F2P Addon

Re: Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P

New addon EquipmentScale is starting to come together. It can grab stats from gear you can equip, and I've started work on one way for it to list those stats in game:

Image075.png

That's the gear off my 83 GDruid, but once I've got some more done I'll set it to scan only for 20s in BGs/Arenas.

More includes:

• Additional tooltips shown alongside the normal ones, with the scaled values.
  • Ways to filter and sort the items shown in the above window (eg. '/eso cloth chest agility')
  • Alternate formatting for the text in the window, so you could copy/paste ready formatted BBCode to use in a forum post.
  • Sharing data between players, to help get as many items into your database as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

New addon EquipmentScale is starting to come together. It can grab stats from gear you can equip, and I've started work on one way for it to list those stats in game:

Image075.png

That's the gear off my 83 GDruid, but once I've got some more done I'll set it to scan only for 20s in BGs/Arenas.

More includes:

• Additional tooltips shown alongside the normal ones, with the scaled values.
  • Ways to filter and sort the items shown in the above window (eg. '/eso cloth chest agility')
  • Alternate formatting for the text in the window, so you could copy/paste ready formatted BBCode to use in a forum post.
  • Sharing data between players, to help get as many items into your database as possible.

Would this have the potential to be used by an Arena ELO addon as a means of insuring every player uses only F2P Gear and Enchants?

So long as you can trust everyone not to tamper with the data the addon is sending, it should be a pretty simple modification. At the moment though the addon isn't scanning other players.

Yasueh, I just wanted to thank you for creating this add-on. I started using it a couple days ago and the increased social aspect of the game is wonderful. I love being able to chat and form groups with other f2p twinks. I really appreciate all your hard work! =)

Just curious, but do you happen to know anyone who's working on an addon of that sort?

I do not :/

It seems like this is a secondary project to anyone, at best.

I do not :/

It seems like this is a secondary project to anyone, at best.

Okay. I was curious since I used to work on just this and looking through each player's equipment at the start of a game was something I intended it to do. I got pretty far on it but stopped when I got a few of the accounts that I used for testing banned and didn't want to level up any more characters since I didn't play anymore nor did I feel like spending the time necessary to continuously update the addon. It's nice to see that you took the more practical approach to this though, organizing the 2v2 tournaments. :)

Okay. I was curious since I used to work on just this and looking through each player's equipment at the start of a game was something I intended it to do. I got pretty far on it but stopped when I got a few of the accounts that I used for testing banned and didn't want to level up any more characters since I didn't play anymore nor did I feel like spending the time necessary to continuously update the addon. It's nice to see that you took the more practical approach to this though, organizing the 2v2 tournaments. :)

I'm actually probably going to end up calculating Elos for every team for all of the games for tie-break purposes.

So it is fairly similar. There are several excellent Elo calculation programs that you can use.

I think the difficulty in setting up the addon is that players can hijack the data in the files and use it to their advantage. At least, I think that was the worry, if I recall.

I can't use the F2P chat channel anymore, keeps telling me that I need to upgrade my account, but I can see other people chat.

I can't use the F2P chat channel anymore, keeps telling me that I need to upgrade my account, but I can see other people chat.

Interface>addons>F2PAddon>Check the unchecked checkboxes.

Just "Account waiting to be upgraded fix". No need to check ALL the options (unless you want them checked, that is :p).

Oh, some guy told me what i said and it worked... so ye.

Ty tho =) !

s4LnlT2.png

Everytime I log into a toon I get this addon message and then my chat is spammed trying to add people to my friends list who aren't playing. If I turn off the F2P addon thought it goes away.

Anyone know what may be causing this or what I can do to fix it?

I re installed it, it's up to date according to curse.
That's probably because they are in arenas.....it happens to me, usually ignore it........You can always make a new chat window...

Hi [MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION],

Could you possibly add random-BG, EotS, and AV queues to the F2PQ window?
The F2PQ window is not very useful without them anymore since most people don't queue WSG and AB separately.

Also, I saw that you've got the SEAddon registered on Curseforge and I'm curious about whether or not you're still planning on finishing it, and if so; when can we expect it to be available for use?

Thanks!

I was actually intending to remove F2PQ completely, my justification being that I made it because at the time Bliz only let us play in BGs with 29s, but there's another choice now that wargames work for us, so we don't have to rely on big premades in regular BGs in an attempt to get fairer games against 29s, because we can just avoid playing with them completely. Also Bliz are against anything that helps make premade groups over 5 players, so seeing as they've done a lot of good stuff for level 20s, I feel I should comply with what they want.

Both SEAddon and the sewowhelp.info site were started before Bliz announced the Veteran Edition thing. Now with most level 20 twinks willing to buy the basic WoW and upgrade to veteran, they'll have access to guilds, so the number of people relying on the addon should be less. I don't know what I want to do with sewowhelp.info. It was intended to be a starter edition site, but with veteran edition too it would require a lot more content, and organisation. The framework is there (wiki, forums, mumble), but it's going to need several people to write guides and contribute content before it can be considered ready for public use. I just don't know if I want to be solely responsible for it all, when I'm not even playing WoW any more. The same goes for addons. I'll keep them working, but I don't feel like spending time adding to them.

If a bunch of people were willing to contribute towards things like class guides, aimed at completely new players as well as twinks, then I could see myself working on the site, as well as the addon, but without support from other players I don't really want to put the time in.

While it's nice to be appreciated for everything I've done, I'd much rather have other people join in with the work.

Last edited by a moderator:

[MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION]

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I think there would be plenty of people ready to contribute to your site if you were to release it.
You could get a bunch of guides onto it right off the start simply by getting the permission of whoever has written them on TI and then copying them over onto sewowhelp.info. There should also be people interested in populating the wiki with other, newly written articles, me included.

Why have you never asked about this before?

I was curious to know if I could speak to you about permissions and banning, there has been a large ban wave and segregation due to Felix. A angry and uncooperative player who has been trying to create a unnecessary rift between vet player and f2p players in AP. He keeps getting permissions and he keeps making things difficult for the community of AP. He keeps banning all vet players claiming that were sellouts and that f2p should always be kept "pure". Every time he gets permissions again he bans everyone who is a vet player, trying to cease communication between the community. It's these type of players that are why we need different set of permissions for the f2p add on. There needs to be someone who can set priority to these permissions of who can receive them. Even though a reset will occur after everyone leaves the channel, felix will always return and have a tantrum. Please get back to me and respond, if there is anything you can do about this. Aerie Peak is the highest populated f2p server and shouldn't have it's channel ruled by a child who is angry about how "the game is not how he wants it". Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread