F2P Addon

Re: Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P

You can't make a 5 premade if the person doing the inviting is under level 10.

1.2.15 is awaiting approval from curse.com, which should fix the lack of info for some chars (although that could be because the update had to wipe your database because it was from a version that's too old).

Do we know if F2Paddon works with the new connected realms, I mean, if 2 players are from different realms but these realms are connected, are they on the same f2ptwink channel ? *clipped*

I have that same question. While grinding for the AGM I met an F2P level 20 and a P2P level 19. Awesome guys, the level 19 is close to a 2K healthbar! Anyway, I told them about the F2P chat addon and the F2P'er installed it right then and there. It seemed to be working on his side but I wouldn't get the message in chat. He mentioned it could be because of the servers. I didn't clearly understand what he meant until I read this post.

So just another vote for cross-server compatibility, whether it can be done or not.

In any case, thank you for continuing to offer this add-on. It really inspires my sense of community in the F2P'er realm. :)

New bug appeared. When someone joins the f2p channel, 90% of the time everyone has to do a /reload to see them. People can't /afk on a p2p anymore to let people invite. Dunno if this is the place to post this, but thought i would give it a shot.

Is there a solution for using the add-on with macosx? Curse is no longer supporting their mac bridge client.

Hi Yasueh if you have the time to take a look at this: After today's maintenance, two things seem to have changed with chat. One, servers are now displayed with players' names (tested this on Vashj and on Aerie Peak) and two, class colors are no longer being displayed. I can see my own class color, but not anyone else's. I took a screenshot and ran the debugger, please let me know if that information could help.

Edit: I turned on show lua errors, it displayed none. I looked in the WoW folder for a log of the debugger, if one's there I'm not sure where to find it. I could run it again and take screenshots if that would help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Yasueh if you have the time to take a look at this: After today's maintenance, two things seem to have changed with chat. One, servers are now displayed with players' names (tested this on Vashj and on Aerie Peak) and two, class colors are no longer being displayed. I can see my own class color, but not anyone else's. I took a screenshot and ran the debugger, please let me know if that information could help.

Edit: I turned on show lua errors, it displayed none. I looked in the WoW folder for a log of the debugger, if one's there I'm not sure where to find it. I could run it again and take screenshots if that would help.

Same Issue on MG and BWL

This is to report a bug, regarding F2Ps grouping on P2Ps (which I confirmed on my F2P when attempting to group on my own P2P):
The following whisper commands (that a F2P can whisper to a P2P with the F2PAddon)
Code:
lead
and
Code:
close
are not working. Fortunately though, the whisper command
Code:
invite
still works.

Update: I have spoken with yasueh and was told that he has some college projects to complete by Friday but will be working on the fix once his school deadlines are over. so until then P2P's will need to promote and close the groups manually.

Just downloaded from Curse using the client. Thanks for the update. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Everyone log on to the website and like this now!

If somebody gets mod, then puts a password on the original f2paddon channel. How can one "unlock" that channel without having the password?
Lol what server?

Have you ever considered writing an addon that lets F2Ps form arena-teams with ratings calculated and saved by the addon?

This wouldn't be an easy task but definitely something that this community would greatly enjoy. I had a look into the F2P-addon and it's so well done that I have no doubt that you, if anyone, would be able to make an addon like this happen. Starting new projects is always a daunting task but even a not too complexly written addon of this sort would be fantastic to have and immensely appreciated.

Have you ever considered writing an addon that lets F2Ps form arena-teams with ratings calculated and saved by the addon?

This wouldn't be an easy task but definitely something that this community would greatly enjoy. I had a look into the F2P-addon and it's so well done that I have no doubt that you, if anyone, would be able to make an addon like this happen. Starting new projects is always a daunting task but even a not too complexly written addon of this sort would be fantastic to have and immensely appreciated.
I remember an AddOn from 19's when skirmish was still available, perhaps someone could update it for WoD if skirmishes will come back: Epeen - Twink Skirmish Arena Ratings - WoW AddOns - CurseForge

I remember an AddOn from 19's when skirmish was still available, perhaps someone could update it for WoD if skirmishes will come back: Epeen - Twink Skirmish Arena Ratings - WoW AddOns - CurseForge

He has removed all downloads, the one on the site doesn't contain any code, so it wouldn't be possible to update it unless he decides to give it out. He's still actively developing addons (MogIt) though so it might be that he continues the project in WoD. He seems to still be active on TwinkInfo as well so I'll send him a message asking him about it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

He has removed all downloads, the one on the site doesn't contain any code, so it wouldn't be possible to update it unless he decides to give it out.

The code had to be obfuscated (made unreadable in a way that still allows it to function) for the addon to have a chance at being "secure". This is now prohibited by Blizzard's addon policy though, so there'd be no way to stop people changing their ratings if/when I update it :(

Users who are viewing this thread