World Drop Farming Compendium (ilvl 28 BoEs)

I farm with a second account tho, using a high level monk with the statue.
I never thought of this even though my level 60 alt on my main account is already a monk, this makes farming this area a lot better and will probably help with other areas a lot as well, ty for the tip.

As for the mobs at Brooks hold, I wasn't really able to find any areas near there with good density or fast respawns so for now I think I'm going to be sticking to the imps while using my monk for aggro.

I have not though I just got my first world drop relic but I guees I was misinformed because it was only a +4 relic not the +7 everyone was saying?
*sigh*

+7 relics are acquired by level 24-25 toons who then give them to level 20s. If youre f2p and cant trade, your best relics will come from dungeons and quests, with your fingers crossed real hard hoping for an epic upgrade (from quests only, not dungeons).

I wasn't really able to find any areas near there with good density or fast respawns

Sorry, like I said i never got to check it. I believe the person was talking for solo-farmers so for monk it wouldnt be best... when I did the imps with my 50+ monk I set him in the middle with the statue doing occasional AoE and pulled with my twink. It worked pretty good at the imps, but its waaaaay better for non-cloth armor and jewelry in stormheim where i mentioned.

So I'm farming the imps valsharah for the shadow relic and I'm having some struggles. I'm finding actually aggro the imps off of the grizzlies is an issue as well as it seems like a decent amount of the imps simply aren't even dropping loot when they die. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, has anyone found any better and/or less annoying spots to farm in valsharah? I'm using a level 24 mage as my farmer if that matters for anything.
Are the Imps health bars turning grey? That causes them not to drop loot. I'd give the top of black rook hold a shot. I'll see about formatting that spot.
I have not though I just got my first world drop relic but I guees I was misinformed because it was only a +4 relic not the +7 everyone was saying?
Your character has to be lvl 24 to get +7 world drop relics, I'll add a more explicit explanation to the OP.

Are the Imps health bars turning grey? That causes them not to drop loot. I'd give the top of black rook hold a shot. I'll see about formatting that spot.

Your character has to be lvl 24 to get +7 world drop relics, I'll add a more explicit explanation to the OP.

Top of black rook hold is only during legion invasions. Then it is a decent spot. For else i would go to one of the islands off the ciast farming murlocs and markura if your solo farming. And specificly need the life and shadow relics.

You could also use a high level char with herbalism and boost yourself through darkheart thicket.
That way you can make it into a dreamleaf farm at the same time as farming with a 24-25 char for the items you need. In case you need gold aswell.

Other Val'sharah farming spot for ilvl 28 boes and shadow and life relics. The farm west of Bradensbrook and south of Black Rook Hold. There's more distance to cover to tag mobs (birds and night elves), but at least they respawn at a decent rate.

I've tried other Val'Sharah spots like the murloc island, harpies, moonkins, and naga but their respawn rates aren't good and/or distance to cover stinks. Mentioning the Bradensbrook farm as on my server the boomkin bot army has taken over the imp spot making it nearly impossible to tag mobs.

Pulling up my farming notes. 5 weeks farming with one L50 and one L24. Last 2 weeks with one L50 and two 24s:
Total relic drops: 406
Lockboxes: 307

Around 8-10 hours of imp farming got 7 shadow and 10 life relics. And +3 more life relics from the 307 lockboxes. So yeah, just keep grinding mobs like there's no tomorrow.

Is there any lvl 28 trinket avaliable? I personally farm blood trolls in nazmir, in the south, east of the horde flight point. many lvl 22 weapon drops, but i also got enough other stuff. Drop chance for a green item is about 0,9%. Farming for about 10 hours now.

Last edited:
Quick tip for those farming greens in Nazmir. Set your Hearthstone to the inkeeper at Fort Victory so you have a teleport to Zandalar and not going by the boat every time. There is even a teleport to Boralus from Dockmaster here so you won't loose your HS at Boralus (if you have it set there).

ALSO
I was farming Nazmir on my 20 F2P here and for me the best seems to be the blood trolls next to Zul'jan Ruins.
Have you tried the faceless subjugators? According to wowhead they have a really high drop chance on greens, namely rings, but after farming many myself i found that not to be the case. Curious if other people have tried them as well.

Have you tried the faceless subjugators? According to wowhead they have a really high drop chance on greens, namely rings, but after farming many myself i found that not to be the case. Curious if other people have tried them as well.
I have killed 1354 faceless subjugators. I haven't gotten any rings from them either, but they do still make a decent farming spot for solos / small groups.

Edit: I should say, this doesn't necessarily disprove the ring drop rate, it could be that we've both gotten unlucky.

Drop rate from faceless subjugators isn't as high as wohead says. It is the same as everywhere else.

I've been having decent success farming with a 50+ main BM monk and 24/5 puller, tons more than leeching off the bots in Drustvar with one of my 20s... but probably more sockets per drop with the drustvar mobs? Overall?

Nice thing about legion is the jewelry, relics, and no weapons, Drustvar feels like it's 50% weapon drops so that is meh.

As far as an actual number... I dont know. 20-30 ilvl 28 an hour maybe? But most are vendor trash. And that's just me and my 2 toons generating the respawns, I'd expect a group of 24 would have more volume killed so more drops.

I might farm an hour or so later, I'll keep it all to see. For me socket+tert are very low rate, just FYI. Usually bad slots.

edit- little less than an hour with some full bag issues:
LlSi5HS.png

Plus 3-4 others I put in a different bag just to make sure I didnt vendor them by accident, one of which was socket/leech:
c6OnNgA.png

All in all like 6 decent drops I kept? The socket neck was a rarity so that was nice... oh and an iron relic too, other bag.
Oops, and 3-4 lockboxes too.

Last edited:
Nice neck, Warglave. Jealous for my upcoming healer.

What's your average number of boe's you get when farming on a 24/25 in Legion zones?

I have no idea if what I'm doing is efficient or not lol

I run a 50 BM and two 24s. Around 30-45 greens an hour per level 24. I only keep socket items these days, maybe 4-8 per hour per level 24.

Lockboxes are a crapshoot. One night opened 10 and almost every box gave an item with socket. Tonight opened 30 boxes and zero socketed items.

Best things that improved my efficiency:
  • Listened to others here and made a brewmaster monk. Statue taunt, able to roll/speed 3 times, ranged pull, multiple aoe damage for melting mobs fast, can heal others if needed.
  • Having own multiple 24/25 along to increase drop amount for time spent.
  • Have a vendor mount. I usually vendor greys and garbage greens every 10 minutes. With BM monk, can vendor while pressing aoe keys while statue or other party members pull.
  • Partying with one or two other players to increase throughput. Also allows everyone to take turns if they want to go get food, bio, watch youtube/netflix, even play in BG on other toon, but still collect loot every couple minutes.

I run a 50 BM and two 24s.

Have you noticed any difference in active vs. passive loot quantity? Meaning I would swear that one pulling or doing AoE gets more greens than one sitting idle doing nothing but looting, when I've had more than just my 2 accounts.

Cant prove it, but feels it over several sessions... of course now it's in my head so I swap all over to spread damage. :rolleyes:

But since that paranoid adjustment I've gotten many more drops than before. Could be coincidence, of course.

Lockboxes are a crapshoot. One night opened 10 and almost every box gave an item with socket. Tonight opened 30 boxes and zero socketed items.
Definitely noticed this.

I'll have to record some numbers/time because I just run my 25 prot pally and have had... similarly good luck it seems. I'll get back with real stats when I can, Insanely busy day...

I usually just farm between queues/when its a total one sided stomp, or when I feel like turning my brain off lol

Have you noticed any difference in active vs. passive loot quantity? Meaning I would swear that one pulling or doing AoE gets more greens than one sitting idle doing nothing but looting, when I've had more than just my 2 accounts.

My two 24s sit idle 99.9% of the time now (I used to pull more with my haste ice lance mage, but found the monk had 40 yard lightning LOL--I'm very lazy learning new toons).

Stats from farming by myself:
1 hour felskorn - 3/6/2021

Level 50
  • junk greens 32
  • socket 6
  • relic 1
  • lockbox 1

Level 24
  • junk greens 26
  • socket 3
  • relic 2
  • lockbox 2

Level 24
  • junk greens 28
  • socket 2
  • relic 2
  • lockbox 2
Numbers are fairly close on a small sample. Likely no "bonus loot" for participating in a mob kill.

I remember a day last week where one of my 24's had twice as much "keeper loot" in her bags as the other 24. Randomization, what can you do.

My two 24s sit idle 99.9% of the time now (I used to pull more with my haste ice lance mage, but found the monk had 40 yard lightning LOL--I'm very lazy learning new toons).

Stats from farming by myself:
1 hour felskorn - 3/6/2021

Level 50
  • junk greens 32
  • socket 6
  • relic 1
  • lockbox 1

Level 24
  • junk greens 26
  • socket 3
  • relic 2
  • lockbox 2

Level 24
  • junk greens 28
  • socket 2
  • relic 2
  • lockbox 2
Numbers are fairly close on a small sample. Likely no "bonus loot" for participating in a mob kill.

I remember a day last week where one of my 24's had twice as much "keeper loot" in her bags as the other 24. Randomization, what can you do.

Hi,
How does this work?
Three separate accounts and all chars in the same party and party sync?
How often do you loot?
Does the lvl 50 get ilvl 28 greens too?

Thanks!

No party sync, just 3 accounts grouped in normal non-chromie time.

The 24/5s will get ilvl 28 and the 50+ gets ilvl 48 level 39 required BoE.

How often to loot is a question i have myself, I always worry i might lose something to a corpse despawn lol. If you're piling up bodies, every 20 seconds or so (quicker to be safe). But I guess loot them all around the same time?

I noticed when in drustvar on my 20 the bot's corpses disappeared wayyy faster, i'm assuming cuz they loot on a set interval or something. I thought it was getting phased, but I think it's just a time limit on looting once someone has.

I noticed when in drustvar on my 20 the bot's corpses disappeared wayyy faster, i'm assuming cuz they loot on a set interval or something.
if theyre similar (or even the same) bots I leech off of out in drustvar then one of them has skinning and skins the corpses pretty consistently. Gotta be quick on the loot button.

Users who are viewing this thread