World of Warcraft MoP PTR is now up!!!

Yo my char just got on PTR , logged into Nobundo , no 20s online alliance side , do EU and US player end up on same Nobundo , if yea , ally swag on beta asap.
Btw disconnects every 3 minutes , 40 minutes in BG queu so far.

I doubt anyone is sitting through the DCs long enough to form a BG on the PTR. Most people just go on, test it out, notice the differences and lose interest. There is only one PTR, there's no difference between US/EU/Asia.

For everyone interested in upcoming mounts in MOP, here's a list of ones that have been announced/datamined:

Mists of Pandaria: New Mounts - Wowhead News

At the moment, the mounts that have a Lv20 requirement are:

Pandaren faction mounts, Dragon Turtles (6 color variations in total, yes, SIX!!!)
"Imperial Quilen", the MOP Collector's Edition Mount
Heart of the Nightwing (the new RAF mount)
NEW Engineering Rockets (1 for Goblin Specilization and 1 for Gnome Specialization, will need a P2P to get these unless Blizz extends our profession skill cap)

I am also looking for a confirmed/Blue list of ALL account-wide mounts... so I can decide whether or not to renew my P2P when MOP hits to farm mounts for my beloved Swagpurse... if anyone can find a full list, please let me know!

Raising my glass as a wish that they fix the disconnection issues, so we can get things started on the PTR. So Far I have dueled a Warlock, Druid, a Rogue and a hunter. Due to constant Dc'ing I can safely I only won one duel against a rogue legit, and the same can be said for the rogue. The nerfed Speed reduction on Crippling poison is nice. But With Double Time I was extremely hard to kite. Same for the druid, I was hard to kite, but his healing negated most of my damage, and with my Mortal Strike on a Cooldown I can barely generate enough rage. The Warlock decimated me, but she was Demo, also popping Dark Regeneration. I dueled a huntard named Felixcoo, and it was no contest. He just shot me to death point blank, but It was nice to know I had more HP than he did, especially pre-boa. Oh, and Balance Druids are OP as heck. even with Resil I still get hit for 900-1.1k HP starsurge, though that may be bad scaling. I also beat a pyro mage repeatedly. Double time once again very helpfull. All in all I think I am moderately happy with where Warriors are. still need work, but beggars can't be choosers, right? :)

Raising my glass as a wish that they fix the disconnection issues, so we can get things started on the PTR. So Far I have dueled a Warlock, Druid, a Rogue and a hunter. Due to constant Dc'ing I can safely I only won one duel against a rogue legit, and the same can be said for the rogue. The nerfed Speed reduction on Crippling poison is nice. But With Double Time I was extremely hard to kite. Same for the druid, I was hard to kite, but his healing negated most of my damage, and with my Mortal Strike on a Cooldown I can barely generate enough rage. The Warlock decimated me, but she was Demo, also popping Dark Regeneration. I dueled a huntard named Felixcoo, and it was no contest. He just shot me to death point blank, but It was nice to know I had more HP than he did, especially pre-boa. Oh, and Balance Druids are OP as heck. even with Resil I still get hit for 900-1.1k HP starsurge, though that may be bad scaling. I also beat a pyro mage repeatedly. Double time once again very helpfull. All in all I think I am moderately happy with where Warriors are. still need work, but beggars can't be choosers, right? :)

Hehe that was payback for lastmonth :)

after blizz fixes the d/c issue on the ptr we can have some proper duels.

also for those on the alliance side that haven't had a chance at running the updated ragefirechasm im thinking of scheduling a few runs tomorrow :) but thats if i have some time since i've been busy lately.

also if you're on alliance send a guild invite request to "Twink Info" or type "/who 20" and get someone already in the guild to invite you :D

Hehe that was payback for lastmonth :)

after blizz fixes the d/c issue on the ptr we can have some proper duels.

also for those on the alliance side that haven't had a chance at running the updated ragefirechasm im thinking of scheduling a few runs tomorrow :) but thats if i have some time since i've been busy lately.

also if you're on alliance send a guild invite request to "Twink Info" or type "/who 20" and get someone already in the guild to invite you :D

I still have some gold left on my Warrior. But I can't really quest for more Gold because unlike the Live Servers, I am actually getting Experience from Dungeons, and mobs. I didn't notice till my bar filled up like crazy. But if you need a tank I am there.

I still have some gold left on my Warrior. But I can't really quest for more Gold because unlike the Live Servers, I am actually getting Experience from Dungeons, and mobs. I didn't notice till my bar filled up like crazy. But if you need a tank I am there.

stop killing things and lock your xp, if you're short on gold just ask around in stormwind. a helpfull 85 gave me 50g yesterday so i could lock my xp lol

If you need gold, fish. Either that or copy your characters across a couple times and send their gold to you main character. If you have rage issues, which you will since you only generate rage from white hits, get a rage pot. Can only use it once per time in combat and every two mins but I expect good warriors, assuming there are any, to be using a lot of them in MP.

If you need gold, fish. Either that or copy your characters across a couple times and send their gold to you main character. If you have rage issues, which you will since you only generate rage from white hits, get a rage pot. Can only use it once per time in combat and every two mins but I expect good warriors, assuming there are any, to be using a lot of them in MP.

Yes, unfortunately it seems that Rage pots will be mandatory.

So its agreed Demo Locks are really, really OP. Ah well..... I guess warlocks needed the buff, since they were pretty much the lowest class in the bracket. I sincerely hope blizz will up the rage generation of Battle Stance before it hits live.

So its agreed Demo Locks are really, really OP. Ah well..... I guess warlocks needed the buff, since they were pretty much the lowest class in the bracket. I sincerely hope blizz will up the rage generation of Battle Stance before it hits live.

Would definitely argue the notion that warlocks are the weakest in the bracket.

Why do you think that demo are OP in MoP? The damage output is slightly lacking...

Would definitely argue the notion that warlocks are the weakest in the bracket.

Why do you think that demo are OP in MoP? The damage output is slightly lacking...

Of course it depends on the player, but the warlocks ain't hard in this bracket.

Did enhancement shammies really lose the 6% hit? I was hoping it was a wowhead mistake...

Of course it depends on the player, but the warlocks ain't hard in this bracket.

It's level 20; no class is 'hard'. But he wasn't making mention to their difficulty, he was talking about their effectiveness.

I'm still curious why ExLegion thinks demo are OP in MoP. I get... ~200 soul fires while other classes are running around getting 900+ crits.

It's level 20; no class is 'hard'. But he wasn't making mention to their difficulty, he was talking about their effectiveness.

I'm still curious why ExLegion thinks demo are OP in MoP. I get... ~200 soul fires while other classes are running around getting 900+ crits.

Demos effectiveness is increased very much actually. Pets actually do hurt this time around, and their kiting is significantly more powerful thanks to Meta leap, and the Hand of Guldan, giving them the snare locks at this level desperately needed (Not including Conflag's snare). I'm fully BiS save for the shoulders and the axe. and I could just barely beat the warlock I found in Guru. He beat me, then beat the other war when he was at half life. but Dark Regeneration was up by that time. He never even used his Voidwalker's Disarm to beat us. Idk what you are saying Soulfire hit me for more than 200. It still takes a good player to play a warlock effectively, but its definitely certain that Warlocks are stronger than they are on live. Definitely nothing to snub your nose at. Sadly mages seem to have gotten the short end of a stick as I beat a pyro mage twice, and she barely ever got me down to below 35% hp. Its all just opinion, but Warlocks might actually be a threat.

Edit: Actually the first few fights I had with the Warlock he never even deigned to cast Soulfire, he just kited like a boss while I slowly died to his pet and dots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread