Aerie Peak 10v10 Premade - Setting up teams! Details inside!

You know, there is so much interest in this, that maybe we should put the serious premade off for a bit to let everyone enjoy the fun...

DODJ

I haven't lol'd this hard in a while.

You know, there is so much interest in this, that maybe we should put the serious premade off for a bit to let everyone enjoy the fun...

We're in no hurry to start this, though of course I'd love to get it going asap.

Horde still needs to get their FC 2 AGMs.and find more players. Alliance shows way more interest considering they have way more players.

I don't understand the Swiftness Potion rule... The recipe is not that hard to get, easily available to F2P's, and both factions can get it without too much trouble. *shrug*

Also, there's alot of good players with AGM, why make them take it off? Again, both factions can get it, it's just a grind. If your removing items that are difficult to grind, why not ban Magician's Mantle or any other BoE? Just seems kinda silly to me.

I don't understand the Swiftness Potion rule... The recipe is not that hard to get, easily available to F2P's, and both factions can get it without too much trouble. *shrug*

Also, there's alot of good players with AGM, why make them take it off? Again, both factions can get it, it's just a grind. If your removing items that are difficult to grind, why not ban Magician's Mantle or any other BoE? Just seems kinda silly to me.

The recipe is completely rng and you could go through enough dungeons to get ambass twice and never see it. That's why. Maybe Magician's mantle should be banned, but agm should definitely be limited. If you guys wanna help people get AGMs to equal the AGM number alli side it would be fair, but it seems people don't like fair, being that you don't see an issue with letting people wear AGMs when there's an imbalance

My personal opinion is that the quibbling about gear equality is taking the fun out of this project.

I think each side should get the 10 best people they can muster, remembering that "best" includes things that are FAR more important than gear, and then get in the gulch and have a good time.

Beyond these trees there is a whole forest.

My personal opinion is that the quibbling about gear equality is taking the fun out of this project.

I think each side should get the 10 best people they can muster, remembering that "best" includes things that are FAR more important than gear, and then get in the gulch and have a good time.

Agreed. As long as they aren't using P2P-only stuff...

The point of limiting certain items is to bring the best SKILL, not GEAR. I want a balanced playing field that will have the battles be decided by skill and teamwork/cooperation.

I would like to see the teams balanced in terms of their composite equipped ilevel, scaled by a constant representing the intrinsic power of the class as determined by a cross-faction committee. Teams must be approximately equal both by average scaled ilevel and standard deviation.

Yes I am trolling, I'll go back to my corner now.

(Would like to participate when this happens, though)

I would like to see the teams balanced in terms of their composite equipped ilevel, scaled by a constant representing the intrinsic power of the class as determined by a cross-faction committee. Teams must be approximately equal both by average scaled ilevel and standard deviation.

Yes I am trolling, I'll go back to my corner now.

(Would like to participate when this happens, though)

We could use 2 Hunters on the team, and seeing as Tvee seems to be gone for good at this point you can come along as you're definitely one of the better hunters.

I will be Survival Offense because Earl is a PITA and there's no way I'm letting him bubble heal, I'm still considering what spec our 2nd Hunter should be. Your input is appreciated as we still don't have a team setup.

We are approximately halfway there as far as team creation goes. I will talk with Shift and the rest of the Horde team and we will come up with a final team compilation by tonight, hopefully.

If any Alliance wishes to help, Beefstock will soon be working on his AGM (or 2). It would be great to receive Alliance help (without them I would not have MY AGM to begin with!), as his completion of AGM affects when we get this premade off the ground.

ALLIANCE team, please try to come up with a team compilation soon, so that I may post it up.

Another thing, should we be aware of the other team's final comp, or is it better to prepare for everything?

I would also suggest that this be a "best of 3" or even 5

We pretty much have our team, just need to talk to some of the players that we have picked...

Let us know when you have their confirmations, and make sure they're available on weekends, which is when this will most likely be taking place.

Howdy,

I am missing the pita seera kis bracers and Boas so I am not putting myself forward to be included. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Zobb/simple

Good luck and have fun! I will participate more when my AP hordie is done.

I am however interested as to why Rumsey Rum in all its permutations, and easily obtainable by f2p, is not allowed and Halaani whisky, which requires high levels to reliably obtain, is allowed. Your game so your rules; I am just curious.

Zobb

Rumsey requires hours of fishing to accumulate

As a person who fished over 500 rums i can tell you that it doesnt take hours of fishing but luck in wreckage spawns. STV is not the only place to fish and there are always wreckages arround. You just need to find it and its not hard and not huge time consuming at all. Doing dungeons/quests for gold and buy whiskey probably even take more time if you want to keep it stacked when you run out.

Users who are viewing this thread