Weather Beaten Fishing hat?

Kore nametooshort said:
Jesus, you're as bad as some of the trolls on the wow forums. And the two are completely incomparable, its not an opinion, its a fact. Despite the fact that they roughly boost the owners stats by a similar margin the method of obtaining them are so completely differnt that they cant be compared in terms of OPness. Leg armours weren't OP because all they required was a couple hundred gold which the vast majority of people had, thus everyone was on a level playing field. This item requires vast amounts of time and huge amounts of luck, which are vastly rarer comodities than gold. I've also already stated why its different to LFH.

just cause they were easily obtainable makes them NOT OP? wtf? are u stupid?

wow. just wow.

squidmagnet said:
If that were the case, why would I have taken a screenshot and posted it on the ruin forums and started all this press coverage?

I don't want to get banned though. And some people seem to think it is possible. Blizz still hasn't answered my own ticket on it, asking if I'm allowed to use it. So it remains to be seen.

fair enought then :p I didn't really paid attention on who posted, and who had that twink, but I didn't understand why you would take it off ;p anyway trust me it will happen nothing to you, you have done nothing wrong at all, gamemasters are slow, takes 48h or something

you shouldn't even make a ticket yourself because there you are pointing out yourself that it might be out of line, which it's not, blizzard knows lvl 1 can participate, and if they couldn't win all rewards, then why would they participate in the first place

btw at least this confirm that this item works, because I know a friend of friend was saying like it wasnt working or some shit, and he said he got it 2 weeks ago, but you did post, so gratz, I guess many have it alrdy but they either tend to lie, or not admit it like it's top secret, etc hillarious, they want to keep it for themself, I just hope at least they are putting a good use of it...

Did this really need to become personal?

It's a discussion, everyone's opinions are to be respected equally. Agreed or not.

FTR, I hope they put a level rec on it. At 1% drop rate, even if you catch the maximum 2 sharks per saturday, it will take the average person 6 months to get it. And based on some reports, and my own experience, getting one shark per derby may be hoping for too much. It's definitely too hard to do when you have multiple twinks you are trying to perfect. Lottery ticket indeed. I haven't been playing my hunter much since I got it. Sometimes I don't think I should use the hat. Was crutching on better gear only fair when we were doing it to noobs, and not each other? But with other hunters pwning me by crutching on shards and such, IDK. Maybe I'll just get some shards and only use them when my opponent does and I notice it. Or maybe I'll just use the hat and to hell with the critics.

squidmagnet said:
FTR, I hope they put a level rec on it. At 1% drop rate, even if you catch the maximum 2 sharks per saturday, it will take the average person 6 months to get it. And based on some reports, and my own experience, getting one shark per derby may be hoping for too much. It's definitely too hard to do when you have multiple twinks you are trying to perfect. Lottery ticket indeed. I haven't been playing my hunter much since I got it. Sometimes I don't think I should use the hat. Was crutching on better gear only fair when we were doing it to noobs, and not each other? But with other hunters pwning me by crutching on shards and such, IDK. Maybe I'll just get some shards and only use them when my opponent does and I notice it. Or maybe I'll just use the hat and to hell with the critics.

You obtained it fair and square. Don't be listenin to them haters. If I had the head (could be bothered fishing satursdays haha!) I'd be abusing it. Constantly using <3.

And to that thing about some calculations with 6 months or what not. Fishing hat is only slightly higher chance. Yet you still see everyone running around with fishing hat? And it took me 9 months to get fishing hat. So take them numbers and shuff em somewhere dark ;)

Fortunate said:
Then I'm no longer a twink, it was all about blowing away the competition not holding everyone's hands to make things fair. But those ways of life have been long gone since bc when all of you kids decided to take an interest in "twinking".

If you blew the competition away, what's the real point in twinking? I'd understand a gigantic ego, because I used to "blow the competition away", but that does get boring, eventually. And the majority of skilled twinks nowadays wants fairness.

I twink for balanced PvP. The thing about this hat is that it's "Neutral", just like AGM is neutral (since 3.2). You can't really say it's aimed at anyone specific, because everyone can get it. Spellthread was Specific, and so was leg armor (though spellcasters did use it as well, for the stamina.) Therefore it's not as big of an impact as something that gives a particular class it's stat. However, the +40 spirit could be heavily geared towards clothies.

Mazurati said:
just cause they were easily obtainable makes them NOT OP? wtf? are u stupid?

wow. just wow.

Yes, you got it in one.

The leg enchants were OP for their level, granted. However they were not OP for twinking, since everyone had them so everyone was the same, all other things being equal.

Kore nametooshort said:
Yes, you got it in one.

The leg enchants were OP for their level, granted. However they were not OP for twinking, since everyone had them so everyone was the same, all other things being equal.

Now you're just arguing semantics to make yourself look right.

Kore nametooshort said:
nuh uh, well maybe alittle, but i do have a point. This is incomparable with leg armours with respect to OPness.

whateva u smokin pass it bro

Kore nametooshort said:
nuh uh, well maybe alittle, but i do have a point. This is incomparable with leg armours with respect to OPness.

No. Your classification of OPness differs.

In your terms:

40StamHat > Lifeblood > AGM > Gear > Leg Armor.

Let's go and say SF is OP because it's harder to get than the 40 Stam Hat.

iaccidentallytwink said:

In your terms:

Exactly.

Like in my awesome (personal preference) thread previously quoting Wikipedia... If you can get it, it's BiS, you get it cus you A TWINK BOI.

iaccidentallytwink said:

In your terms:

What is the minimum amount of time it would take to get Lifeblood, AGM, and a SF. My guess is that these can all be obtained in less than a week: 3 days for the transfer cooldown to obtain a shadowfang from a seller and 3 days transfer cool down to transfer to a low pop server to get AGMX2. Lifeblood is not hard to get...

anything that involves drop rates for BOP items can be either incredibly easy or impossible to get.

we don't call LFH OP cause you can get screwed by the drop rate, that can take just as long as this prolly will, as twinky

Go ahead big boy, get your hat, feel proud, spam /y: I'm a BiSed out Twink AHAH. Then Blizz will fix and GG more cry. This Is why I hate 19, always need the BiSed gear even if it's glitched/crutch/exploit/or simply way too OP, 19 need it.

Yes we can get it.

And yes it's not an exploit.

So was entei sword...

I'm still saying 40stam AND 40Spirit, don't forget that spirit, It's just crazy for mana class, it worth 2 spirit weap enchant. Is way too Op, and will, I hope so, get nerfed quickly and end this thread once for all.

squidmagnet said:

You earned the right to use it =D

let Blizzard decide, jealous people are jealous and will never admit that is where their arguement begat.

we don't call LFH OP cause you can get screwed by the drop rate, that can take just as long as this prolly will, as twinky

edit: well shit, fucking terrible connection gave me a fail double post. delete please

Users who are viewing this thread