however, there's nothing anyone can do. The state of the bracket is currently this, the majority of the games are very uneven, and I am not sure this will change in the foreseeable future.

Premades are the number 1 problem... end of story.

Hunters have always been stupid as fuck in the bracket... that is not new, the bramble staff is allowing many terrible players to be more than annoying (and 100% no would they be even as close to good with i34s).

The type of person that plays both has no intention of not doing them... its addicting and that is why they do it (and to a smaller degree any twink really)... its not about friends or holding hands or any other bullshit, it's about winning.

Haven't touched twinking since the beginning of the expansion. Ever since I focused on pushing and getting hero, I kinda abandoned it. Is it worth logging back on and finish gearing them? Or are the games stales and one class is just overdoing the bracket.
In comparison to end game its much more fun pretty much every spec is viable in some way and the only real overpowered class is hunter but the majority of hunters are just fotm and have no idea what they're doing so they're not an actual issue

Premades are the number 1 problem... end of story.

Hunters have always been stupid as fuck in the bracket... that is not new, the bramble staff is allowing many terrible players to be more than annoying (and 100% no would they be even as close to good with i34s).

The type of person that plays both has no intention of not doing them... its addicting and that is why they do it (and to a smaller degree any twink really)... its not about friends or holding hands or any other bullshit, it's about winning.

I dont want bramble to be nerfed for the sole reason that is because I play Feral / Bear. I gotta trade the pain of hunters for me being able to stay competitive

the state of the bracket being: even the most OP class isn't that oppressive?
no, more that the state of the bracket is "your average game is going to have gobs of people who heard hunter was OP in low levels, so they decided to roll one. Fortunately, most of them are the type of player who'll blow all their CDs the moment a warrior hamstrings them, making them easy pickings. But one or two will be twinks, though theyre usually more concerned with farming kills than playing objectives. If you're lucky, your team might have a healer. Enjoy!"

If you find that fun or exciting, cool. I suppose if I was brand new to the bracket I might still be super excited and not be exhausted of it either. But I played in Legion too. So... here we go again!

But i think everyones getting caught up on how bad pugs are so I want to highlight, again, just how really good organized games are. Theyre outstanding. There's never been a better time to really push for a competitive scene in 20s. Every class is viable, and there doesnt even really appear to be a "standard" team comp which is also exciting.

It very truly is "the best of times and the worst of times"

You are getting buffed in 9.1, btw (half of mortal strike from Infected Wounds).
infected wounds is our slow but we don’t get that until high 30s....

would love just the slow tbh let alone a healing reduction fkn drool.

Feral is one of the worst effected specs at 20 with an extremely low abilities pool.

No charge, no interrupt, no stun, we don’t even get rip......... RIP

no, more that the state of the bracket is "your average game is going to have gobs of people who heard hunter was OP in low levels, so they decided to roll one. Fortunately, most of them are the type of player who'll blow all their CDs the moment a warrior hamstrings them, making them easy pickings. But one or two will be twinks, though theyre usually more concerned with farming kills than playing objectives. If you're lucky, your team might have a healer. Enjoy!"

having an OP class makes a bracket bad? I don't get that logic.

i actually enjoy the meta when there is an OP class, i did well as a priest in the 19s back in the day, guess what class was ruling the bracket?

pjnxPz6.jpg

If you find that fun or exciting, cool. I suppose if I was brand new to the bracket I might still be super excited and not be exhausted of it either. But I played in Legion too. So... here we go again!

But i think everyones getting caught up on how bad pugs are so I want to highlight, again, just how really good organized games are. Theyre outstanding. There's never been a better time to really push for a competitive scene in 20s. Every class is viable, and there doesnt even really appear to be a "standard" team comp which is also exciting.

It very truly is "the best of times and the worst of times"
Have you personally farmed these greens? How much of a bitch is it to farm? Similar to the beginning? Where people spent weeks, replicating the farm to a gloomshroud? Or is it relatively normal to the farm of a SF or Fangs from WC. Only thing holding me back are those greens. Don't want to waste weeks farming greens to find out the bracket hasn't changed to what I liked it as before.

Users who are viewing this thread