Weather Beaten Fishing hat?

im making a druid, im gonna use grey gear, 2 agms, bone fishing pole and the weatherbeaten fishing hat. WIP starting soon!!

I noticed that there is also a jeweled fishing pole that can drop in the bag that has the same stats as the bone fishing pole, except that it lacks the +40 Shadow resist. Each of the poles has a 0.4% drop rate, while the hat has a 1.1% drop rate.

I find it amusing that not many people made a big fuss about this b4 when we knew it was obtainable, but now that some1 actually has it ppl are QQing.

Rayu I think ur funny, everytime some kind of item comes along that is difficult to get you try to be all self righteous and lie to people saying that " Oh I got this but then I told a GM and he took it away, so don't bother trying for it" you did the same thing with Shattered sun rep and the weather beaten fishing hat, but we know it never happened. who are you trying to fool?

The weather beaten hat is harder to get than the SF imo.

I'm betting that the majority of the people that have posted in this thread haven't tried or weren't trying to get the hat since the Kaluak tourney started.

Bone fishing pole isn't the BIS druid weapon obtainable. PM me if ya wanna know what is.

Omg dat guy has 250 more hp than me :<<< Had to play through half an expansion of grandfathered proffesions and exploits and your whining about a fishing hat a score few will get? Get over it and go max fishing.

twinks whining over better gear :rolleyes:

here comes the fan club ↓

Spite said:
Omg dat guy has 250 more hp than me :<<< Had to play through half an expansion of grandfathered proffesions and exploits and your whining about a fishing hat a score few will get? Get over it and go max fishing.

This is the entire reason for whining in the thread, dont you get it? We recognize that a select group of people twink because they want to outgear everyone and beat people due to gear differences instead of skill differences. Another group of us twink because we enjoy a hard 'gear cap' that allows us to build toons relatively QUICKLY.

For those of you who enjoy spending hundreds of hours on toons finishing them off by farming repeatedly, theres already an outlet for that BUILT INTO THE GAME. Its called 'level 80 pvp' With this form of 'twinking' you level a toon to 19..... THEN JUST KEEP GOING. I know this is advanced topic matter here, so Ill cut this off now instead of giving an indepth analysis, but realistically you can level a toon to 80 (and spend less money, since transfers wont be involved) _and_ gear him out COMPLETELY in the time it takes you to 'perfect' a level 19 twink.

Everyone needs to quit crying about the damn hat. 400 more health and some spirit won't make anyone a better player. And its available to anyone that cares to spend the time it takes to get it. I have 4 19s and have yet to get the 15 stam fishing hat on any of them, but do you see me crying? No.

If you're still butthurt over the hat, go level your fishing and fish in Northred on Saturday. I already have my fishing location planned out.

Also, I don't know the exact "drop" rate, but I do the fishing dailies on my 80 and I have 3 Jewled fishing poles, 2 Bone fishing poles, and 2 Weather Beaten hats. I got all of those over the course of 2 months, doing the Northrend daily every day.

Also, I don't know the exact "drop" rate, but I do the fishing dailies on my 80 and I have 3 Jewled fishing poles, 2 Bone fishing poles, and 2 Weather Beaten hats. I got all of those over the course of 2 months, doing the Northrend daily every day.

as said b4 in the thread, dailys min lvl 70, and drop rate from the bag is 1.1% according to wowhead

This is the entire reason for whining in the thread, dont you get it? We recognize that a select group of people twink because they want to outgear everyone and beat people due to gear differences instead of skill differences. Another group of us twink because we enjoy a hard 'gear cap' that allows us to build toons relatively QUICKLY

well then, go with engi (or is it unfair that gnomes will be able to use googels with 1 more stam and spri on?) and no boas if u wanna make it fair and quick to make a toon, there is still inbalance between the classes nomatter what...

If you blew the competition away, what's the real point in twinking? I'd understand a gigantic ego, because I used to "blow the competition away", but that does get boring, eventually. And the majority of skilled twinks nowadays wants fairness.

Fairness, that will be obtainable when every1 rolls the same race and class, with the same gear.

AGM = easy to get.

oh ye, its really ezmode on a server full with twinks, or a high pop server

^note the irony^

STV fishing #1 contest : reward hat, lvl 1 can get it

WOTLK fishing #2 contest : reward hat, lvl 1 can get it

not to be a bitch, but min lvl for fishing is 5...

ah yeah, its harry thats the superhero snakeman guy, rons the gay ginger friend

ty for making this thread into something thats funny tbh :)

and last of all, about nerfing/grandfathering and obtaining the WBFH:

blizz did not grandfather the old hat

the fishing boots where easy to enchant, one reason to why they got grandfathered

getting WBFH is as hard as getting the old one, it got a drop rate (and remember those of u doing some maths, it doesent stack/increase...)

blizz is, as claimed b4 in the thread, not dumb, they know that its obtainable for lowbies, and they dont give shit, coz its the same for all that want/can get it, so it is not unfair

and the spri, id say some casters could need a buff, tho some not'

just stop the QQing, if it gets nerfed/grandfathered, it gets nerfed/grandfathered

if unchanged, its unchanged, it will take a week or 2, then we´ll see, and more ppl will prolly have it by then...

SpikeTheSilent said:
as said b4 in the thread, dailys min lvl 70, and drop rate from the bag is 1.1% according to wowhead

I never use wowhead to determine actual drop rates.

I know you can't do the dailies at 19. I was just using that as an example. I've received roughly 65 or so fishing bags and those were the highlights of my rewards from them. I have yet to get the pet, which is the only reason I leveled fishing on my 80. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dailies and the special fish (shark?!?!) give the same fishing bag as a reward. You can only get one bag a week (at 19) as far as I know, so it would take quite a bit longer depending on your luck, but its not hard.

not to be a bitch, but min lvl for fishing is 5...

I had also forgotten this until I made my druid and tried to level fishing. But you really have to get level 10 to get the next rank in fishing. So if you want a decent chance at the shark, you have to be level 10, and get fishing up to 450. But it might be theoretically possible to get it at level 5.

blizzard will nerf it so it's not even worth the effort.

blizzard nerf'd fishing boots and those aren't nearly as OP as this hat.

Reshonek said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dailies and the special fish (shark?!?!) give the same fishing bag as a reward. You can only get one bag a week (at 19) as far as I know, so it would take quite a bit longer depending on your luck, but its not hard.

You can get more than 1 in a week but consider yourself lucky if you do end up getting one. I've gotten a total of 3 over the course of 8 weeks. so at this pace you might end up getting around 20 for the whole year if you fish every week.

Theoretically, you should be able to get 2 or maybe even 3 bags by catching the shark, hearthing to dal, turning it in, going back to fish some more, catching another one, waiting for hearth cd, and hearthing back to dal, etc. It's the heard cooldown that is the real limit here, given that the shark is unique and you can only have one in your bags at a time.

I don't know for sure, but if you have a warlock or two in your party to summon you, or mages to do portals back and forth, you might be able to turn one in every time you catch one, at which point the sky is the limit. Maybe a guild can group up and go fish together and hire a mage to stand by them and port them to dal whenever needed.

I found that I catch the shark in the first ten minutes, but never so far after that, even though I've gone back to fish some more after catching the first one.

glancealot said:
blizzard will nerf it so it's not even worth the effort.

blizzard nerf'd fishing boots and those aren't nearly as OP as this hat.

the major reason to why the boots was grandfathered was that it was easy to enchant them, the hat on the other hand is bop, and was harder to but a libram ench on, and for some reason it seems more ppl where getting the boots

and dont say the WILL nerf it, coz they havent done that yet...

A lot has been said already and I don't want to take side. I just want to state something for people who are going to try and fish for it. Remember in order to have a chance at the hat you have to fish a shark and LOSE the tournament. This means that you could catch the shark before anyone else. At that time would you be willing to wait for someone to turn it in first and lose the tournament therefore losing the "Dread Pirate Ring." Would you willing to take that 1 percent chance and hold on to the shark or would turn it in and get your ring? Think about that before you go fishing. This is assuming you are luckier than the other 1000 that's fishing. Now I don't know about you gangsters but I don't think I would take that chance. I would take the ring and run.

SpikeTheSilent said:
the major reason to why the boots was grandfathered was that it was easy to enchant them, the hat on the other hand is bop, and was harder to but a libram ench on, and for some reason it seems more ppl where getting the boots

and dont say the WILL nerf it, coz they havent done that yet...

The boots weren't grandfathered, or else you would still be able to wear them. And Blizzard didn't slap a level req. on them because they were "easy to enchant." The hat will probably be fixed soon; i doubt Blizzard's intent was to make this hat available at a level as early as 10.

The boots were definately taken out cause they were easy to enchant with TBC enchants that actually make a difference (sorry but chest enchants for inferno robe really aren't OP) otherwise they would have taken out LFH and we'd all be wearing goggles

Rivfader said:
The boots were definately taken out cause they were easy to enchant with TBC enchants that actually make a difference (sorry but chest enchants for inferno robe really aren't OP) otherwise they would have taken out LFH and we'd all be wearing goggles

Sorry to sound rude, but you're a moron if you think there's a difference between inferno robe / LFH / Fishing boots.

Obtainable by all, equal for all, BiS for all. (The boots is, that is.)

End, of, discussion.

just pointing out the reason blizz thought they needed to be removed from 19, next time read the post before making an ass out of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread