F2P Addon

I'm not totally sure about it acting completely like a normal chat channel (I want it to because I use chatter myself to hide the usual Blizzard UI crap). I can at least make it look like a normal chat channel, by having the addon send the right colored text to any of the existing chat windows (so it could act like a fully working /f2ptwink channel).

For people with chat addons I might be able to fix it so it works with some of them.

Don't expect anything soon. A place in a flat I've been waiting on for about a year recently became available, so I'll be moving house over the next few weeks. At least the people asking me to fix their computers haven't found me anything else to do (for a geek, hell is other people's computers).

The priority is limiting the game's friends list to only have people from the addon's list who're online (because it's already at the 100 limit, so new people won't be added/included in the whisper macro), and having a chat addon to send to however many are online.

I should at least be able to have the addon list record when people were last online, and also have it record who is on a trial or not, along with their level (it can even add if they've locked XP, so we can see who's doing F2P on 19s).

Made a breakthrough with getting an accurate list of people in the /f2ptwink channel (not the out of date list given by the GetNumChannelMembers() and GetChannelRosterInfo() functions), so I can now have the friends list match who's online and in that channel (still very important that you're in the channel for anything to work, and so people can add you to talk to you. Premades are fun ;) Will add auto-join /f2ptwink to the addon).

1am here, so I'm going to sleep. Expect a completely new version of the addon tomorrow ;)

Yasueh said:
Made a breakthrough with getting an accurate list of people in the /f2ptwink channel (not the out of date list given by the GetNumChannelMembers() and GetChannelRosterInfo() functions), so I can now have the friends list match who's online and in that channel (still very important that you're in the channel for anything to work, and so people can add you to talk to you. Premades are fun ;) Will add auto-join /f2ptwink to the addon).

1am here, so I'm going to sleep. Expect a completely new version of the addon tomorrow ;)

OMFG I LOVE YOU.

If you has a paypal I'll donate for a working addon.

New version posted on the first post of the thread. This is a pretty major update, which fixes the problem with the 100 friends limit (and it's much tidier code, so I should be able to add to it more easily in future).

Yasueh said:
New version posted on the first post of the thread. This is a pretty major update, which fixes the problem with the 100 friends limit (and it's much tidier code, so I should be able to add to it more easily in future).

When we have 100 people online at once, we can section it off and give certain players "lists" of people online. For example, Player 101 wants to whisper Player 1, but he is in a different section. The addon whispers Player 100 and he sends off that whisper to Player 1, and the addon could easily hide the original recipient and make it seem as if it was sent directly from Player 101.

This would probably be a GIGANTIC PITA to code, though.

BUMP.

Also why the hell is this still not stickied, seriously?

I got stickied.

Damnit, now I'm going to have to do some work. Oh, well, tidied up the first post and added what I've got planned in the way of addons to it (planned short term, I have big plans for the long term *rubs hands together*).

Well I've made quite a bit of headway on the chat addon, and got both ends of the chat process covered:

• I can now have an addon intercept messages you send to the /f2ptwink channel before they get sent, block them so they don't trigger the message about being unable to use the channel on a trial, and then do something else with the message data (like send it through the addon channel to everyone running the same addon).
  • I can also have an addon color text that it writes to a message frame, so addons receiving messages through the addon channel can make them look just like they would if a P2P player was sending them direct to the channel.

Of course no-one will see anything unless they've got the F2PTwinkNames addon adding anyone who could be sending to their friends list, and the F2PTwinkChat addon to recieve the messages that are being sent, and display them.

To cover that I'll have the addons talk to each other, so everyone will know who else is running them (and what version they are), and if someone with a P2P is running the addons (still needed to see any chat from F2Ps), then the chat addon could whisper people who join the channel without the addons, to tell them where to get them.

You should create some sort of Arena team integration in here. :)

Is it possibly to replace the invite option with your own after you get the invite server working? I'll volunteer to be a server, assuming people want to donate 50 cents a day to keep it up, I'll leave him online since I never shut down my PC.

Also it's possible to invite people and leave the group automatically BEFORE the group is formed.

ie:

macro

/invite Thirk

/invite Oletha

and in a second macro

/script LeaveParty();

I've tested it with Zuty and it works.

I'd like to make a request for the friends addon, can we have it auto-delete all names when you log off. That way when you log back on and it updates it does so with just those online. There are enough of us Horde side that I have to regularly clean out my friends list or I get spammed with the message that I'm out of room. Just a thought and thanks for the hard work!

It's already been done. You need to stop using the old version (everyone in /f2ptwink does. The upcoming chat addon won't work without the new friend names addon).

Feature Requests. Would make F2Ps insanely easy to manage in PvP.

Raid/Party Interface:

* Check if an invite "server" is online

-> * Create "groups" by fake-inviting people and managing them in the interface.

--> * The "leader" clicks [Start Group], which has the addon communicate with the server, sending out invites. If there's more than 3 people invited (3 Invite + Leader + Server), make it a raid first and then give out the other invites right away.

--> * The "leader" clicks [Start Raid], which has the addon communicate with the server, sending out invites. After the 1st invite convert to raid and continue sending out invites.

---> * Leader can then click [Finish Group] to drop the server. If the leader started a group and not a raid, drop server and have the addon convert back to party.

This would be the most efficient way to make parties/raids.

PvP interface:

* Group "leaders" have a "Kick" button added to the portrait in PvP. Pressing it would have all people with the addon within the group report that player AFK, getting him kicked. Most useful at the very beginning of an AB where 60 seconds is barely enough to get into combat.

This would be extremely useful for controlling groups, though a bit unfair for the randoms. If one of our groups misses a pop we could use this to get them both in.

Premade interface:

* Check if an invite "server" is online

-> * Potential "leaders" would create fake groups within the interface. For every 5 members a leader would need to be assigned. They would get "fake-invited" so when the real invites get sent out they are automatically accepted.

--> The "leader" clicks [Create Premade] which has the server invite 4 people, converts to raid, pass lead to assigned leaders, and then drop. Addon would then auto-convert back to party. Afterwards the addon would disable all but the primary "leader" from queuing for BGs.

---> The "leader" clicks [Queue for WSG] or [Queue for AB], queuing his own group and making the secondary leaders all queue their groups.

----> The addon checks for pops, and if all leaders get pops within the same time (2 seconds? Just don't have high latency, otherwise you shouldn't PvP to begin with.) it autoaccepts.

-----> If the pop is not the same for each group, all of them quit and requeue automatically.

Instant WSG/AB premades? Also have the interface show ALL 2/3 groups in a separate window so we know who we're queuing with.

This would probably, from a coding standpoint, be the biggest PITA compared to anything else done in the addon, but if something like this could be completed, most of our troubles would vanish. Though we would need at least 2 or 3 servers on at one time, or implement a backend queue for creating groups. Otherwise this could get annoying awfully fast. Would also need to have near-flawless coding for such a system to work as well as it could.

If we have enough people on to form 2 groups then they should be doing war games. I'm not doing anything to make it easier to get around the group size limit for BGs, or making an automated AFK reporter, because those things are really likely to piss off Blizzard, and then they might do something really stupid, like stopping F2Ps from being able to use addons.

I'm doing chat and group forming, under the assumption they were removed from the old time limited trials, to stop them from being used for gold spamming, and that it wasn't worth Bliz's time to make them work like whispers do through friends, while the time limit was in place, and people wouldn't be on the trial long enough to make a lot of friends and use those features.

Yasueh said:
If we have enough people on to form 2 groups then they should be doing war games. I'm not doing anything to make it easier to get around the group size limit for BGs, or making an automated AFK reporter, because those things are really likely to piss off Blizzard, and then they might do something really stupid, like stopping F2Ps from being able to use addons.

I'm doing chat and group forming, under the assumption they were removed from the old time limited trials, to stop them from being used for gold spamming, and that it wasn't worth Bliz's time to make them work like whispers do through friends, while the time limit was in place, and people wouldn't be on the trial long enough to make a lot of friends and use those features.

They can't stop F2P from using addons, it's clientside not server side. And there's no way to detect whether or not they're used to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread