We came full circle (twinks + levlers)

With gear / enchants being a non factor for the most part now this merge will be for the better.

I may only be talking about the 20-29 bracket when I say this, but sometimes when I run xp on games for fun there is more competition. Same can go for most the pugs I have played in the 10-19 bracket.

Twinking will now feel like it's older state, which is amazing. New faces will be running all over so we will hopefully be able to recruit new faces to stick with lower level PvPing.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that this change will bring back offense and defense? I don't see levelers putting up with a 20 minute mid-fight like twinks have had to these last couple of years.

Do you guys think that this change will bring back offense and defense? I don't see levelers putting up with a 20 minute mid-fight like tinks have had to these last couple of years.
I'd say yes, but we'll have to wait and see. I sure hope so though, I love attack and defense.

It also depends on our stats, health pools and how bursty the bracket is.

If the bracket continues to be bursty, having your FC is mid being protected is just smart. If health pools are high and damage is low, like BC/WotLK, then its safe to assume Offense and Defense may become important again.

If u think this is good for the community you are actually delusional. Have fun with the amount of idiot levelers in ur team. ;)

This type of attitude is what has hurt twinking since Day 1.

Twinkers don't just appear out of thin air. They are built. And to build a twinker, you need the main raw material...people...which is often just someone who had fun in a game you helped win.

I've recruited many, many people simply by going to say hello to them after a hard-fought battle. I then ended up playing with these folks for years.

I for one am excited to dust off my 39s and 70s. Try a change of perspective. Even F2P was great fun a couple of years ago.

With gear / enchants being a non factor for the most part now this merge will be for the better.

I may only be talking about the 20-29 bracket when I say this, but sometimes when I run xp on games for fun there is more competition. Same can go for most the pugs I have played in the 10-19 bracket.

tinking will now feel like it's older state, which is amazing. New faces will be running all over so we will hopefully be able to recruit new faces to stick with lower level PvPing.

Couldn't agree with this much more. I am sure that you can remember all the years that we ran guild premades in 2010ish going forward and ran into some stiff competition because many other "randoms" were premades as well. Pops were literally instant back then. Literally...

Edit : I have an idea, the Xpoff staff should make a thread against it, so when i post the article on us.b.net, i can spread this page's popularity, and opinion on the matter, regarding this as the largest tinking website. @Conq

Sorry man I couldn't possibly be more in favor of this change, I think its the best thing that could possibly happen for us from a development PoV. I know a lot of other staff members approve of this change as well.

LF 4 more ppl to queue into russian premades all day. I havent decided yet if I like the changes or not but if you know how tryhard russians are in xp on at low lvl atm than you are probably looking forward to somewhat fun and competitive games against them .

It hasn't changed one bit. From your perspective it has maby because of equality in the xp locked battleground/arena environment and you do not face undergeared players there. Its definition is still standing strong regardless how you change to look at it and you only look from your own pov.

Having a 2% difference with anyone else in the bracket doesn't look to me like being more powerfull through armor and weapons. They will exactly take out this with Legion. You won't find anything else other than taking up high ilvl white gear, that is hillarious actually and an insult to tinkering.
Twinking has changed in some way; it used to be about nuking undergeared people in BG's, now it's about competetive play against people with equal gear.

I agree, however, that the definition hasn't changed. We're still, as we have always been, a community that decides to stop lvling, wether it be trough locking exp, or just avoiding gaining exp, and gathering the best possible gear.
This definition won't change com Legion; we will still be able to lock our exp, and we will still be gathering the best gear possible, to get and advantage. Even though that advantage might only be by 2%.
I'd say it is way more due to the introduction of heirloom gear. Everyone using that is tinkering. You hardly see any without.
This kinda contradicts your earlier statement that the definition of twinking hasn't changed

tinking has changed in some way; it used to be about nuking undergeared people in BG's, now it's about competetive play against people with equal gear.
It has not, only in the eyes of a xpoff player due to equality. But tinking is not about equality nor is it about nuking undergeared players. It is simply about enhancing characters to a level above being common for your level.

I agree, however, that the definition hasn't changed. We're still, as we have always been, a community that decides to stop lvling, wether it be trough locking exp, or just avoiding gaining exp, and gathering the best possible gear.
This definition won't change com Legion; we will still be able to lock our exp, and we will still be gathering the best gear possible, to get and advantage. Even though that advantage might only be by 2%.
I agree but 2 % power increase through gimmick gear is stupid while stats always mattered.

This kinda contradicts your earlier statement that the definition of tinking hasn't changed
No it does not. It seems we are not on the same track here. Giving your alts gear not apropriate to your level is an act of tinkering. A sugar daddy did it.

Lets not forget our roots due playing xp off battles with equally geared players which kinda contradicts what tinkering is in the first place, we could have done that naked. Am I the only one here who does not shut his eyes about that and whirl his own theories now?

Last edited:
It has not, only in the eyes of a xpoff player due to equality. But tinking is not about equality.

I agree but 2 % power increase through gimmick gear is stupid while stats always mattered.

No it does not. It seems we are not on the same track here. Giving your alts gear not apropriate to your level is an act of tinkering. A sugar daddy did it.

Lets not forget our roots due playing xp off battles with equally geared players which kinda contradicts what tinkering is in the first place, we could have done that naked. Am I the only one here who does not shut his eyes about that and whirl his own theories now?
How would you define twinking then?

How would you define tinking then?
Like it is and always will be:

A low-level character made more powerful by higher-level characters, usually through gifts of armor and weapons that the character would not normally have at such low level. Also used as a verb to describe the act of giving low-level characters powerful items uncommon at their level.

You can even take a look at that gay slang thing where it is comming from. We have a reason we are called tinks and it came from the gay slang thing. Sure players dislike that this is always getting pulled into any tink discussion but it is the root of the tinkering definition.

Beside 19s and 20s there are no "active" brackets anymore.
Just because 19s cant steamroll people in the same way 29s does - doesn't mean they wouldn't do it if they could.
20-29 bracket is a unique example because of f2p's, and even in that bracket twinking has changed.

Like it is and always will be:

A low-level character made more powerful by higher-level characters, usually through gifts of armor and weapons that the character would not normally have at such low level. Also used as a verb to describe the act of giving low-level characters powerful items uncommon at their level.

You can even take a look at that gay slang thing where it is comming from. We have a reason we are called tinks and it came from the gay slang thing. Sure players dislike that this is always getting pulled into any tink discussion but it is the root of the tinkering definition.
I don't see how this definition would change in Legion?

20-29 bracket is a unique example because of f2p's, and even in that bracket tinking has changed.

To be honest, f2ps not really twinks as they didn't choose to be with exp locked and was thrown in to it by blizzards laziness.

I don't say such thing as wargames does not exist.
I say those who q pugs as premades know exactly why & what they trying to achieve with such advantage.

Most people here will never submit to idea they do it for owning and will hide behind "competitiveness" ect.

Seeing a team of bms ferals and discs in 19 gives me nothing but competitive feeling.
those people clearly do it for love for classes and not effected by other things.

In the end of the day who cares. people rerolled 29 asap 24 stoped being cap level. you hardly see any non 29 now.
Back in day they said they in it only because love to lvl 24

cba ^^ legion will fix the incest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread