EU+US Everything Wrong With The PTR Transmog System

What is a "Predetermined" baseline iLvl? Where are you getting this from? There is no baseline iLvl lol
The baseline, to my mind, is what your stats are in a BG with no equipment on. So what's the difference between having no equipment at level 29 and having an avg equipped ilvl of 44?

The baseline, to my mind, is what your stats are in a BG with no equipment on. So what's the difference between having no equipment at level 29 and having an avg equipped ilvl of 44?

Surpriiiiise: You gain heavy stats just by having an item equipped in the slot. The majority of your stats are from just having gear equipped.

What is a "Predetermined" baseline iLvl? Where are you getting this from? There is no baseline iLvl lol
That was just how I explained it, succesfully to Persuasive but seemingly unsuccessfully to you. I'll try a different way though. We know that for every 1 average ilvl you have above X your stats will increase by 0,1%. Now, X obviously depends on the bracket; for instance in 10-19 it will ve 25, and for 60-69 it will be 138. These numbers; 25, 138 etc were what I meant. The breakpoints from where your own gear will matter if it has higher ilvl.

That was just how I explained it, succesfully to Persuasive but seemingly unsuccessfully to you. I'll try a different way though. We know that for every 1 average ilvl you have above X your stats will increase by 0,1%. Now, X obviously depends on the bracket; for instance in 10-19 it will ve 25, and for 60-69 it will be 138. These numbers; 25, 138 etc were what I meant. The breakpoints from where your own gear will matter if it has higher ilvl.

That's where you're in the wrong tho', we don't gain stats when we're above X. There is no threshold.
We gain stats when we're above 0.

Okay, that's cool. That makes more sense to me, but I wouldn't call it a "heavy" gain.

At best, for level 29s in full GF gear, maybe 4.5% advantage over being naked. The average ding dong in the bracket will be floating between 20-30 avg ilvl, so the stat advantage is probably around 2%. If you're non-GF, closer to 1%.

Okay, this is funny:

So apparently Nolkai's Lantern will only be useable by Blood Elves, except it's only available from an Alliance only quest. How people are supposed to use it? With a paid faction change?

Probably no transmog collector will care, since there are already identical lanterns available elsewhere, but it will still hurt regular levelling characters (without heirlooms).

That's an odd claim. They can track if you've completed a quest simply with the API. Heck, you can even check it yourself. Just write this in-game:

/script IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(questID)

I've been trying to get 10+ GMs to restore an item for me, from a quest that was removed after WotLK. Everyone says the same, that they can't track whether I completed the quest or not.

Maybe I sounded more certain than I really am, but they've all told me the same 0.o

I've been trying to get 10+ GMs to restore an item for me, from a quest that was removed after WotLK. Everyone says the same, that they can't track whether I completed the quest or not.

Maybe I sounded more certain than I really am, but they've all told me the same 0.o

Most likely the Quest had multiple item options. It's impossible to check which item you chose.

I'll bet my life on it, lol
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20131410

"We ultimately arrived at a solution where we set player stats automatically in PvP and increase those stats based on your average item level. Players would understand that their stats didn’t come from gear, but that the quality of their gear does matter. Currently, we’ve tuned the system such that for every point above item level 800, your stats are increased by 0.1%. This means that someone with item level 900 gear is only 10% stronger than someone with item level 800 gear. For comparison, that’s roughly the same increase that a mere 10 item level increase gives in Warlords of Draenor. This allows us to make getting gear feel good in general, while shrinking the power gap to an acceptable range."

Obviously this seems like an example for 110's, but still.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20131410

"We ultimately arrived at a solution where we set player stats automatically in PvP and increase those stats based on your average item level. Players would understand that their stats didn’t come from gear, but that the quality of their gear does matter. Currently, we’ve tuned the system such that for every point above item level 800, your stats are increased by 0.1%. This means that someone with item level 900 gear is only 10% stronger than someone with item level 800 gear. For comparison, that’s roughly the same increase that a mere 10 item level increase gives in Warlords of Draenor. This allows us to make getting gear feel good in general, while shrinking the power gap to an acceptable range."

Obviously this seems like an example for 110's, but still.

Good find! So my guess here is that the threshold that you need to get above at level 19 is 24 because if you look at http://legion.wowhead.com/item=134638/recruits-rifle&bonus=1723 you can see that at 110 the heirloom iLvl will be 800. (on this item it shows 780 at lvl 110 however at lvl 19 it shows 23, 23 is 95% of 24 and 780 is around the same of 800, so the to conclude the iLvl is 5% less on this item compared to heirlooms)

Good find! So my guess here is that the threshold that you need to get above at level 19 is 24 because if you look at http://legion.wowhead.com/item=134638/recruits-rifle&bonus=1723 you can see that at 110 the heirloom iLvl will be 800. (on this item it shows 780 at lvl 110 however at lvl 19 it shows 23, 23 is 95% of 24 and 780 is around the same of 800, so the to conclude the iLvl is 5% less on this item compared to heirlooms)
So where are we on this:
I'll bet my life on it, lol
?

Users who are viewing this thread