EU+US Everything Wrong With The PTR Transmog System

Nah, you just need to have received it at one point.

Are you purposely replying without reading anything?

No, you need a physical version of A item that is equippable (for weapons) and your main armor type (for armor). Only that opens up rewards from that quest. That's how it is currently.

So you'd need to level a character again from scratch to get most unlocks.

Currently we're not going to be able to Transmog any other armor type than our Main one. (Druid can only Transmog Leather, Priest can only Transmog Cloth, Warrior can only Transmog Plate and so on)

This is really frustrating for lower levels and especially Twinks as BiS is extremely often not our main armor type.

Also, we can't currently hide our Cloak or Head unless it's our main armor type. This is a huge problem aswell since the BiS Head item for all Twinks will be an item without an Armor type. [item="87213" /]

Give this thread a Thumps up so Blizzard can be made aware of it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745146631

Everything is working as intended. It's not going to change or 'be fixed' because these are the rules that make sense for transmog. If you're wearing the wrong type of armor for your class, there will be new options from quests that reflect the new design. Some items will even swap post patch from one type to another, depending on the stats on them.

Everything is working as intended. It's not going to change or 'be fixed' because these are the rules that make sense for transmog. If you're wearing the wrong type of armor for your class, there will be new options from quests that reflect the new design. Some items will even swap post patch from one type to another, depending on the stats on them.

You're somehow missing the obvious point.
I'm not complaining that we can't xmog cloth to plate. I'm complaining that we can't xmog cloth to cloth as Druids, leather to leather as warriors and so on. We can't xmog our gear unless it's our main armor type. We can't even hide it.

Are you purposely replying without reading anything?

No, you need a physical version of A item that is equippable (for weapons) and your main armor type (for armor). Only that opens up rewards from that quest. That's how it is currently.

So you'd need to level a character again from scratch to get most unlocks.
It's PTR and it's not all working correctly since it's the just a Beta Build. I'm literally using a Helm as Transmog right now (Character copy) that I have sitting in my Void Storage right now and it's showing me as not collected in the Appearance Tab. Another item under Weapons that I have in Void Storage and it shows uncollected. I can go on but frankly the point is made.

It's a bug and it will (hopefully) be fixed.

I should also note that the similar Class-Account wide Xmog isn't working properly yet either. Some items I have collected on my 100 Druid show up on my 10 Druid and some don't. Some show as Collected but have a Level requirement to mog. Some items that had a Level requirement to EARN (Quest reward way over Level 10) are able to be mogged on my 10, because reasons. Lots of bugs, only time will tell if it all gets fixed, or not.

You're somehow missing the obvious point.
I'm not complaining that we can't xmog cloth to plate. I'm complaining that we can't xmog cloth to cloth as Druids, leather to leather as warriors and so on. We can't xmog our gear unless it's our main armor type. We can't even hide it.

That's the part that's working as intended. Why would you ever wear cloth as a druid or leather as a warrior? Those concepts are being phased out in Legion. You wear leather as a druid and plate as a warrior. There will be new rewards for you to obtain

Why would you wear cloth as a druid in legion? Rocking a stam set for wpvp or something?.....there's no flags to carry, but whatever. As Willix stated those concepts are being fazed out in legion. Unless you're wearing LFH for swag, there's no reason to wear cloth on a druid.

Inb4 Plate LFH

That's the part that's working as intended. Why would you ever wear cloth as a druid or leather as a warrior? Those concepts are being phased out in Legion. You wear leather as a druid and plate as a warrior. There will be new rewards for you to obtain

Why would you wear cloth as a druid in legion? Rocking a stam set for wpvp or something?.....there's no flags to carry, but whatever. As Willix stated those concepts are being fazed out in legion. Unless you're wearing LFH for swag, there's no reason to wear cloth on a druid.

What about RPers? They have great reasons to wanna equip another armor type. This game is an RPG after all and there's plenty of servers dedicated towards RPing. They also need to be able to hide and show their helmet on demand in the UI to bow and tip their hat.

What about RPers? They have great reasons to wanna equip another armor type. This game is an RPG after all and there's plenty of servers dedicated towards RPing. They also need to be able to hide and show their helmet on demand in the UI to bow and tip their hat.
Deaf ears @Mvq. ~90% of XPOff thinks the ONLY reason to Twink is to smash faces in BG's at Level 19 and nothing else.

RP-ers can still equip other armor types....they've been gimping themselves with gear since forever. If they don't want helm or cloak to show, they can take off their helm or cloak. All of this is a non-issue.

Why would RP'ers need to mog items though? Just equip the item instead, it's not like they need to wear the best gear to fuck around in Goldshire Inn
Deaf ears @Mvq. ~90% of XPOff thinks the ONLY reason to Twink is to smash faces in BG's at Level 19 and nothing else.
It sounded like he was referring to RP'ers in general

Why would RP'ers need to mog items though? Just equip the item instead, it's not like they need to wear the best gear to duck around in Goldshire Inn

It sounded like he was referring to RP'ers in general

RPPVP requires you to have decent gear equipped.

Is it intended for ww monks to not be able to mog fist weapons? Cuz I'd love to mog those hand wraps

I dont know though, this 'issue' seems like a part of a greater change that Blizzard is implementing, mostly with focus on lower levels, where people are more or less 'forced' to wear the armor type that suits them. I.e. armor type of quest reward depending on your class etc.

At endgame people are almost all the time wearing their respectable armor type, whereas at lower levels many people are running around in cloth gear as monks etc, which sometimes can lead to ninja looting and what not in dungeons.

It's a bug and it will (hopefully) be fixed.

That is why you complain, it's Blizzard, you can't go; "It's just beta" and then a month later go "it's just PTR" and nothing has changed. You do realize the next step after PTR is "it's just live" right? Got to moan now so they "fix" it, if it really was unintended.

Blizzard basically broke their promises of unlocked quest rewards, either by their laziness or by a bug, yet they haven't made a reply to it in more than a month and they clearly didn't fix it for the PTR.

Nothing gets fixed unless you whine like a giant baby on US forums, unfortunately I don't have US account, but still.

Also about the druid wearing cloth, even though you might not need that anymore, I have a ton of unobtainable/very rare cloth on my shaman/druid, even though I have it and can equip it, it isn't unlocked in my wardrobe because they're not cloth-classes. It's stupid.

I dont know though, this 'issue' seems like a part of a greater change that Blizzard is implementing, mostly with focus on lower levels, where people are more or less 'forced' to wear the armor type that suits them. I.e. armor type of quest reward depending on your class etc.

At endgame people are almost all the time wearing their respectable armor type, whereas at lower levels many people are running around in cloth gear as monks etc, which sometimes can lead to ninja looting and what not in dungeons.

You must realize that they're changing the mog rules for no reason.

That is why you complain, it's Blizzard, you can't go; "It's just beta" and then a month later go "it's just PTR" and nothing has changed. You do realize the next step after PTR is "it's just live" right? Got to moan now so they "fix" it, if it really was unintended.

Blizzard basically broke their promises of unlocked quest rewards, either by their laziness or by a bug, yet they haven't made a reply to it in more than a month and they clearly didn't fix it for the PTR.

Nothing gets fixed unless you whine like a giant baby on US forums, unfortunately I don't have US account, but still.

Also about the druid wearing cloth, even though you might not need that anymore, I have a ton of unobtainable/very rare cloth on my shaman/druid, even though I have it and can equip it, it isn't unlocked in my wardrobe because they're not cloth-classes. It's stupid.
Excactly, the Beta and PTR (Public Test Realm) is meant as your chance to improve Legion, you're simply there to test it. If you find a bug, report it, either through the ingame UI or through the forums.

Blizzard will recognize your bug reports, and of they're valid and helpful you will be more likely to recieve Beta invites for future xpacs, that's how the system works.

Users who are viewing this thread