F2P Addon

Re: Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P

Greets,
I've tried everything I can (as outlined by Fujin0 above)... everything is checked and the windows open, but no friends... and that's just sad. BG folks say there is an average of 20 or so on the channel. LUA errors state:

F2PChat_IsBlocked - No level found for [character]
F2PChat_IsBlocked - [character] of an unknown level

Could this be related to the fact that I am halfway around the world from my server?! I'm out of ideas. Thanks!

Try /run ListChannelByName("f2ptwink") to see who's in the channel.

Try /run ListChannelByName("f2ptwink") to see who's in the channel.

All by my lonesome... which makes me wonder - I joined the channel before I installed the addon, and it seems like it started on /5 but was soon bumped to /1. I had heard someone else mention /5, so maybe that's where they are all at? Guess I'll try to leave and rejoin the channel...and that was a no go... I've discovered that the addon automatically joins me to the f2ptwink channel.

Not getting error messages any more, just no one around. Is the addon server-wide, or does it only add channel buddies within the current zone? One "friend" was added on my Ally-side char (permanently), but it still doesn't make sense because I've been in lots of zones and BGs and no one else has been added. Any more ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

I downloaded the addon successfully, transferred the folder to interface/addon, enabled the addon on before logging in, I can even see the [5. f2ptwink] channel, and I can even "join" the channel by hitting /5 (space). BUT, I cannot see any chat in the chat room, or type into it myself. I am running on (Macbook) OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).

Any suggestions?

If you cannot see any messages you probably need to enable the global f2ptwink channel in the chat frame options.

Here's a picture of what I get. This is with the addon turned on and me attempting to talk into the channel. View attachment 2475

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 3.30.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-07-22 at 3.30.41 PM.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 263

Either the addon isn't running, or it isn't set to use that channel. Check the addon options under Escape Key > Interface > AddOns tab > F2PAddon > Channel Name

Finally got bored enough of MoP to start fiddling with the addon again. I havent touched it for so long, besides minor things to keep it running between patches, that I've forgotten a lot of what I did, and I'm not familiar with my own code any more.

Multi channel is going to be a while off because of the sheer amount of stuff I'm going to need to relearn, but for the moment I can fiddle around making minor changes to things all over the place to get the hang of it again.

So far I've done this:

View attachment 2579

The message a P2P sends when they make a group now colors the names of the group members, and makes the names into links, so they can have tooltips.

I've also made all the tooltips a bit nicer to look at with some icons, and by sorting the alts by level.

I'll get a few more things added, and then I'll make a release (although I'd love to see the current version hit 4000 downloads first ;) )

[edit] one more addition:

View attachment 2580

[edit] and couple more:

Added being inside an instance to the list of things that prevent a P2P from responding to an 'inv' request. I've been in dungeons a lot this last week, and got kicked out of them a few times because I forgot to disable the invite module. When you pass lead then leave group, it stops being your dungeon, and you get ported out to the GY. (This can actually be handy if it's a big dungeon, you'd have to walk all the way to the entrance, the GY is right at the entrance, and you want to reset it for another run).

When responding to 'p2p?' queries, the invite module was only checking that the player is A) on a p2p account, B) has the module enabled. It wasn't checking if they were in a queue, dungeon, raid, scenario, BG, arena, or PvP zone. That check was only happening when an 'inv' request was recieved. Now a P2P won't respond to 'p2p?' unless they are really available to make a group.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_080413_112022.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_080413_112022.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 172
  • WoWScrnShot_080413_122712.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_080413_122712.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 302

That sounds really cool ! Thanks for all the job Yasueh. However I don't get the point of showing the ilvl. Can you explain ?

Also, does the addon still show deleted alts? If so, do you think you can fix it ? I remember seeing people with 20+ alts, but it was some time ago.

Last question, I'd like to see the addon in my first language but I don't know how addons translations work. What have I to do ?

That sounds really cool ! Thanks for all the job Yasueh. However I don't get the point of showing the ilvl. Can you explain ?

The iLevel is just a very basic way to see how geared up someone is once they reach 20, so if someone has a lot of 20s, you can see if they have geared ones or not. It would help out making arena groups if you look at someone's list of alts and can suggest an alternative for a better comp, or if I make an areana queuing module, it could check iLevels before trying to build teams.

Also, does the addon still show deleted alts? If so, do you think you can fix it ? I remember seeing people with 20+ alts, but it was some time ago

It's still a problem, because when someone deletes a character on their account, no information is available to the addon while on any of their other characters, to say that this has happened. I'll have to try managing the list of characters that is sent out, probably by adding the last time they were logged in (although this information wouldn't be sent to other players, they'd still have to rely on logging the time they'd seen someone online). That way the addon can make a better guess as to which of the characters on the account are active, and which should be removed.

The tooltip will still only diplay the alts you've seen for yourself, so if you haven't been using the addon for long, the list can be very short. I might be able to fix it so that the list is both more accurate, and doesn't rely on seeing somene's alts for yourself, but that would require the addon to send more data when you first log in, and it's already having problems on start-up because the list of people in the channel can be lagging.

Last question, I'd like to see the addon in my first language but I don't know how addons translations work. What have I to do ?

When the addon starts up it loads a default set of text strings from the file 'f2ploc.enUS.lua' in the 'locales' folder. If your game client is instead set to display French, German or Spanish, the addon will then also load one of the other 3 files in that folder, overwriting the default text strings with any that are present in the extra file.

You can refer to the enUS file to get an idea of what should be added to any of the others, to provide translations of the defaults. That file already has some notes about providing translations, although you can ignore the line starting 'Bear in mind that many of the messages below are what your addon sends to other players', as any new version of the addon won't be sending the actual messages, just a keyword, so that the recipient's addon can display the message in the correct language.

Hello, I have a question regarding the f2paddon

I am P2P, and when the addon is active, nobody can whisper me if their comment contains the word 'guild'. This makes things very difficult when people are trying to join! Is there a way to filter this?

Try going to interface:

esc -> Interface -> AddOns -> F2PAddon -> check the line with the word "guild"

see screenshot: View attachment 2665

I don't know if this is going to work, but you can try it

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_082113_121347.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_082113_121347.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 196

Not sure if a macro like this is old news or new news, but I was pretty excited when I found it so I figured I'd share. It's a macro that shows the tooltip for and uses your pet's ability based on what pet is out, e.g.:

#showtooltip [pet:succubus] Lash of Pain; [pet:voidwalker] Disarm
/cast [pet:succubus] Lash of Pain; [pet:voidwalker] Disarm

So recently I had my weakauras reset to nothing, as though I had deleted them all by hand. Idk anything about addons, but from googling it seems like weakauras saves all your stuff in a folder named "savedvariables"

Both times this happened, I had just edited my f2paddon file (to manually change the text that it displays) while WoW was running, and used /reload to test my changes.

Is this what caused the loss of my weakauras settings?

It won't be anything to do with the savedvariables folder, because addons can't access it. WoW itself reads the files there and provides the data in them to the addon, then saves any changes made to the data while the game was running back out to the addon's specific file when you exit the game, or do /reloadui.

What it could be is a non local variable.

For example, say the author of weakauras had x = 1 somewhere that handled all the settings, and if that was changed to x = 0 your settings got wiped.

If I then had x = 0 in F2PAddon, that would be changing the same x as is being used by weakauras.

The fix for this is to write local x = something in either of the addons, that way that addon will be dealing with its own version of x, that can't be modified by any other addon.

It's usually a pretty rare occurence that both addon authors use the same name for a variable, and that they both forget to make it local, so it could just be WoW's normal flakeyness, and weakauras responding badly to the /reloadui.

I did find a couple of non-local variables on my end though, which are fixed in 1.2.14

^ good stuff ^

I have a good hunter macro for anyone searching for rare spawns to tame.

/clear target
/target *mob'snamehere*
/stopmacro [noexists]
/script PlaySound ("RaidWarning" )

Omit that space between the second quotes and the paren.

I used it to tame Loque'nahak and Ghostcrawler. Have fun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do we know if F2Paddon works with the new connected realms, I mean, if 2 players are from different realms but these realms are connected, are they on the same f2ptwink channel ?

Edit : I'm making tests atm on Hakkar and Emeriss and it works great !

We have some issues, with the new Addon version 1.2.14, it seems that Mouseover over Names in Chat wont display anything.
Another thing is, if you make a Premade Group it only announce 4 pps of the grp (5 Man), it seems it misses the last Person who joined.

Thanks for the great work, maybe i can get an update if other people have the same issues?

Have a nice Weekend

EDIT:
People with more than one alt on that specific server seem to have problems with the addon.

[MENTION=7838]Yasueh[/MENTION] [MENTION=16240]Goesid[/MENTION] [MENTION=14401]Dax[/MENTION]

I don't have any problem with the alts showing function, I can see others alts (even from other faction) with icons and colors and I have more than one alt on the realm. I can't say about the missing name when making a 5 premade. I'll try to make more people to download the new version to see if something goes wrong.

Btw thanks you Yasueh for adding french localization !

Edit: After some tests on others realms it seems it doesn't work everywhere nor with everyone. Very strange.

Users who are viewing this thread