Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

ALRIGHTY GUYS!
Got the beta key yesterday's morning.
Feel free to ask me anything you want (better send a me a copy in a private message)

From what I've found out, Precious Ribbon is NOT in the toy box.

How loom bow gun scales? naga bow stats?

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with blizzard servers and I can't copy a lowbie character atm. Cba leveling on my own :(

1. Naga bow:
http://i.imgur.com/ujPWD8c.png

2. Arcane Explosion is only there for Arcane-specced mages

3. I found only 1 quest in BFD and it doesn't show any rewards.
The mobs drop exactly the same loot (except the new 'extra' bosses which don't seem to have their loottable yet)
Upon completing the quest, they told me to go back and turn it in, but the original quest giver doesn't have a question mark above her head. Weird...

Last edited by a moderator:
To copy a character, make sure to log into it on live before you log onto it on beta. it allows the beta client to snapshot your character.

I see that retribution pala got huge nerf this build. Sword of the light seems awful passive now. Now it's totally worst spec.

Was going to be:

b9wk2c.jpg

Is going to be:

cmvhq9.jpg

Blizzard said they removed tons of text and abilities that were passive and didn't have any affect on your playing. So the mana regen and sp from AP might still be there.

Beta realms are down atm, gonna check tomorrow.

if you get chance, see how dancing steel elemental force proc.
is it same proc rate as now? did numbers get squished?

new upcoming enchants possible to apply to low lvl gears / looms?

List of specific battlegrounds? still wsg / ab?

Last edited by a moderator:
was too high. posted wrong link, pretty sure his 29 is just as retarded though.

All of Tapouts rogues are in the same level of insanity.

On a separate note, someone asked this earlier and so I wanted to ask around as well about it.

Devouring Plague - Spell - World of Warcraft
That is the current Wowhead posting of Devouring Plague for Warlords. Ive done my math with my shadow priest, and know what the numbers SHOULD be based on raw spell power percentage calculation, BUT when I test it on mobs my level, other twinks, the numbers are skewed. Now with the removal of almost everything that should in someway decrease base SPELL (DR wont factor, etc etc) damage I dont see where the numbers could be skewing from.

I doubt I am messing up on any of my math, as I have rechecked multiple times, so can anyone add any constructive ideas as to how to solve this?

In application right now, my baseline rotation as 29 spriest is Mind Blast, 3 Orb insta DP (due to Glyph of Mind Harvest - Spell - World of Warcraft), swordpain, and if something is still alive I just channel my ass off.
Most if not all of the damage here is coming from the Mind Blast, 3 orb Devouring hit, and then the 6 second DoT that is an exact damage copy of the original 3 orb devouring hit.

What damage reductions am I missing here that I should be counting in here that will noticeably reduce spell damage?

I know this is the F2P section but since the majority of all Beta-talk centered around 20-29 is going on here I thought I would ask the question here. I also like to think that uh we all just uh want to get along hehe.

Cheers,
Pattern

nothing is set in stone in the beta (althrough you can expect the numbers to be roughly similar because blizzard will as usual fuck everything up) so thats what your numbers are going to look like now

and uhh... the get along part i dont think alot of f2ps dont even consider those who had the nerve to roll 24 shadow priests as fellow teammates or adversaries or even as ''human beings''

nothing is set in stone in the beta (althrough you can expect the numbers to be roughly similar because blizzard will as usual fuck everything up) so thats what your numbers are going to look like now

and uhh... the get along part i dont think alot of f2ps dont even consider those who had the nerve to roll 24 shadow priests as fellow teammates or adversaries or even as ''human beings''

Haha well it was worth a laugh, spriest was never rolled for its now known for op burst, I originally rolled it for the utility fears and off-heals while still being able to pull weight. How times change. Thanks for the feedback, if the numbers are really similar come live WoD I pray for nerf, cause its not funny the amount of burst 2 gcds hold

On a separate note, someone asked this earlier and so I wanted to ask around as well about it.

That is the current Wowhead posting of Devouring Plague for Warlords. Ive done my math with my shadow priest, and know what the numbers SHOULD be based on raw spell power percentage calculation, BUT when I test it on mobs my level, other twinks, the numbers are skewed. Now with the removal of almost everything that should in someway decrease base SPELL (DR wont factor, etc etc) damage I dont see where the numbers could be skewing from.

I doubt I am messing up on any of my math, as I have rechecked multiple times, so can anyone add any constructive ideas as to how to solve this?

In application right now, my baseline rotation as 29 spriest is Mind Blast, 3 Orb insta DP (due to Glyph of Mind Harvest - Spell - World of Warcraft), swordpain, and if something is still alive I just channel my ass off.
Most if not all of the damage here is coming from the Mind Blast, 3 orb Devouring hit, and then the 6 second DoT that is an exact damage copy of the original 3 orb devouring hit.

What damage reductions am I missing here that I should be counting in here that will noticeably reduce spell damage?

I know this is the F2P section but since the majority of all Beta-talk centered around 20-29 is going on here I thought I would ask the question here. I also like to think that uh we all just uh want to get along hehe.

Cheers,
Pattern

Frakly idk how the hell somebody is supose to help you if you don't give us the sp crit and haste you have on live and what everything is hitting for -.- get where I'm coming from ?

Haha well it was worth a laugh, spriest was never rolled for its now known for op burst, I originally rolled it for the utility fears and off-heals while still being able to pull weight. How times change. Thanks for the feedback, if the numbers are really similar come live WoD I pray for nerf, cause its not funny the amount of burst 2 gcds hold
also not sure why i put dont twice , it doesnt make any sense, should be '' the get along part i dont think alot of f2peven consider''

got a litle carried away got some veeery important wow'y stuff going on atm my bad

Cheers,
Pattern
As Snowjobs mentioned earlier, it's better to see some numbers to get an idea on how skewed the numbers actually are between the mobs and on other players, or with those and wowhead numbers.

As for vague, general, possible explanations (though certainly not exhaustive):
*Skewed, as in the damage dealt to same-level mobs and same-level twinks are different, or just inconsistent with wowhead's numbers?
*Crits against players deal 1.5x instead of 2x, while crits in PvE still deal 2x. Was that considered?
*Some classes may have passive sources of mitigation, most notably warriors with def stance as one example. Also considered?
*Those other twinks have some grandfathered resistance enchants equipped during the checks?
*Perhaps wowhead's numbers aren't accurate with current beta for that level?

As Snowjobs mentioned earlier, it's better to see some numbers to get an idea on how skewed the numbers actually are between the mobs and on other players, or with those and wowhead numbers.

As for vague, general, possible explanations (though certainly not exhaustive):
*Skewed, as in the damage dealt to same-level mobs and same-level twinks are different, or just inconsistent with wowhead's numbers?
*Crits against players deal 1.5x instead of 2x, while crits in PvE still deal 2x. Was that considered?
*Some classes may have passive sources of mitigation, most notably warriors with def stance as one example. Also considered?
*Those other twinks have some grandfathered resistance enchants equipped during the checks?
*Perhaps wowhead's numbers aren't accurate with current beta for that level?

Mob damage and Player damage were never considered on the same platform, yet similar damage deficiencies occured when using the abilites on both. The new crit was considered, all twinks were checked for resistance gear, and I only tested on a pally, warlock, hunter, and fellow priest. To my knowledge none of those classes have a noteable passive defensive against spell damage (none also had shadow resist racial). I was mostly fishing here to see if anyone else had been testing wowhead's numbers and had found them to greatly differ with whatever napkin math they had done. I am now simply drawing the conclusion that while wowhead's new warlords tooltips for abilites (at least as spriest) may look the same the difference in projected damage vs actual damage just means that the latter is true and their numbers are not reflective of the current beta for that level.

The numbers themselves dont matter, which is why I found no need to add them in the post. The percentages do, and excuse my lapse in not adding them at all. Wowhead projects roughly 25.6% more damage from Mind Blast, than I seem to be getting on beta. Wowhead projects 14.85% more damage from Devouring Plague than im getting on beta atm.

So the difference isnt HUGE, but seems to be significant enough for me to be a little peeved when I try to do napkin math, get excited over what the projected numbers are, cross-check my math with wowheads, get the same number, get even more excited, and then go and actually test the abilites out and find them at a deficit.

So now my question is, is anyone else having the same thing show up? For example are you on your arms looking at rend numbers and find it to be in live at a deficit of 10%+? Because at max level testing, projected numbers for these spriest abilites are IDENTICAL to wowheads numbers, the error in them is incredibly low and wowheads projected are quite accurate.

Is it just a level thing?

Side note: What devouring plague numbers theoretically should be:
276.8 shadow spell power.
So on a 3 orb, thats 276.8x3
+ 276.8x3 (the tick part after the initial blast) = 1,660.8 base. Thats with no procs or buffs on, and no crits on anything.
Healed for 100% of damage dealt, +1660.8 health.
Those are what wowhead says should be the numbers.

What I get for my non crit Dplague against twink, is a Dplague adding around 1,414 plus or minus 1 damage of for error.
Thats 14.85% damage lost to the wind.

Users who are viewing this thread