Worst day ever

Orebrb said:
Damn that sucks Curley, no doubt you'll definitely be back so see you then. This can easily be prevented by doing a sport getting a scolarship so when paps ask why you aren't outside say your technically getting payed 120 grand to be outside 4-5 months a year so back off. Guarrentee they'll never give you shit about wow again.

Get a swim scolarship like me curley! go go go!

Good luck

take care!

Llare said:
What's the problem if you don't wake them up?

yeah thats good parenting. "stay up as long as you like, just dont wake us up". is europe being taken over by hippiefags? no, kids should have limits such as bed times b/c they dont know any better themselves. a child WoW addict would rather stay up all night farming stupid crap and then sleep during school when they're dead tired. and any good parent wouldnt want that, they would want them to do well in school to prepare for college or a vocational school or entering the work force. children need direction b/c their brains arent fully developed and they cant grasp the ramifications of their decisions. which is why they're children until 18, but even at 18 the majority are still reliant on parents and still not ready to take on the world w/o rules and guidelines.

you have a twisted world view if you think a spanking or a few hits with a belt is child abuse

If your worst day qualifies as getting WoW taken away from you, then your parents are doing you a favor. Maybe boarding school is good for you. As Bone said:

Bone said:
If it's an all boys school, I feel bad for you. If not, get laid. Boarding school girls are always DTF.

Falkor said:
yeah thats good parenting. "stay up as long as you like, just dont wake us up". is europe being taken over by hippiefags? no, kids should have limits such as bed times b/c they dont know any better themselves. a child WoW addict would rather stay up all night farming stupid crap and then sleep during school when they're dead tired. and any good parent wouldnt want that, they would want them to do well in school to prepare for college or a vocational school or entering the work force. children need direction b/c their brains arent fully developed and they cant grasp the ramifications of their decisions. which is why they're children until 18, but even at 18 the majority are still reliant on parents and still not ready to take on the world w/o rules and guidelines.

you have a twisted world view if you think a spanking or a few hits with a belt is child abuse

It's only 2AM? What's the problem.

I agree that children should have boundaries, and if staying up late on WoW is that big of a problem, then you just take the PC away.

No arguments, arguing with your child, or yelling rather, merely fuels them to shout back/learn to shout back; then that can lead to problems towards all figures of authority.

If you ignore all of their pleas, and just stop the problem dead, even for a little while, they'll learn that you don't care/don't listen to their objections, and just give up trying to argue, inturn leading to them obeying.

Parents who beat are just too lazy to take other actions.

Or they were beaten back when they were young uns and decide that it's acceptable now, which it isn't. Spanking and whipping? Whipping? Jesus christ, ****ing unevolved parasites.

I actually chose to go to boarding school. Best decision of my life. For serious.

Llare said:
It's only 2AM? What's the problem.

It's simply not a healthy thing to do. That's the problem. Fortunately for me, my parents care.

I was an addict to WoW, I would play it after my parents went to bed. This is because they would stop me after I played it for 4+ hours during the day. Eventually they caught on to my night time habit and started waking up at 2 in the morning to see if I was up. In fact my mother had to go to work sometimes at 3 AM so it was the perfect plan for them.

No arguments, arguing with your child, or yelling rather, merely fuels them to shout back/learn to shout back; then that can lead to problems towards all figures of authority.

If the child is a brat, yup.

If you ignore all of their pleas, and just stop the problem dead, even for a little while, they'll learn that you don't care/don't listen to their objections, and just give up trying to argue, inturn leading to them obeying.

It's hard to stop some problems such as getting bad grades or commiting crimes. I don't even know what curley did. But whenever I played too much WoW and then came home with shit grades, they would yell at me, and I would have no answer. You know why? Because I knew I had done things wrong, I wasn't some retard thinking that they were just trying to push me around, I knew that bad grades were bad and that it was because I was too lazy and played WoW too much.

Nowadays I've pretty much quit WoW, go to a decent college (could've gone to a better one but I was too lazy in high school), and have an internship that pays more than 99% of straight-out-of-high school jobs. Some of it was dumb luck, but some of it was my parents being ****ing assholes (as how I perceived them back when I commited the fouls).

I really have to hand it to my parents for raising me the right way. I've learned to respect people who have been around the block and care for my well-being.

Llare said:
Spanking and whipping? Whipping? Jesus christ, ****ing unevolved parasites.

spanking doesnt make anything a death camp. saying that parents who spank are too lazy to do something else is like saying that people who work out are too lazy to not work out.

Quelfep said:
spanking doesnt make anything a death camp. saying that parents who spank are too lazy to do something else is like saying that people who work out are too lazy to not work out.

The only thing that prevented it from being a death camp was curley's brother's phone. :LUL:Z.

Curley...allow me to help you my friend.

Do all of the following, do not say a word to your parents.

1. Walk directly into the kitchen, wash and dry all the dishes, don't say a word to anyone.

2. Sweep kitchen.

3. Go around house, empty all garbage and take it out.

4. Go to your room, pick up everything, make your bed.

5. If you have a dog, go put the leash on it and take it for a walk.

6. Go to the laundry room, put a load in the washer, empty the drier, take it to your room and fold the laundry.

7. Once complete, go to your mom, give her a hug and a kiss and tell her that your sorry and you love her.

8. Go to your dad, tell him you will try to do better and give him a hug.

9. Do this every day for a week.

Enjoy WoW, your welcome.

Quelfep said:

Actually it's like saying that people who are fat are too lazy to work out. Which would be correct. I'm not gonna throw any American remarks around here though, that would be too easy. Beating a child is the easy form of parenting - since anything else takes knowledge and time getting into. Hence ->parenting<-. Beating someone up, is not parenting. In which case any bully hitting someone else would simply be parenting. Doh.

People who beat their child do it due to lack of other options, not knowing how else to deal with the situations. There's actually shows on parenting from frustrated parents who don't know what to do, it's a general problem. Sani, how can you comment on beating / not beating your children if you've never experienced it? Being hit by someone you trust and love is horrible thing and leaves scars that should be avoidable in the civilized world we 'supposedly' live in. I was hit as a child - unless you were as well I suggest you don't comment on things such as these.

And the same problem you mentioned with people not even being grown at 18, goes for parents as well. A lot, too many, people get children before they even have any idea how to raise children. Ignorance is no excuse, but the problem for many parents are that they don't know what else to do.

In Denmark it was made illegal to hit your children in 1997, and it was not a moment too soon, if anything it was way too late.

Appeal to their hearts instead of their rage. It will develop nothing good.

My 10 cents, my 2 cents is free.

lindenkron said:
Actually it's like saying that people who are fat are too lazy to work out. Which would be correct. I'm not gonna throw any American remarks around here though, that would be too easy. Beating a child is the easy form of parenting - since anything else takes knowledge and time getting into. Hence ->parenting<-. Beating someone up, is not parenting. In which case any bully hitting someone else would simply be parenting. Doh.

People who beat their child do it due to lack of other options, not knowing how else to deal with the situations. There's actually shows on parenting from frustrated parents who don't know what to do, it's a general problem. Sani, how can you comment on beating / not beating your children if you've never experienced it? Being hit by someone you trust and love is horrible thing and leaves scars that should be avoidable in the civilized world we 'supposedly' live in. I was hit as a child - unless you were as well I suggest you don't comment on things such as these.

And the same problem you mentioned with people not even being grown at 18, goes for parents as well. A lot, too many, people get children before they even have any idea how to raise children. Ignorance is no excuse, but the problem for many parents are that they don't know what else to do.

In Denmark it was made illegal to hit your children in 1997, and it was not a moment too soon, if anything it was way too late.

Appeal to their hearts instead of their rage. It will develop nothing good.

My 10 cents, my 2 cents is free.

TL/DR.

This generation is filled with asshole, Retarded, extremely impolite and stupid people.

This generation is filled with shitloads. I'm sorry, but screw these retarded law. I have a 90%+ average at college, I'm fully sucessful in what I want. I'm fully happy and have a good life. Hell.

And you know what? My parents already whip my ass. My father already tried to commit suicide, and used to be a drug and alcohol addicted. While on the other hand, my mother was depressed.

Guess what? It just made me a stronger person. I knew that I needed to do useful thing, I need notes in college because I know I don't want to be poor and I want recognization in our society, so I'm studying none stop to reach my goal and maybe a day end up as a Lawyer.

So all of you trying to say beatin' a kid will break him down or whatever, you are plain dumb. I'm sorry, but I have friends who got pregnant at the age of 14, freaking 14. You know what their parents did? Tell her it wasn't the right thing and she got aborted. 2 years later she was pregnant again. If my sister got pregnant at the age of 14, my parents would have filled out and beat her ass off. Atleast my sister never got pregnant and she's now in university studying to be a high-school teacher, she's a Budweiser Promotion girl and a HYPE promo-girl. She's having a really good life. Exactly like me

Will I ever beat my child, nope. Will I ever spank my child a little, probably. And if you don't like it, don't.

the problem is that you people (who seem all eu) think that these parents "beat" their child for the smallest transgression. i dont follow curleys posts but i havent seen any outrage over any past "beatings", so im assuming he did something retarded to warrant his 5 belt hits. he is in no real physical danger, and if he was smart he would learn from it and change his ways.

there are parents who will beat their child for the smallest thing, and actually beat the hell out of them. THAT is child abuse and is both lazy and wrong. however a spanking or hit on the ass with a belt for serious **** ups and to drive home a point is not anything to get your panties in a bunch over. its how shit was done in the past generations, and they turned out ok. think of the kid in the video druid linked. do you think that kids gonna wanna go be a gang banger and disrespect his family when he gets hit. he clearly disregarded his authority figure (uncle?) and then got further punishment...and it will keep him on the straight and narrow and off the streets. there was a time where it was ok for a bratty stupid child to get a swift slap when they where bitching and whining in the super market. now you have these nosy "new age" parents trying to call child protective services for the same thing, when their coddled children are really societies problem b/c they're allowed free reign and to be annoying snotty entitled twats

Bankbeauty said:
TL/DR.

This generation is filled with asshole, Retarded, extremely impolite and stupid people.

This generation is filled with shitloads. I'm sorry, but screw these retarded law. I have a 90%+ average at college, I'm fully sucessful in what I want. I'm fully happy and have a good life. Hell.

And you know what? My parents already whip my ass. My father already tried to commit suicide, and used to be a drug and alcohol addicted. While on the other hand, my mother was depressed.

Guess what? It just made me a stronger person. I knew that I needed to do useful thing, I need notes in college because I know I don't want to be poor and I want recognization in our society, so I'm studying none stop to reach my goal and maybe a day end up as a Lawyer.

So all of you trying to say beatin' a kid will break him down or whatever, you are plain dumb. I'm sorry, but I have friends who got pregnant at the age of 14, freaking 14. You know what their parents did? Tell her it wasn't the right thing and she got aborted. 2 years later she was pregnant again. If my sister got pregnant at the age of 14, my parents would have filled out and beat her ass off. Atleast my sister never got pregnant and she's now in university studying to be a high-school teacher, she's a Budweiser Promotion girl and a HYPE promo-girl. She's having a really good life. Exactly like me

Will I ever beat my child, nope. Will I ever spank my child a little, probably. And if you don't like it, don't.

So basically you're saying that because you're a decent human being and you got beaten that makes it alright? What about all the people that don't? That's extremely narrow minded. And as I stated earlier, people who beat their children usually sort to it as a last resort / don't know what else to do. If what you describe is correct then it would seem that your parents lacked other lacked surplus(not sure if that's the correct word, translator is bad mmkay) and that resulted in you being short lined. Having depressive and drug/alcohol addicted parents can resort in bad parenthood as well (not always though). You obviously TL/DR since you state the whole 14 year old girl shit. It's totally beside the point. I'm not saying you should go hippie/laissez faire upbringing. If you're not going to bother reading what is said then please stay out of this. I'm not interested in a one way discussion with someone that doesn't even bother reading the opposing opinions post.

Boiled down for your needs, what I said was: Raise children with emotions and not physically.

Falkor said:
the problem is that you people (who seem all eu) think that these parents "beat" their child for the smallest transgression. i dont follow curleys posts but i havent seen any outrage over any past "beatings", so im assuming he did something retarded to warrant his 5 belt hits. he is in no real physical danger, and if he was smart he would learn from it and change his ways.

there are parents who will beat their child for the smallest thing, and actually beat the hell out of them. THAT is child abuse and is both lazy and wrong. however a spanking or hit on the ass with a belt for serious **** ups and to drive home a point is not anything to get your panties in a bunch over. its how shit was done in the past generations, and they turned out ok. think of the kid in the video druid linked. do you think that kids gonna wanna go be a gang banger and disrespect his family when he gets hit. he clearly disregarded his authority figure (uncle?) and then got further punishment...and it will keep him on the straight and narrow and off the streets. there was a time where it was ok for a bratty stupid child to get a swift slap when they where bitching and whining in the super market. now you have these nosy "new age" parents trying to call child protective services for the same thing, when their coddled children are really societies problem b/c they're allowed free reign and to be annoying snotty entitled twats

Well America / EU have different cultures, and that being that I still think it's wrong hitting someone just because you "own" them. You brought them into this world yes, but children are a privilege, not a freaking right. It's like driving a car - privilege, not a right. That's what people don't seem to understand these days. And if you're allowed to spank/hit/beat your child and what not, who is to draw the line? That's always been the problem in so many countries which always led it to be easier to just disallow all together. And in regards to your movie any other points regarding "look what an idiot that child is, beat the shit out of him" oh my gosh:

YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT BABIES ARE BORN TO BE ANNOYING HARMFUL EVIL BRADS?

If you do then god(hypothetically) help you. We are all a product of our environment. Surroundings effect us. Obviously we all come to the world with different personalities and levels of different things such as how much aggravation we can take etc. But that's an whole other subject.

Basically, be loving understanding - boundary setting, firm parents. I'm not a parent. But start reading about parenting without child abuse / violence, watch some tv shows that show different ways of "training" your children. Treats works really well at younger ages.

Now, BB, there's a wall of text for you :p

Best regards,

Druiddroid said:
Hence why over here it's not a "last resort"

Hitting will always be a last resort in civilized cultures. How hitting your children are viewed might be more/less accepted depending on culture - which was my point. Also, I didn't know it was still legal over there - someone wrote in a previous post. That kind of surprised me. You sure about this? Maybe in Texas I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread