F2P Addon

Re: Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P

Maybe it's time the F2P twinking community was organised by the veterans and their guilds, and I help that along by removing F2PAddon from Curse, and no longer fixing it whenever game updates break it.

That would also give people more of an incentive to use voice servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe it's time the F2P twinking community was organised by the veterans and their guilds, and I help that along by removing F2PAddon from Curse, and no longer fixing it whenever game updates break it.

my 2c.

i for one think this would result in vet guilds being isolated islands of g/chat and f2p's floating in the wind, no longer having the ability to communicate en masse, create groups etc. I don't think it would kill f2p, but it would go a long way to making it less.

for the most part i think your addon works brilliantly as it's very rare to have someone who's been around long enough to have (almost) guaranteed privilages abuse the mechanics. i've rarely seen bans except for really offensive or spammy behavior.

Deej would have a better idea re: AP alli, this only applies to AP horde.

I'm vet btw (actually subbed for a week or so atm) and it wouldn't effect me at all if i was banned, f2p's would just lose one more person to group on.

No, just... Pls no :<

We have finally gotten permissions back and have banned felix and his alts. I've taken measures to make sure he's kept away from f2ptwink chat so that this may never happen again. Hopefully he will give up trying to get permissions and move to a new server or bg randoms alone. The community shouldn't tolerate people separating f2ps and vets, they get along in our server, as it should be.

As for Yaseuh and his post about leaving the f2ptwinkchat and to never update it is a understandable response. The one thing I fear from it is when new f2p characters who want to transition and play f2p at first won't have the opportunity to interact with the community and thus deter them from being in AP in the first place.

Oh no, Felox! :(

He was always a bit heavy handed as lord of Aerie Peak chat, co-lord to Earl, but he's someone you can talk to after the rage! People should all get along without any banning! :)

Miss the grumpy boys.

Yasueh, please don't scrap your amazing Addon! I'm not even playing, but it would be such a great loss! I'm sure there will always people who do not want to go vet in this bracket and who want to find each other! :)

No :(

There still are lots of f2ps, vets etc. using your addon and relying on it. Do you have any personal issues with updating it? Tbh I dont find the vet explanation satisfying. Your choice, but meh :(

wtb addon only work on pure f2p accounts. also this wasnt made for vets. move thread to f2p section.

also this wasnt made for vets. move thread to f2p section.

I think Yasueh would be the judge of who his addon is intended for. We should all realize that the very shape of our communities absolutely lives and dies by Yasueh's addon and his incentive to keep it up to date, so let's be nice to him.

Also please try to keep in mind that Veteran accounts are Starter Edition in the Battle.Net interface, and they have the exact same mail, chat, gold, and level restrictions as F2Ps. I know how much you like to preach that they are different account types, but they're not.

wtb addon only work on pure f2p accounts.

You aren't paying me, and I wouldn't make an addon for pure F2P accounts even if you did. If you want that addon, then you write it. As far as I'm concerned pure F2P accounts are just something you play between being a new player and a veteran.

also this wasnt made for vets

Vets didn't exist when it was made, and the addon hasn't been worked on since they did, except to keep it functioning. I've already changed the project status on curse.com to inactive, and when I get a working version of SEAddon released, F2PAddon will be changed to abandoned.

move thread to f2p section.

And if that happens I will delete every post I made in the thread, and remove the addon from curse.com completely.

And if that happens I will delete every post I made in the thread, and remove the addon from curse.com completely.

Also cmon nao. everyone know a bluff when they see one. in the end, you wont remove it anyways.

Also cmon nao. everyone know a bluff when they see one. in the end, you wont remove it anyways.

Arent you the sour grape...
Before you choose to attack the one who created the addon which very much shaped F2p twinking to its highest peak in its time, you should have some sort of contribution that clashes that of Yasueh's...

Also please try to keep in mind that Veteran accounts are Starter Edition in the Battle.Net interface, and they have the exact same mail, chat, gold, and level restrictions as F2Ps. I know how much you like to preach that they are different account types, but they're not.

Kincaide hit the nail on the head here. I just really don't understand the segregationist additude that many, not all, "pure" Starter accounts have. Has there been a real issue with a Veterans in the chat? If a Veteran, or a subbed account for that matter, was in chat how, would someone even know unless they advertised it?
[MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION] What is this "SEAddon" and what does it do?

Sweetsidney

[MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION],
I don't see any other player who, throughout all the bracket's changes, has done more than you. The trolls will troll, but we're out here: people who appreciate your work, even if we don't play. If you want to move on from the addon / bracket, will you please give the code to someone else for the sake of those who still rely on it? Please help, don't spite! That way your work isn't so much in vain?

***FYI: I'm a year out of date so I don't actually know what's going on***

[MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION]
I don't see any single other player throughout all of the bracket's time that has done more than you. The trolls will troll but we're out here: people who appreciate your work, even if we don't play. If you want to move on from the addon / bracket, will you please give the code to someone else for the sake of those who still rely on it? Please help, don't spite! That way your work isn't so much in vain?

The addon is fine as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread