F2P Addon

1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Seriously, you NEED a donate button, I will throw whatever meager change I have at you (once my paypal gets unlocked >_>).

Is it hard to do a change log?

Update.

I'm moving house, but it turns out the phone line won't be installed in my new place until after the 23rd, so I decided to pay rent on 2 flats for the next 2 weeks. That way I'm not going to be stressed about having to move all my stuff in just a couple of days, and I can hopefully get some work done on the addon.

Here's some of the planned features:

• When you log into the game on a character, it will broadcast to your friends list a whole load of information about that character: level, class, race, gender, main talent spec, account type, xp lock, and an average of your gear iLevel, as well as who your alts are (if you don't want them included, just don't run the addon on them).
  • When someone receives this information, their copy of the addon will store it in a database.
  • When somone logs off, everyone else's addon will record that as their last-seen-online time.
  • Friends will stay in the friends list until it's got 100 people in it, then the ones who haven't been online for the greatest time will be removed, to make space for people who log in (people with comments will still be permanently on the list).
  • The addon will switch to another channel if someone either puts a password on the current one, or bans people without being on an f2p 20 character (and they'll be limited to something like 2 bans per 24h). Because people will now have plenty of friends in their friends list, the addon can ask someone for the currently used channel if you log in while it's not the default /f2ptwink.
  • There will be a blacklist made for the addon, and anyone in it who joins the channel will automatically be banned by whoever has moderator status, making it a lot harder for unwanted people to stay in the channel long enough to get moderator.
  • Players will get a letter in front of their name in the chat to denote what kind of character they're playing (green assuming you've set it to guild chat colors):

• F - F2P @ 20
    • F - XP locked F2P
    • f - F2P still leveling
    • P - XP locked P2P @ 20
    • P - XP locked @ < 20
    • p - all other P2Ps
  • A tooltip will be added for when you hover over someone's name in the chat, to tell you more about their character, and who their alts are (to make it easier to form teams).

Fascinating the amount of stuff you can do! It's incredibly appreciated!

Can I make a few tiny suggestions?

1) Can you make the tooltip show up when you hover over their names in the friends list or the chat list rather than the chat box?

2) I'm not so sure about the character being appended to the name, to me personally that seems like a bit of info overload (like the hover tooltip) but it would be great info to have in the tooltip, so you can instantly find out if you want to know, but you don't have to be reminded each time you see someone speak.

I hope you don't mind the suggestions, your work is incredibly admired and respected!

When I get my head round interface programming the whole database will have it's own interface, so you won't need to use the friends list so much (and so you can sort the list by different methods). The friends list would be missing some people's characters anyway, and wouldn't include people's alts on the other faction (although it won't be able to show who's online on the other faction).

Tooltips and name prefixes will be in plugin addons to the main chat, so if you don't want them, you simply don't install or enable them. The tooltip will only show when you hover your mouse over someone's colored name in the chat box (I got the idea from an addon I've got that does it for items/quests linked in chat). I could also limit it to just the prefix character it that's shown, making the hover area even smaller.

Yasueh, any news on adding a visual interface with a separate chatbox that will allow F2P to chat with eachother - or is that impossible? I believe I wrote an essay about this to you in a PM (send as 2, cus it was 7400 letters long), but never got a reply back of any sort (disappointed...)

Best regards,

We already have a F2P chat, and if you want it in a seperate window, you only have to make a seperate window. If you want person to person chat, use whispers. I'm not wasting time re-inventing the wheel. What I am looking at doing is having the addon support more than one channel, so we can have separate channels for general chat and LFD/LFBG/LFA (although that might become part of the grouping addon).

lindenkron said:
Yasueh, any news on adding a visual interface with a separate chatbox that will allow F2P to chat with eachother - or is that impossible? I believe I wrote an essay about this to you in a PM (send as 2, cus it was 7400 letters long), but never got a reply back of any sort (disappointed...)

Best regards,

I don't really know what it is you are after but this might help:

f2pchat.png

I do not believe that is correct. The limitations in place for Trial Edition accounts are to prevent gold farmers and spammers to send messages to people who do not want them. The addon only sends messages to other people with the same addon, thus making it an opt-in form of communication. It is therefore no more a violation of any "rule" than Ventrilo is.

Numberz said:
This add-on is a violation of F2P accounts. Blizz is gonna ban the creator of this.

Cool_story_bro.jpeg

Well it's been out a month and a half, and I'm still playing. Maybe you should stop making stupid assumptions, and actually make the effort to read about things you think you're entitled to have an opinion on. Then you might actually know why there are limitiations on trial accounts, and save yourself from looking stupid.

In other news, I've just finished a major run of programming, and I'm getting closer to releasing a 1.2.0 version that is quite different from the current versions, in that everything is all combined in just one addon. A big step has been made, in that this version has the database part working, so you will have access to more information about the people who're in the channel.

This is the kind of thing it's gathered so far for me:

Code:
F2PAddon_Variables = {

["Alts"] = {

["Aerie Peak"] = {

["Yasueh"] = false,

["Dashiki"] = false,

["Maledíctíon"] = false,

["Dilfy"] = false,

["Sarthae"] = false,

},

},

["Realms"] = {

["Aerie Peak"] = {

["Horde"] = {

["Illý"] = {

["class"] = "Paladin",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Jambì"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Emoclown"] = {

["class"] = "Rogue",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Guraan"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Tauren",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 20,

["gender"] = "male",

["class"] = "Warrior",

["spec"] = "845",

},

["Penix"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Mage",

},

["Bizr"] = {

["class"] = "Warlock",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Mikián"] = {

["class"] = "Warrior",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Garubashi"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Arizak"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Troll",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 1,

["gender"] = "female",

["class"] = "Hunter",

["spec"] = "809",

},

["Uninstaller"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Druid",

},

["Sendenbar"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Jeratrollz"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Warlock",

},

["Hamcaké"] = {

["class"] = "Hunter",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Uschî"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Roenya"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Troll",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 11,

["gender"] = "female",

["class"] = "Rogue",

["spec"] = "183",

},

["Trandeya"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Warlock",

},

["Secco"] = {

["class"] = "Rogue",

["level"] = 10,

},

},

["Alliance"] = {

["Wezzley"] = {

["class"] = "Shaman",

["level"] = 4,

},

["Aricri"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Druid",

},

["Baldtankin"] = {

["level"] = 8,

["class"] = "Warrior",

},

["ßübblê"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Paladin",

},

["Mexy"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Hunter",

},

["Medanx"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Rogue",

},

},

},

},

}

(The Alts section has false after every name until you set one as a main (when I put together an interface for the options).

Names with just class and level after them are what's gathered from the friends list, from people running the current release of the addon, and the names with extra information are what the new addon will provide.

I still need to add last seen online times to it somehow, so I can switch to just removing people who haven't been on in ages from the friends list when it's full.)

Yasueh said:
Well it's been out a month and a half, and I'm still playing.

Also I've just finished a major run of programming, and I'm getting closer to releasing a 1.2.0 version that is quite different from the current versions, in that everything is all combined in just one addon. A big step has been made, in that this version has the database part working, so you will have access to more information about the people who're in the channel.

This is the kind of thing it's gathered so far for me:

Code:
F2PAddon_Variables = {

["Alts"] = {

["Aerie Peak"] = {

["Yasueh"] = false,

["Dashiki"] = false,

["Maledíctíon"] = false,

["Dilfy"] = false,

["Sarthae"] = false,

},

},

["Realms"] = {

["Aerie Peak"] = {

["Horde"] = {

["Illý"] = {

["class"] = "Paladin",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Jambì"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Emoclown"] = {

["class"] = "Rogue",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Guraan"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Tauren",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 20,

["gender"] = "male",

["class"] = "Warrior",

["spec"] = "845",

},

["Penix"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Mage",

},

["Bizr"] = {

["class"] = "Warlock",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Mikián"] = {

["class"] = "Warrior",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Garubashi"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Arizak"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Troll",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 1,

["gender"] = "female",

["class"] = "Hunter",

["spec"] = "809",

},

["Uninstaller"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Druid",

},

["Sendenbar"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Jeratrollz"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Warlock",

},

["Hamcaké"] = {

["class"] = "Hunter",

["level"] = 20,

},

["Uschî"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Shaman",

},

["Roenya"] = {

["trial"] = "1",

["race"] = "Troll",

["version"] = "1.0.0",

["xpLocked"] = "0",

["level"] = 11,

["gender"] = "female",

["class"] = "Rogue",

["spec"] = "183",

},

["Trandeya"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Warlock",

},

["Secco"] = {

["class"] = "Rogue",

["level"] = 10,

},

},

["Alliance"] = {

["Wezzley"] = {

["class"] = "Shaman",

["level"] = 4,

},

["Aricri"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Druid",

},

["Baldtankin"] = {

["level"] = 8,

["class"] = "Warrior",

},

["ßübblê"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Paladin",

},

["Mexy"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Hunter",

},

["Medanx"] = {

["level"] = 20,

["class"] = "Rogue",

},

},

},

},

}

(The Alts section has false after every name until you set one as a main (when I put together an interface for the options).

Names with just class and level after them are what's gathered from the friends list, from people running the current release of the addon, and the names with extra information are what the new addon will provide.

I still need to add last seen online times to it somehow, so I can switch to just removing people who haven't been on in ages from the friends list when it's full.)

Absolutely amazing as always. Please post a donate button somewhere.

I just installed the addons but there isn't anyone online, is that typical? Should I join a specific server in order to see other people online? Thanks!

*sorry I'm still learning*

Dovey said:
I just installed the addons but there isn't anyone online, is that typical? Should I join a specific server in order to see other people online? Thanks!

*sorry I'm still learning*

Aerie Peak is the US server people are using.

Users who are viewing this thread