EU+US Everything Wrong With The PTR Transmog System

I know for a fact that Blizzard can't track old quest rewards that were deleted more than ~three months ago. (They also can't track whether the quest ever was completed or not, if it's been removed.)

That's an odd claim. They can track if you've completed a quest simply with the API. Heck, you can even check it yourself. Just write this in-game:

/script IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(questID)

I know for a fact that Blizzard can't track old quest rewards that were deleted more than ~three months ago. (They also can't track whether the quest ever was completed or not, if it's been removed.)

Oh and also I probably should add that my Char can transmog Trailblazer Boots and I did that quest ~ 10 years ago and chose Jutebraids instead of Trailblazers.

That's an odd claim. They can track if you've completed a quest simply with the API. Heck, you can even check it yourself. Just write this in-game:

/script IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(questID)
What if it's been removed?

Oh and also I probably should add that my Char can transmog Trailblazer Boots and I did that quest ~ 10 years ago and chose Jutebraids instead of Trailblazers.
That's just weird... You're sure that you didn't do it on another character where you picked Trailblazers?

That's just weird... You're sure that you didn't do it on another character where you picked Trailblazers?

No, Blizz stated themselves that every option in a Quest will be added to your wardrobe.

But does the quest show as completed with the in game script, if it's for instance the Inferno Robe quest?

Yes. The Quest is still in the Database, it just isn't available in-game. :p There's no Quest that has been removed from the Database to my knowledge.

From testing at level 60 i put on different pieces varying from + or - 20 item levels and my stats didnt changed at all.
Level 60-69 bracket scales to ilvl 138 if I recall. Unless you mean 69 when you say 60, getting an avg ilvl higher than 138 at level 60 is pretty much impossible. Even at 69, you might be able to squeeze out a couple of percents if you're lucky.

Level 60-69 bracket scales to ilvl 138 if I recall. Unless you mean 69 when you say 60, getting an avg ilvl higher than 138 at level 60 is pretty much impossible. Even at 69, you might be able to squeeze out a couple of percents if you're lucky.

Gear doesn't scale to any ilvl anymore.

Oh, okay. Then is the target ilvl different for every single level? And does that mean 28 or 27 twinks might be able to get more stats than 29 if they get the same items?
No, you are right. For every char in the 60-69 bracket, no matter the level, your "gear" will scale to a certain lvl, in this case 138. The point is that your gear actually wont scale, and wont matter, since you're given predetermined stats upon entering instanced PvP. BUT if you have any gear with ilvl above lvl 138 it will matter, since for every 1 average ilvl you have above the baseline ilvl of your bracket, in this case 138, you'll get a 0,1% stat increase.

No, you are right. For every char in the 60-69 bracket, no matter the level, your "gear" will scale to a certain lvl, in this case 138. The point is that your gear actually wont scale, and wont matter, since you're given predetermined stats upon entering instanced PvP. BUT if you have any gear with ilvl above lvl 138 it will matter, since for every 1 average ilvl you have above the baseline ilvl of your bracket, in this case 138, you'll get a 0,1% stat increase.
Okay, that's what I thought, thanks.

Oh, okay. Then is the target ilvl different for every single level? And does that mean 28 or 27 twinks might be able to get more stats than 29 if they get the same items?

The higher iLvl = The Higher stats. There is no amount you need for each level. You just need more ilvl than the other person.

Gear doesn't scale. Log on the PTR and check for yourself.

Gear doesn't scale. Log on the PTR and check for yourself.
I know.

But you are wrong, in your above post. For instance, afaik at least, in the 10-19 bracket, you will gain 0,1% stats for every 1 average item level you have above the "predetermined" baseline ilvl for your bracket, which in the case of 10-19 is 25. So if your ilvl is 26, you'll gain a 0,1% stat advantage.

That's why I mentioned "gear scaling"

I know.

But you are wrong, in your above post. For instance, afaik at least, in the 10-19 bracket, you will gain 0,1% stats for every 1 average item level you have above the "predetermined" baseline ilvl for your bracket, which in the case of 10-19 is 25. So if your ilvl is 26, you'll gain a 0,1% stat advantage.

That's why I mentioned "gear scaling"

What is a "Predetermined" baseline iLvl? Where are you getting this from? There is no baseline iLvl lol

You will if you previously got that item as a reward for a Quest, going all the way back to the Vanilla, Blizz has confirmed this. Now, what Blizz says and what Blizz implements are often 2 different things but even Wowhead has stated, from a Blue post, that all previous Quest rewards that honor the new Armor types will be in your new Transmog UI when 7.0 hits.

Blizzard have unconfirmed this quite a few weeks/months ago;
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611591137

Not sure if anything changed since then, but I don't think so.

Here's what you need on PTR right now for unobtainable vanilla items;

1. You have a quest item from a vanilla quest, physically in your bags or storage.
2. You can equip this item type and if it is armor it has to be your armor type (so leather on a hunter won't work)

If you can strike off those two steps, ALL REWARDS FROM THAT QUEST will be added to your transmo wardrobe.

Users who are viewing this thread