US The Official Twink Cup 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arena

• The format must be either of the following:
    • 1 Healer 1 Dps 1 Tank
    • 1 Healer 2 Dps
  • NO double hybrid compositions.
Note: These rules are NOT finalized. These rules will change with the discoveries of the meta and will be finalized when The NWL feel that the rules provide the most balanced, fair and competitive playing field for all competitors.

Change log of above post:

5/30/2017

• Arena tournament rule added:
    • The format must be either of the following:
      • 1 Healer 1 Dps 1 Tank
      • 1 Healer 2 Dps

Confused about when it says the hybird healing but its removed on the second one. Also, arent surv and arms etc suppose to be banned? @lindenkron

Confused about when it says the hybird healing but its removed on the second one. Also, arent surv and arms etc suppose to be banned? @lindenkron
The change log was an oversight. Corrected, thanks for mentioning it.

At this current time these are the rules that stand. I'm not big on the twinking scene these days, so if you feel there's a need for a revision on certain rules I'd be more than happy to bring it up. I'm not the expert in this area :)

Okay, so officially there has been 1 team sign up because dogspank disbanded and jamesbs team probably won't show up, the rest are clearly fake, idk why you put flamers up there where that is all his toons, I expect better from whomever is hosting this

Okay, so officially there has been 1 team sign up because dogspank disbanded and jamesbs team probably won't show up, the rest are clearly fake, idk why you put flamers up there where that is all his toons, I expect better from whomever is hosting this

The change log was an oversight. Corrected, thanks for mentioning it.

At this current time these are the rules that stand. I'm not big on the twinking scene these days, so if you feel there's a need for a revision on certain rules I'd be more than happy to bring it up. I'm not the expert in this area :)
I think this would also mean that he has no idea whos char is whos and thus things like this are going to happen with this community. You'd expect people to not mess us around seeing as we're not doing it for anyone other than the people who play this bracket.

dogspank disbanded

Wrong, new name though! :D

Just not shit going on in the bracket. Pretty sure there are only 3 teams for this though. Not even looking forward to it.

oh ye, totally forgot. twinkcup still exists

With a month to go surely it is possible to scrap together 6 teams to compete in wsg. Just need to make the next month a scrimmage for spots instead of hand picking teams. Then create a macro to advertise the event in random bgs.... ..revive community
Teams are only hand selected If there is more than 8, that being said we're here to run the tournament, it's up to the community and the teams within it to sign up. Hopefully we see more interest soon!

From what I've seen over the last couple of months there has been at minimum 20 people who were interested in this years TC. We have all made an effort into getting on a team. I believe atleast 90% of us have been completely ignored.

I thought about personally reaching out to everyone I've seen try to get into the TC and making a <Rejects> sort of team but I'm not going to put the effort to get 10 random people together just so I can simply lose to the already established teams that did nothing.

The fault for the lack of interest/hype/participants lies solely on this "community". Completely shunning any new people away until there will be no one left, which isn't too far on the horizon.

From what I've seen over the last couple of months there has been at minimum 20 people who were interested in this years TC. We have all made an effort into getting on a team. I believe atleast 90% of us have been completely ignored.

I thought about personally reaching out to everyone I've seen try to get into the TC and making a <Rejects> sort of team but I'm not going to put the effort to get 10 random people together just so I can simply lose to the already established teams that did nothing.

The fault for the lack of interest/hype/participants lies solely on this "community". Completely shunning any new people away until there will be no one left, which isn't too far on the horizon.
It's a real shame the 19s community has taken the toxicity to the level f bracket destruction to the extent of it having a massive impact on the event those same toxic players look forward to the most. Honestly not sure what can be done at this point, we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

There might be more teams who haven't signed up yet but are trying to fill up their rosters first. I know of one.

Also, as someone already mentioned, there are SO many people dying to participate. Let's get teams going with the pool of at least 20 twinks looking for a team. As a community, we should be able to get together and establish teams. Anyone who wants a team but hasn't been recruited, form one. Take the initiative!

Kig

If you did do that I would be down to join and help recruit, I know of a few good players who would want to play.

Washbrain#1719

You're an idiot, the fault for the lack of interest is that Legion is dogshit for the majority of 19s that enjoy competition. Shunning away shitters like you has nothing to do with it; if the meta was good there would be interest in the twink cup from the people that are actually relevant. Just look at last year's twink cup.

There's going to be absolutely no hype surrounding a twink cup when a team consisting of subpar players with the skill level of Snug or Lenny has a legitimate chance of winning.

The difference of the best and everyone else is too big and the others don't seem to care enough to do something about it and just complain about eeeeverything instead

We'll give it till the final sign-ups close, and we'll take it from there.

Blaming NWL for "legion being shit" is kinda silly considering we're just here bringing it on screen with commentators. Having people show up, having people sign up, having people follow the rules, having people "caring" isn't our job and not why we're here.

We're here to host an event, not revive the twink bracket. And blaming me for accepting a team signed up by a former TC winner - which looked legit, while not knowing every single alt of this random individual that I don't really know is just low. Do you know every alt of every member of this site? If so, you need something better to do.

I had a good time last year, I feel like there's a lot of things I could've done better. We could've done better. We'd like to try those things better this year.

I think a lot of the points people raise are valid. People not wanting to compete because of "The one master team that'll destroy everyone", and I was never a fan of the "winner takes all" prizepool format since that sort of discourages people signing up due to this mentality. But at the same time the size of the prizepool doesn't really support a 1st 2nd & 3rd split.

So it's a problem, people don't wish to play just to have a good time. Why is this? Probably the same reason it's always been, people are competitive, elitist and to some extend toxic.

There's no easy solution for this. There's no "community image/person" that'll fix this by getting teams together. This is up to individual effort and reach. We tried setting up Looking for Group threads and help people getting exposure by adding Work in Progress teams to the thread. I believe Conq even bothered talking to the guilds he knew up to see what was up.

It's up to you guys, not us, if TwinkCup 2017 will be a memorable event, or a glimpse of possible history that never came to fruition.

The NWL,
-lindenkron

There's going to be absolutely no hype surrounding a twink cup when a team consisting of subpar players with the skill level of Snug or Lenny has a legitimate chance of winning.

woah how do i get grouped in with that lenny guy, he is a god i'm not worthy. Also glad to know you still think about me see you soon <333

<boys lol>

player 1 delayed
player 2 stunar
player 3 stizzy

leader btag delayed#1508

(will figure out what the fuck a hyperlink is later)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread