XP Block turned off

Option gone in the EU as well now, and the Lock on my 20 (F2P) Mage has gone too.

Eventually got a reply from the GM Team, they have to feed the 'it's intended now and you shouldn't be able to do it anymore
<
'

(emoticon in the original reply) line it seems. I did get my 10 gold back, going over cap (yay) though the moment I spend some silver of the almost 2 gold over cap my gold was reset to 10 (meh).

I know I am grasping at straws now, but to me the emoticon I recieved does indicate that once again the EU CM/GM team has awareness on how the game works yet has to sell the Cata-team's latest turd as the Second Coming or something.

(and, completly OT, I do find it hilarious the same guys that brought Heirlooms are now requiring having the minimum level to use certain gear when 'mogging 'because a low level in Tier just doesn't look right' . No shit, Sherlock)

i wouldn't give them money even if it meant you staying in a battleground after dying

I've stayed in BGs after dying multiple times, if there's a reason to. The ones that I leave, I leave before I die 99% of the time. Your statement suggests my sticking around in a BG is somehow important to you.

To those who say them stopping trials at 24 makes no sense the thought is now trials can't stop exp ever. So even if they uped the cap to 30 or 40 we'll still be stuck in a BG where people have 4 levels on us. To someone who really is a new trial player going into the bg in whatever gear they got from leveling they likely aren't going to have the hit gear needed to touch someone 4 levels over them. To me it makes a a lot more sense to stop a trial account at 24 or 29 where new players should have a better pvp experience. Those of us who aren't new players know that we do stand a chance capped at level 20 against the 24's if we get geared before stepping into the bg. I know it's not likely they will do this but I can dream and I will.
<

Now if this is part of a plan to move us out of the exp off and into the nonlocked bracket it might be a good thing - all the people who like make 24's to kill the easy target 20's will be out. I'm just hoping the attention they are paying to trials will turn out to be a good thing and not a nerf spree.

I'm just hoping the attention they are paying to trials will turn out to be a good thing and not a nerf spree.

Have my thoughts on this but let's not risk them getting any ideas.

After a bunch of tickets and GM chat I'm getting the impression that at least EU wise they're not seeing the point of scratching the option to Lock for F2P's, either, they all but explicitedly said so.

Really hope they reverse it.

For me personally (and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat) besides the 'twink implications' it means that a lot of the content has been shut off, as a lot of Quests have become next to pointless (ye olde 'out-Greying' problem), the same with most of the Crafting Professions (as Noding the mats means dinging out of the range the gear is usefull) and other stuff that make RPG's fun.

Sure I can e.g. corpse-hop some more, avoid each and every Rare/chest, and just skip LFD as Alliance altogether (the number of non-RFC Groups that actually complete a Dungeon in one go I can count on the left-hand fingers of Captain Hook), but it doesn't exactly make for stimulating gameplay, Mr. Blizzard Lurker sir.

owned. now you have time to gear up your 20 for pvp instead of making a 10-14 or a 15-19 who will get beat down by players who pay for wow and dont have restrictions.

i guess you could still corpse run your toons like real twinks had to for gear. oh well, see you in the bg's. if you dont quit that is.

owned. now you have time to gear up your 20 for pvp instead of making a 10-14 or a 15-19 who will get beat down by players who pay for wow and dont have restrictions.

i guess you could still corpse run your toons like real twinks had to for gear. oh well, see you in the bg's. if you dont quit that is.

The idiocy that oozes from your post is just too much to respond to, even if you read just the post you reacted to it should be clear why .

Something to ponder about: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming (kudos to Yasueh)

To those who say them stopping trials at 24 makes no sense ...[new players] aren't going to have the hit gear needed to touch someone 4 levels over them. To me it makes a a lot more sense to stop a trial account at 24 or 29 where new players should have a better pvp experience.

Blizzard's trial is working as intended, they let players know how the game really is. We have access to plenty of pve content and imbalanced spit in the face pvp content. Blizzard, the ones that actually make the changes, has no reason to make the cap 24 or 29. If you want better pvp experience, in wow, you need to pay.

Now if this is part of a plan to move us out of the exp off and into the nonlocked bracket it might be a good thing - all the people who like make 24's to kill the easy target 20's will be out.

If we are moved into the xp-on bracket WE will be the "24s" as far as power is concerned. No one has gear anywhere near ours in the leveling brackets. Only exception here is crusader enchant, which would allow some melee classes to 1-shot. The intellect/stam/agil/str enchants won't even mean much because they would need all the other gear to even catch up. While I welcome introducing more undergeared players into the alliance population (maybe this can give us more balance), I have no interest in fighting ppl that can't even fight back.

The best "free" solution:

wargames -> [post=334821]here[/post]

arenas -> [post=322761]here[/post]

If F2P went into XP on BGs most players would not be level 20 and most of them would not be any less geared than the noobs we currently get in XP off at 20. There would still be loom heroes leveling through, but they wouldn't be as twinked as a 24 that has all 24 quest and BoE items. There certainly wouldn't be any guilds running 7+ in a single BG. There would be a lot more 21-23s than we currently see and there would be faster queue pops. Win and win. There is no downside, except to the 24s, who would never see a pop again, I mean would be able to compete in their bracket free of the trials ruining it for them, just like the 19s.

F2P being in the 20-24 XP off BG is not working as intended. Infact, Blizz have stated it was unintended, and a consequence of removing 60/70/80 twinks from XP on BGs.

kinda sucks for the p2p players that built characters with f2p rules if they end up switching out how the queues work. I mean not that big a deal to get a trial and roll a new character, but sucks to have to reinvest the effort to get the gear.

kinda sucks for the p2p players that built characters with f2p rules if they end up switching out how the queues work. I mean not that big a deal to get a trial and roll a new character, but sucks to have to reinvest the effort to get the gear.

This times fookin' 20.

If we are moved into the xp-on bracket WE will be the "24s" as far as power is concerned. [...] I have no interest in fighting ppl that can't even fight back.

I agree with you, I don't want to fight undergeared people. However, two points on this. One, we already fight undergeared people in the XP-off bracket, and two, the number of F2P players in the bracket will so vastly outnumber the P2P XP-on players who are levelling through, that we won't even be able to tell them from the undergeared trial players. The number of XP-off 24s we currently face FAR outpaces the number of XP-on 20-24s in the XP-on bracket currently.

Bottom line: Us being in the XP-on bracket would give the P2P XP-on players much faster pops and a much broader group of people to play with, and the level disparity would still be in their favor, but from our point of view, the XP-on player will be so rare compared to seeing game after game of of full-F2Ps, that we won't even notice.

I don't frequently face undergeared alliance as horde. I do frequently face undergeared horde as alliance (thus the "nudity" for "balance".)

We will have more balanced pops somewhere around 2-8 minutes depending on the farming mentality. I'll work the numbers on this later.

Time will tell, but my data already backs my theory. I'm sure that it would breathe more life into the bracket... my concern is the type of life, and the attention that life will receive.

On the bright side perhaps it will be "faster" to setup premade 10v10s.

population is shifting lately... no significant changes yet

lol you kids got owned by hillkid lolol why dont you pay for wow so that you can level past 20 lololol enjoy being corpsed farmed in bgs by us 24s lolololol

I didn't think about this at first. It would also mean that our friends who make our groups would have to always do so from another account. Not game breaking but an added annoyance for the people who do pay to f2p.
<

As far as us becoming the 24's if we go into the exp on BG's - It really wouldn't be the same we're not there just to pick on low levels/undergeared people. We'd be there because it's the only place we can be. We'd be facing mostly other trials and as Kin said there isn't much difference in a fresh undergeared trial 20 and people leveling up. Also I'd think most of the levelers we would face would at least have heirlooms.

Sux,the good thing is that I got bored of WoW anyway and didnt play for weeks.This will save up 22GBs on my hard disc drive.It was nice to have a 19 for those nights you are bored like hell but I dont want to play against 24s(and the game is not worth the sub. fee,I wont pay for making new raids im not interested in)...

Not a big loss but it sux a bit that I will never see WoW again,lets be honest,with SW:ToR,GW2 and Diablo 3 soon out imo WoWs days are numbered,they will probably lose the majority of the remaining subscribers in the next year,to bad that they didnt take advantage from F2P(enchants from the blizzard store etc.),it works for all the other MMO devs,they can still milk a dieing product(+the realms wouldnt look like barren wastelands with lots F2Ps).

I think your average 20-24 leveling noob would be a stronger opponent than your average 20 trial noob. WoW is not as big as it was, but it's still huge, and is still raking in the dollars. WoW will exist as long as Blizz are making money out of it.

If F2P went into XP on BGs most players would not be level 20 and most of them would not be any less geared than the noobs we currently get in XP off at 20. There would still be loom heroes leveling through, but they wouldn't be as twinked as a 24 that has all 24 quest and BoE items. There certainly wouldn't be any guilds running 7+ in a single BG. There would be a lot more 21-23s than we currently see and there would be faster queue pops. Win and win. There is no downside, except to the 24s, who would never see a pop again, I mean would be able to compete in their bracket free of the trials ruining it for them, just like the 19s.

F2P being in the 20-24 XP off BG is not working as intended. Infact, Blizz have stated it was unintended, and a consequence of removing 60/70/80 twinks from XP on BGs.

This.

While I share Deadvulcano's et al. sentiments, I do find the idea that F2P 20's with their piddly '+1 Weapon damage' would have any serious impact on the BoA Battlegrounds somewhat otherworldly.

By now Guilds are pretty much either level 25 or defunct, meaning that besides the glut of WotLK 'looms also the Head and Back pieces are all over the place, and with gold more plentiful than ever to capped toons those 'looms are more often than not glowing with former end-game 'chants as well. The idea that F2P twinks would 'rule the roost' might be flattering to our ego's, but it holds little basis in reality, toons like this

http://eu.battle.net...Freemann/simple

are from what I understand hardly unknown by now in the supposedly 'normal' BG's, and given my recent eperiences in 10-14 and esp. 15-19 XP-ON I have little reason to doubt it, as quite often I was/am one of the few if not only one without glowing fascimile Tier gear. Sure Emberstorm-Glutsturm may have its pecularities due to 'ze Germans' but still.

edit: typo's; horribly late (but 11/12)

I hadn't really taken the heirloom factor into account. Seems like being in the XP-on queue won't be much different from the situation we're facing now from the 24s.

...except of course for the fact that the XP-on heirloom wielders don't have the single-minded purpose of ruining our fun and breaking our spirit the way the xp-off 24s do.

(which, pssst, by the way, isn't working.)

I hadn't really taken the heirloom factor into account. Seems like being in the XP-on queue won't be much different from the situation we're facing now from the 24s.

Yups, it will pretty much be the same except for one thing: we can pretend again that twinks are one big happy family with codes and such, and that the XP-On/Off split is between chaos and tranquility..

Yes, it turned out to be a load of hookum for the most part purely instilled by iffy queues during WotLK due to no regionwide queues, and that the moment queues were a-popping-a-plenty people were camping eachother's brains out and claiming 'it was intended', but hey, it's nice to Belief In A Just World.

What it all comes down to is this:

Would genuine newcomers to the game get a better experience of it, and hence be more likely to start paying subscriptions, if:
  • They are put in BGs with F2P twinks, and 24 twinks who can gear to BiS as they don't get XP.

or
  • They are put in BGs with F2P twinks, and 20-24s in enchanted heirlooms, who are forced to level.

Really it comes doen to how smart Bliz are when it comes to marketing.

That includes whether they'd rather feed all the trial newbies to a just a few haters with 24s, or all the levelling alts of their beloved endgame raiders.

Users who are viewing this thread