F2P Addon

Re: Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P

How can we counter someone who kicks everyone from the channel f2ptwink and uses a bot to stay online all day long ? I can't wisp every player to say them to join a new chan, because I'm not in they friendlist and even if I was in, it's just too annoying.

How can we counter someone who kicks everyone from the channel f2ptwink and uses a bot to stay online all day long ?
See if that bot stays on all week, or multiple-days, long? I would hope blizzard has some sort of mechanics to counter accounts that have been logged in and active for more than 24 consecutive hours, or some other very atypical amount of consecutive hours logged, or other such ways to check if an account is using bots, besides responding to valid customer reports, depending on how they define "valid".

Aside from those, I don't believe there's any player means to supersede chat mods, besides wait for that troll-mod to log off. Even if a GM was aware of this, he/she may just ask, as they may ask with p2p players as well: "Why don't you guys just use another, unclaimed, chat channel?", which you're well-aware is possible with the F2PAddon.
I can't wisp every player to say them to join a new chan, because I'm not in they friendlist and even if I was in, it's just too annoying.
That's primarily why those mod-trolls are annoying, imho.
Not much one can do (besides let friends share news with their friends, ie let news spread by word-of-mouth), other than join a new channel, and invite any other trials you find who also are having problems with the addon to that new channel, until that troll-mod logs off.

I'm running 1.1.12. Tried to update to .13 last patch and it broke. 1.1.12 still worked today.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Can you create a macro that will cast Rejuvenation on your target, or, if you are for some reason not unable cause of out of sight or something, cast it on yourself?

Can you create a macro that will cast Rejuvenation on your target, or, if you are for some reason not unable cause of out of sight or something, cast it on yourself?

There is no way for a macro to judge range.

I tried out the addon but it doesn't seem to be loading for me. The addons pannel before log-in says it's out of date but I made sure it was checked and still nothing. Any tips of things to try to get it working?

But the focus in the macro wouldn't be on range, but if I simply was able to cast rejuv on my target. If I wasn't then cast on myself.

There is also no condition that says 'is/is not castable'.

You can try

#showtooltip Rejuvenation
/cast [nomod] Rejuvenation; [@focus] Rejuvenation

This casts Rejuvenation (depending on your target either on yourself or your friendly target) if you have no modifier pressed and casts Rejuvenation at your focus if you have any modifier pressed (ctrl, alt or shift). If you want it to cast Rejuvenation on yourself if you have a modifier pressed, you have to change '@focus' to '@player'.

I tried out the addon but it doesn't seem to be loading for me. The addons pannel before log-in says it's out of date but I made sure it was checked and still nothing. Any tips of things to try to get it working?

What exactly is the problem? You can't talk in the chat? You don't join it at all?

Possible fixes: Completely uninstall and then reinstall; Make sure you have it checked before logging in (you have to reenable it for every character you make, if the version is outdated at that point); Check if you can access functions of the addon, try typing /f2pq, check the Interface options for 'F2paddon', check the addon control panel (if installed) if you have it enabled (there is a possibility of an addon not being enabled even if you do enable it at the log-in screen)

Sorry for not being specific. I can't join the chat. Also, when I go to game menu>interface>addons tab, the F2P addon is not listed.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the addon from curse without any effect. I'll tweak around with what you talked about a bit and see if I can get it up and running. It won't matter for my current toons but I was going to start one on Aerie Peak and thought it was a nice idea.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Edit: Nevermind, now it is suddenly working. Not sure what I did but it was probably one of the things you suggested. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello, I require help, thanks.
On curse.com it says this only supports 5.2. But i still downloaded it, when I ran wow, I didn't automatically join the f2p channel like back in cata ( i had it back then), what is the problem? How do I fix this?

Hello, I require help, thanks.
On curse.com it says this only supports 5.2. But i still downloaded it, when I ran wow, I didn't automatically join the f2p channel like back in cata ( i had it back then), what is the problem? How do I fix this?
Load out of date addons

yea about that, how do you load them, do you mean go to acp, and ReloadUI, cause I tried that, and it didn't work,
On the character selection screen, click the button that says "Addons" in the lower left corner, it'll open a popup that shows all the addons you have installed. In the top right of that popup, there's a check box that says "Load out of date addons." You want to make sure that that box is checked, and then it should work.

On the character selection screen, click the button that says "Addons" in the lower left corner, it'll open a popup that shows all the addons you have installed. In the top right of that popup, there's a check box that says "Load out of date addons." You want to make sure that that box is checked, and then it should work.

tyvm

Users who are viewing this thread