Who is the most dedicated 29 twink in our Bracket?

the XP off 24's existed longer than the XP off 29's have.

4.0 arrives in November of 2010 and divides the brackets up into x0-x4, x5-x9 effectively ending 29's being the highest level in the 20-29 bracket

This seems to be the flaw in your argument. In theory, XP off 29s and 24s have existed ever since the implementation of the XP off/on system (Even though I don't know of any XP off 24s at the time, there very well may have been). There likely weren't many who rolled 24s when it was first released due to the high end of the bracket being 29. When the bracket was split and 24s increased in popularity, it did not erase the 29 bracket from existence.

You could argue that XP off 24s and XP off 29s have existed for the same length of time. 29s as a community have been around much longer.

Your claim is false and can be proven to be so.

Not that it really matters. You will continue this because that's who you are and what you believe.

Think again partner... I will break it down mathematically for you
3.2 arrives in August of 2009 this harkens the arrival of XP off. Approximately 14 months later...
4.0 arrives in November of 2010 and divides the brackets up into x0-x4, x5-x9 effectively ending 29's being the highest level in the 20-29 bracket, that crown goes to another level, until...
6.0 arrives in October of 2014, which is an entire 35 months later.
Now, if you add in the 12 months since 6.0 has become effective and the 14 months before the brackets were divided, That only adds up to 26 months. Which is about 9 months shy of the lenth of time that the 20-24 bracket existed.
Comprende? Good...
Your lesson is done for the day.

/cheers

What part about 29s played xp off in every expansion that xp off has existed dont you understand?

29s played xp off in wotlk, 24 didnt even exist then, and when 20-24 did exist, 25-29 was a functioning xp off bracket, get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
What part about 29s played xp off in every expansion that xp off has existed dont you understand?

29s played xp off in wotlk, 24 didnt even exist then, and when 20-24 did exist, 25-29 was a functioning xp off bracket, get it?

Do I really need to spell it out again?
I mean come on, I even quoted patches with months and years.
I will try once more.
Yes, you are correct for a short time in Wrath level 29's enjoyed the XP off bracket of 20-29. Then during Wrath 4.0 hit, the prepatch. It was then that the bracket as we know it now got broken up into two brackets. At that point 25-29's all but died. Yes, they continued to have XP off, like their 20-24 counterparts, but little to no games popped. In the meantime the 20-24 bracket was flourishing for three years having instant pops. I mean INSTANT. Then the bracket merged. And, much like a business merger the 25-29's were absorbed by the 20-24 bracket. And now the 29's reap the benefit of that absorption. There is nothing wrong with that.
So, in a way, for 35 months the 29's lay all but dormant. As did many other brackets that have become reawakened since the merger.
Like it or not, it took the merger to awaken them again.
Have a nice day.

/cheers

29's rarely got games. They just bragged about their grandfather gear. And how OP is really was not.

Do you think people skipped from 23 to 25? Did the number 24 recently get invented? That is a new one.

/cheers

29s did "not all but die" after 4.0.. for nearly the entire expansion 29s had scheculed game nights 2-3 days per week, no it was not every day but for nearly the entire expansion 25-29 games were a thing, im done with this conversation now because youre about dense af

And I never said 29s were more active than 24 either so im not sure why youre even bringing that up

and i also realize 29s are only popping now because of trials, in mop we didnt even get pug games we had to wargame bgs and arena to play our 29s, another thing you prob didnt even know took place

This seems to be the flaw in your argument. In theory, XP off 29s and 24s have existed ever since the implementation of the XP off/on system (Even though I don't know of any XP off 24s at the time, there very well may have been). There likely weren't many who rolled 24s when it was first released due to the high end of the bracket being 29. When the bracket was split and 24s increased in popularity, it did not erase the 29 bracket from existence.

You could argue that XP off 24s and XP off 29s have existed for the same length of time. 29s as a community have been around much longer.

Your claim is false and can be proven to be so.

Not that it really matters. You will continue this because that's who you are and what you believe.

Finally someone with some good points. Would have been better if had not thrown in that personal attack.

My original point was to the person that was bitching about a person that had lot of HKs was not qualified to "dedicated" 29 because many of their HKs were gotten on a level 24.
My rebuttal to that was, and apparently I did not make it CRYSTAL CLEAR enough for some people(not all) on TI since they have a habit of picking apart my words, I will quote my original post here for you.

It is the 20-29 now. And has been for year. The XP off 20-24 existed longer than the XP off 20-29 bracket lasted up to that point and up to this point put together. So, any level 24 that level up to level 29 really should have more HKs than a 29.

An older level 29, pre XP off, had to be very very careful not to go over on experience when getting gear. Pre3.2, we could not farm gear for hours endlessly. We had to be creative. There was an "art" to twinking. There were a hell of a lot less twinks around. That is how this site came into existence. Now that it is much easier to make one, not that it is a bad thing, you can see that the information on the site has taken a downward spiral.

/cheers

I think EVERYONE either missed that post, did not read it or has forgotten it. In my receding posts when referring to "24's" and "29's" I am referring to the entire bracket. Not just one level. I presumed if someone was here to read a forum thread they would at least read it in it's entirety instead of just jumping to the last page and making a comment. Perhaps I expect too much of the members here on TI.

/cheers

no it really isnt, the names i listed have done more for this bracket than ANYBODY that plays this game

other names to consider if they still played that nobody even knows would be Hook, Coconutz, Huargo, Poisonblades, and... the former GM of <Glass Shooter ftl> whos name eludes me atm if somebody that remembers could help me on that... all pioneers of the once great 29 bracket that has dwindled into... this
Wtscrits was the GM of GSFTL(originally Fap Fap Sapper) and funded pretty much the ENTIRE XP off migration. Team Play,to this day even, has done more premades than anyone else in the 20-29 bracket, across battlegroups and on the PTR. [MENTION=813]Balroy[/MENTION] . Imho, as one of the oldest 29s here,the most dedicated 29 is Franchi. It's not even close. The guy used to sit outside McDonald's for free Wi-Fi to play 29s because he didn't have internet.

Wtscrits i knew i was going to feel dumb for not remembering his name when i heard it lol.. Youre right about him, and Luplis, who was one of the main reasons 29s got wargames in mop along with donteventrii

no it really isnt, the names i listed have done more for this bracket than ANYBODY that plays this game

other names to consider if they still played that nobody even knows would be Hook, Coconutz, Huargo, Poisonblades, and... the former GM of <Glass Shooter ftl> whos name eludes me atm if somebody that remembers could help me on that... all pioneers of the once great 29 bracket that has dwindled into... this

I played with Hook, aka Pog and Wocket and Coconutz aka Healzforu alot back in the day when we where in IRAU guild.

I don't know or care about who played longer in which expansions, but cata was the the most fun and retarded expansion 200-400 hks per Bg in a timed 25 mins. Most people racked up their blood thirsty title because of cata.

wotlk was fun In 19s not capping flag n holding up wsgs up for 3- 7 hours no flag debuff/ damage control titles you actually had to grind for gear too a while. loyalty was Huge in a guild being in certain battleground mattered and it was pride.

If I had to pick someone out of that list, Thotfc. I have like 25 twinks in this bracket though :p I'd say im pretty dedicated hehe

If I had to pick someone out of that list, Thotfc. I have like 25 twinks in this bracket though :p I'd say im pretty dedicated hehe

I believe that goes back to one of my earlier posts concerning the accessment of "what defines dedicated". The someone questioned my reasoning behind my accessment. And that now you verify one of those points in it. kek...

Definately have to agree with [MENTION=11098]Honey badger[/MENTION] in post #76 .

/cheers

There was SO many people who played 29s during cata and a decent amount in MOP... What the fuck is that old man talking about? Cata 29s was some of the most fun iv ever had playing a twink. Nastey, my boy lup, franchi,tapout,zelpher, plus many others. Oh and my girl Dak <3

Users who are viewing this thread