Weapon Effects and Theorycrafting

I know, but with warrior it's competing with 2x 2H weapons (which is why SMF exists), frost is using 1H regardless. It's surprising given that things like Enhancement seem to work with the slow 1H weapons, even though they don't have SMF.
[doublepost=1610147325,1610120967][/doublepost]Here's one I found out about today: Ran into a WW monk with 2x https://www.wowhead.com/item=28311/revenger?ilvl=25&bonus=6710. Proc looks like scales to 100%(!) of spell power, plus versatility.

Last edited:
can you attain those at ftp ?
[doublepost=1610187145,1610187074][/doublepost]got 2 27 purples off the Legion quests that upgraded

So I got two relatively painlessly, and just ran around Elwynn for a bit killing mobs. It procced twice in the first two kills and then not again for the next 15-20. Went to hogger for a few and got it to proc twice on him one time.

It scales really well with gear from the looks of what i saw, might scale with weapon damage too? Looking in the journal I thought they were pretty OP but i had the ilvl 44 staff equipped, so it said the drain was 188... turned out to be 133 (still strong) with 2x equipped. I dont think it procs enough to keep you topped off with full talasite like i had hoped, looks like it'll do better in a full agi gearset. Could get the proc up pretty high, i'd think.

Again, not great testing but but general idea of what to expect from it. Didnt get the artifact yet so cant compare.

Obviously not comparable to the 44 staff, but that cant last forever... ;)

So I got two relatively painlessly, and just ran around Elwynn for a bit killing mobs. It procced twice in the first two kills and then not again for the next 15-20. Went to hogger for a few and got it to proc twice on him one time.

It scales really well with gear from the looks of what i saw, might scale with weapon damage too? Looking in the journal I thought they were pretty OP but i had the ilvl 44 staff equipped, so it said the drain was 188... turned out to be 133 (still strong) with 2x equipped. I dont think it procs enough to keep you topped off with full talasite like i had hoped, looks like it'll do better in a full agi gearset. Could get the proc up pretty high, i'd think.

Again, not great testing but but general idea of what to expect from it. Didnt get the artifact yet so cant compare.

Obviously not comparable to the 44 staff, but that cant last forever... ;)
I've got 1, currently farming a 2nd. It scales with spellpower, which for WW monk and other non-intellect hybrid classes is basically derived from (main hand) ability damage, or (Attack Power)+6*(MH DPS). WW monk seems to be the most obvious use case, but it would work on prot pally if you traded one over. Would have been sweet for Enhance Shaman too if they could use swords.

thx,
and any fast way to get epic relics? no luck on the quests
None, if you didn't get Epic Relics via Quest reward upgrades, you're out of luck. You'll have to get the BoE Green equivalent.

edit: same build might be fun on outlaw rogue as well?

I dont know that the proc will scale up at all for rogue, it's a caster-AP thing. Warrior gets no bump in the proc at all.

Pally, monk, shaman (cant use it tho) all get a bigger proc but flat melee dps do not. It's a hybrid thing.

So I was under the impression taht price of progress the trinket did not work until I solo'd the boss in gnomer for the 22 vers ring on my druid. over the course of the fight I regained over 1400 mana and thats not including the excess mana after being capped.
That boss was hitting me for 700 crits so I had to heal more then I thought I would.

None, if you didn't get Epic Relics via Quest reward upgrades, you're out of luck. You'll have to get the BoE Green equivalent.

Surprised you're brainfarting on dungeon relics. Although granted that doesn't change your underlying point.

Edit: Thought the guy saying that mixed up with someone upthread who was talking about F2P, and thought that we were talking about F2P limitations. Ignore me if you have access to mail.

Last edited:
Cuz they dont upgrade to epic...? Just like the other dungeon drops dont? If you can show otherwise that'd be super.

Neither do BOE world drops. The Legion BOE epic pool is its own thing, and it doesn't have any relics in it. Thus an ilvl 25 dungeon drop beats an ilvl 22 world green.

Last edited:
Neither do BOE world drops. The Legion BOE world drop pool is its own thing, and it doesn't have any relics in it. Thus an ilvl 25 dungeon drop beats an ilvl 22 world green.
Uhhh, that's completely false. BoE Green Relics do in fact drop from overland Legion Zones and they are the exact same +iLvL as Epic Quest upgrades. They just have to be looted on a Character +~4 Levels over the Toon you want the Relic on.

Also what @Warglave said, Dungeon Relics won't proc Epic and are inferior to Epic and BoE Greens.

For some reason I had F2P limitations on my mind when I said what I did. Ignore everything I said if those don't apply to you.

Users who are viewing this thread