Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

I didn't follow everything. About the rogue in Dragonflight, will we be able to keep at least Grappling Hook, Embush, Cheap Shot and Pistol shot? (like in Shadowlands atm)

I didn't follow everything. About the rogue in Dragonflight, will we be able to keep at least Grappling Hook, Embush, Cheap Shot and Pistol shot? (like in Shadowlands atm)
Spend 5 points
Screenshot_20220708-231002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spend 6 points
Screenshot_20220708-231012_Samsung Internet.jpg

where are you looking to see this part? Not all baseline spells are available before level 10 or even level 20. Theyre just acquired while you level.
no but Rogue gets kick currently at level 7, and they've said before they're leaving 1-10 as similar as possible. I'd find it incredibly odd if they removed kick specifically from the leveling list for newbies.

they've said before they're leaving 1-10 as similar as possible.
where did you read that? I recall them saying it would work similarly to how it currently does (you get baseline spells when you select a spec) but not that they were aiming to make it as close to what it is currently.

After all, blind is currently level 39 but in DF will be available when you select Outlaw at level 10. Thats a... rather significant change.

where did you read that? I recall them saying it would work similarly to how it currently does (you get baseline spells when you select a spec) but not that they were aiming to make it as close to what it is currently.
They did say something like that.
"Another fundamental change is that much more of your class is represented in the tree, instead of being awarded automatically while leveling up. Other than the starting abilities you obtain before you access the system at level 10, the vast majority of abilities are obtained via the tree. "

But thats more that your bars arent blank until 10 and youd only have auto attacks until talents.

The baseline clearly says
"All maximum level Rogues will have access to these abilities. "

But thats more that your bars arent blank until 10 and youd only have auto attacks until talents.
yea, thats exactly what I was getting at. Theres a large gulf of possibility between "dont worry, you'll have abilities to use before 10" and "we're trying to keep it as close as possible to the exact abilities you currently get"

holy crap, rogue looking FILTHY! I’m loving it, especially sub. I’m really hyped!
Also, I don’t see hunters losing much, but they (can) get tar trap and kill shot, and bm hunters will again be able to tame exotics, which is kinda nice (for them, for us it only means a higher variety of murderous animals to stomp our asses, yaay)

edit: since ss and evi are the only damaging non-stealth cp generator and spender in the base abilities, and mut/envenom/backstab/etc replaces them, i think it’s safe to assume we keep them. It might be a different case with pistol shot/poisoned knife/shuriken, but since rogue doesn’t really have ranged abilities, i think they’ll be available at 20 just like now.

Last edited:
This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen. BM doesn’t have access to Wrath, WTF? :FrogeTorch:
This is terrible.
Well, looks like it might be DK for me….
yay huntards are going to have to learn how to play without unconditional full mobility two shots! Crazy

@Kethcup The mobility is probably still there. Hunters have (in my opinion) a fairly underwhelming talent tree across the board - as well as the spec trees. But assuming their baseline abilities are in a similar level range as SL, they will keep a lot of the strong abilities they have today.

Holy nuts, Surv is looking damn competitive with the new preview - https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-talent-calc/AACRDBoEAACHDRCBA

Posthaste + Trailblazer + Kill Shot + Harpoon Reset??? All on 1 hunter holy nuts the mobility and clean up potential, absolute insanity. Admittedly we'll still have to wait and see if their damage gets tuned, but talent-wise hunter still looks S tier

edit: Rogues pretty much get their full kit now, but the real question is whether or not they'll still get 1 shot. Priests are looking kinda meh to me, I guess holy gets Spirit of Redemption, but not a huge deal. If they got Mind Control, that'd be sick, but thats probably asking too much in this bracket

Last edited:
Look, I’m happy that we can finally get Beast Cleave, but I’ll be honest I’m shedding tears that I won’t be able to turn all red and angry…..:PepeHands:

Its k, BM will be the PVE/pokemon collecting spec it was meant to be

I had to login for the first time in months to compare what I would gain/lose with these changes. As a PvE MM Hunter, I feel as though I would have a much easier time switching to BM for PvE content in Dragonflight with these talents.

BM's easy access to multi-target damage mechanics is amazing. I'm curious to see if Predator's Thirst will be nerfed or if BM is really getting baseline 15/20% Leech with the Aspect of the Beast talent.

MM has a terrible path to multi-target damage AND I'm losing Serpent Sting which I used to great effect for multi-target farming.

MM still looks amazing in PvP, but BM just looks to be leagues better in PvE now. The baseline Hunter Tree has amazing options for all types of stuff. Now we wait to see what baseline skills Hunters get up to 20 and whether or not we'll have access to more beast abilities, especially with exotic beasts available.

Dragpz is right that Survival looks pretty solid in Battlegrounds - but all of those reset talents sort of require you to play against either solo players, levelers, or both. The thought of taking an honorable kill reset type talent doesn't sit well with me - but realistically, as he notes, it's quite good in Battlegrounds.

Don't take in skirmishes, please :(

Users who are viewing this thread