F2P Addon

Every time I upload a new version of the file, I then download it from TI to make sure I put the right version up. The 1.1.1 file linked in the first post of the thread opens fine in WinRAR, 7zip (what compressed it) and windows explorer. If you're still having problems though I can PM you the contents of the files to copy/paste/save with a text editor.

Yasueh said:
Every time I upload a new version of the file, I then download it from TI to make sure I put the right version up. The 1.1.1 file linked in the first post of the thread opens fine in WinRAR, 7zip (what compressed it) and windows explorer. If you're still having problems though I can PM you the contents of the files to copy/paste/save with a text editor.

Both still saying archive is unknown, damaged and/or not valid. So if you could please, thanks.

Maby just sending to my mail adress would be easier.

Nvm, i guess my torrent downloader was the problem.

Chat addon now available in the OP (and a new/renamed F2PTwinkNames).

I've only been able to test it between 2 accounts, and can't test how it works on accounts other than enUS and enGB, that give different names to the classes (hopefully you'll get other player's names in the right colors, and no error messages).

Can't say how well it'll work with extra chat addons. I'm using Chatter without problems, but YMMV with others.

You will still need this if you're on P2P, or you won't be able to hear anyone on F2P who's using it.

I must be doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to try disabling all my other addons and see if that fixes it.

Edit: The game lost my chat settings it seemed I had to go into my chat window and fix the settings again. >.<

This literally is the greatest thing ever! Now if only there is a way for F2Ps to start groups ...

~Zuty

The chat addon is great! We just need to get more people using it.

However for some (like me) have the f2ptwink channel disabled for your chatbox. You might get a FAQ about it. Dunno if other had this problem.

hey,

just made an account to get this awesome chat addon :D ^^

...and also to say:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YASUEH,

for all your efforts regarding these addons which will make f2p life easier and also your dedication to the whole wow-twinking scene.

i read some things on the official forums and thought you were very eloquent and reasonable, just like korette.

"keep up the good work"

<3 Decem

(with the annoying Ã￾)

Let me add my praise and thanks for the chat addon! It is brilliant!

If you are looking for suggestions or feedback on the next edition, I have a few things for you to consider:

1) Suppress the "Added to friends" and "Removed from friends" messages when people join and leave the channel

2) Perhaps there is a way to broadcast achievement messages to the channel the way a guild channel does?

Brilliant work sir, your dedication is admirable!

I am getting garbage sent to the f2ptwink channel randomly while running F2PChat. Might be conflicting with another addon, but I am running too many to try to pinpoint what it might be without annoying people in the channel. For now I just have it disabled.

As I wrote it, the chat addon only displays received messages that have the correct message prefix, so something your end was whispering messages to everyone else via the addon channel, using that prefix.

The only bit of code that's common between this addon and others is the library that throttles chat, to keep you from getting disconnected when you send too much. That's ChatThrottleLib, which is also a part of the AceComm library, used by a lot of addons. That library puts all the data sent to it into a queue, so if the queue gets corrupted, one addon can end up getting information for another. The thing about F2PChat though, is it prints out all the data it gets, other addons might just ignore it if it doesn't look right.

When WoW loads the addons, it'll use the first copy of the ChatThrottleLib library it comes across, up until it finds a copy that's a newer version, so the problem could be a corrupted copy of the file from any recent addon, that for some reason is mixing up the data sent to it.

You could narrow down the possible problem addons by looking for ones that include ChatThrottleLib.lua in their folders (doing a windows search on your 'World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons' folder for that file name should find them all).

I'm pretty sure it's Aloft causing issues.

Users who are viewing this thread