US The Official Twink Cup 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say anywhere. The only rules that has been mentioned is stuff that's "outside of the ordinary rules". Such as what gear is banned, enchants, all that jaz. Stuff that has direct impact.

When it comes to general arena rules, what I described is what's generally used. At endgame too.

-4man roster

-First map is always Nagrand Arena

-First comps are blind picks (no one knows what the other team is going to play)

-Losing team decides next map (can't choose a map that has already been played) and gets to change their comp if they want to. Winning team has to play same comp.

-A series is best of 5

@Blackout @lindenkron @The NWL @Conq

From what I know, winning team does not have to keep the same comp, instead they have to tell the losing team what they are locked in as, so the losing team can counter it if they have the option. For example, say a team wins the first game in Nagrand, they are free to switch it up next game but they have to tell the comp that they are playing to the losing team.
@Bestworld @MooCow @lindenkron @Conq @The NWL

From what I know, winning team does not have to keep the same comp, instead they have to tell the losing team what they are locked in as, so the losing team can counter it if they have the option. For example, say a team wins the first game in Nagrand, they are free to switch it up next game but they have to tell the comp that they are playing to the losing team.
@Bestworld @MooCow @lindenkron @Conq @The NWL

Slightly altered version of the normal rules then. At least counter-comp'ing is the main thing.

this may or may not be a good format/idea, but it is not certain its a thing that will be implemented, so dont confuse people by saying it is

it was with kind thoughts towards helping, but it does not help if the information is not right

It's an approved format in the WoW Esports scene, used by all tournament organizers, including Blizzard themselves. The logical assumption of nothing being mentioned, except the gear, enchants etc. has got to be with the intention of using generalized arena rules. If not, then it's poor documentation, because no one would have the sligthest idea what the format even is.

But if Suntosh is correct, the format is slightly altered with the same aspect in mind. The big part is counter-comp'ing, although not forcing the winning team to play same comp still means you could have to adjust to a whole new set of situations, even when attempting to counter-comp.

This is why endgame tournaments implemented the rule that the winning team HAS to play the same comp. It gives counter-comp'ing even more of an edge, because you've now seen a lot on how that team performs with x comp. If they are allowed to switch comp when they win (even if they have to declare their comp swap), then the losing team can still be caught off guard, because they haven't experienced them playing it (depending on the situation, people could have done research on teams, or seen them play it earlier in the tournament, but you get the general idea). This means teams can keep altering comps as well.

There are a few factors that goes into why this is slightly worse than what is generally used. Such as scenarios where one team wins the blind pick, they are now in the lead on the counter-aspect of the game, which is a HUGE aspect, considering what state the game is in.

Blind pick winning team:
>Win
>Pick rounded comp to not get hard-countered
>Win/lose
>pick counter-comp

Blind pick losing team:
>Lose
>Attempt counter-comp
>win/lose
>pick counter-comp

Logically speaking, whoever wins blind pick with the format Suntosh mentioned, has a greater chance of winning the series. And that's even with the aspect of the opposing team adapting. This means that RNG plays a huge factor, and RNG should be left to the game itself, it already has so much, and not effect the format.

It would also be 10 times worse if map is declared before locking in comps, because map picking is a huge deal too. And that's not mentioned anywhere either, so... That would give the winning team even more of an edge.

This is why endgame tournaments implemented the rule that the winning team HAS to play the same comp.

I really don't know much about rules, like I said, from what I have seen, that was the format a year ago on NA Road to blizzcon cup #2, where Method played vs Splyce. Method picked Rouge/Boomy/Hpal in blindpick while Splyce picked Jungle. Method won that game and they went to the next game playing Feral/Lock/Shaman. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/75831524 go to 2 hrs and 24 min to about 2hrs 48 min. I really don't know if they have changed this rule or not but yea I was just saying from what I saw.

Last edited:
This is why endgame tournaments implemented the rule that the winning team HAS to play the same comp.

Just confirming that the format I said is correct, as you can see in the latest tournament which was 2 Days ago. EU CUP #5. When ABC played Managers, ABC played DH/DK/Holy Priest the first game and they won that game. After that, they went Thug cleave different then what they played in the first game. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161419103 time: 00:17:02 first game. time: 00:36:19 second game. So in endgame tournaments they are NOT required to stay the same comp after winning one game.
And yes, I am a HUGE nerd of wow 3v3 Arena Tournaments from all regions. :) ;)

Just confirming that the format I said is correct, as you can see in the latest tournament which was 2 Days ago. EU CUP #5. When ABC played Managers, ABC played DH/DK/Holy Priest the first game and they won that game. After that, they went Thug cleave different then what they played in the first game. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161419103 time: 00:17:02 first game. time: 00:36:19 second game. So in endgame tournaments they are NOT required to stay the same comp after winning one game.
And yes, I am a HUGE nerd of wow 3v3 Arena Tournaments from all regions. :) ;)
(Gonna be honest, didn't read all of it)
To clear things up, the way I believe we've been doing things and I believe it's done officially is:
1. Nagrand - Blindpick
2. Loser picks map.
3. Winner locks comp.
4. Loser locks comp.

Regards,
-lindenkron

(Gonna be honest, didn't read all of it)
To clear things up, the way I believe we've been doing things and I believe it's done officially is:
1. Nagrand - Blindpick
2. Loser picks map.
3. Winner locks comp.
4. Loser locks comp.

Regards,
-lindenkron

Thats literally my whole point lol. Winner locks comp, does not mean they have to lock the same comp that they played in previous match. This is the format that they use in ANY tournaments whether its endgame or else.

Thats literally my whole point lol. Winner locks comp, does not mean they have to lock the same comp that they played in previous match.
I think the mentality behind doing it this way is to give the loser an advantage (closer matches) and induce mind games. Loser picks a map... winner is like "oh they picked this.. does that mean they want to play X? well we can play Y and counter X" winner team locks Y. Loser sees the Y comp and thinks, well, they might have a SLIGHT advantage on the map, but we can play Z and it totally counters Y.

-lindenkron

Change log of above post:

5/30/2017

• Minor word changes and clarifications made, together with updated various links.
  • Arena tournament rule removed: Maximum 1 Stealth class
  • Arena tournament rule removed: The format must include 1 healer.
  • Arena tournament rule added:
    • The format must be either of the following:
      • 1 Healer 1 Dps 1 Tank
      • 1 Healer 2 Dps
    • NO double hybrid compositions.
  • Added donate picture.
6/15/2017
  • Twink Cup 2017 date changed. 4th-5th of August. 11th & 12th of August.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rosters In Progress
These rosters are building teams that aren't necessarily able to compete, but attempting to build a team/roster for competitive gaming in the TC2017. It'll serve as a list for people without guilds/teams to be able to possibly find one - and help us see the current status of the overall scene for 19 Twinking
UPDATED AS OF: 07-23-2017 09:40 AM EST.

1OvLo6y.png
M4NYxdZ.png
Captain Smith
lof
Ade
kovi
zed
yaG
Ayrt
Asperg
Rob
Force
гнаться
REAL ID: rekojeht#2381

bs9Qiwc.png

Tyqgrf3.png

Captain Suggin
Zaam
Alur
Alleu
Surfsup
Ultra
JWL
Prag
TBD
TBD
TBD

REAL ID: Kain#1763
TSDcKra.png

Captain Killed
Warsonggulch
Birdofblack
Kigatsuya
Lilpabløjr
Puempeekstoh
Smokez
Velynt
Warsonghero
Cherijo
Healkilled
Avocalypse
REAL ID: Xyaroh#1677
8Hf3kwW.png
G1jAVMS.png

Captain Suntosh
Sundip
Manny
Poonfist
REAL ID: suns#11360
VHU0yWu.png

Captain Partygirlx
Aoitsaka
Mccashdollar

REAL ID: Partygirl#2821
SEl0EOT.png
Captain Budget
Crushmo
Dutches
REAL ID: Budget#11250

OxmlFuH.png

Delayed
Stunar
Stizzy

REAL ID: delayed#1508

Legendary Hero's
Captain - Zorbtwo
Name 2 Monsterbcn
Name 3 Evocati

Zorblast#1536

Last edited:
This is an official NWL announcement.

After monitoring the situation with twinking, battleground premades and signups, the results of a 3 month signup period indicate that unfortunately there is not enough teams in the event to participate and compete in the ‘Twink Cup 2017’ to form anything remotely appealing or exciting. We believe we have gone above beyond what was asked of us to try and get the tournament going, however it is our job to host the tournament, not resuscitate the bracket.

Due to these circumstances we are disappointed that we have to announce that we have to cancel this year’s Twink Cup Event, a tradition that has been a part of twink history for years.

As for the prizepool money a large sum of it will be returned to their sender, however we’re happy to announce that the date of the tournament won’t be completely without content (we hope!). Head over to The Forceful Cup: Evolved to read up on what will go down on the on Friday the 11th of August!

We at The NWL are sorry for any inconveniences caused and sympathetic to those who were signed up to the event and are unable to play as a result of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread