Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

BUT AS IS --> Guardian has a perma-50% slow, Feral has rake stun back, Rdruid gets ... a lot. a lot, a lot., and Balance gets owl form and doesn't have to think about barely missing out on solar beam because HOOT HOOT.
Balance is (as it currently stands) looking diiiiiiiiiiiirty

Im eager, obviously, to see warrior trees and I'm fairly curious about shaman (will Spellhance be viable) but the druid trees have me very excited for how everyone else is going to be looking. I dont know enough about DK to know what Im looking at in that tree though. So maybe Im overhyped on druids and they could just be an outlier given their hybrid-ness

All DK specs can access a 5 second blind/disorient in a cone AoE, that afterwards slows for 50% for 6 second.

Unholy loses Apocalypse (not Army??) but gains a lot of important base damage abilities/passives that are in large part why their non-apoc uptime is so bad right now.

druids trees are what I hope they are all like, having the option to go down for a stun or go into boomie for damage just feels amazing, I like shit like that.

These are so scuffed. Resto Druid has an improved Wild Growth but never gets the base ability.

There has been some speculation that we may get the 1st point of our specialization tree for free (sort of like how we get 2 points in our class talents for free).

Even if that's not the case, it's possible that the passive is a 1 point wonder. I imagine starfall will be obtainable - still too early to say for sure :D

I like the pathing as well. It's nice that you can reach the same node through multiple paths. For example you can get starfall without picking trees that are right before it and go for the passive instead.

Reactions: Bop
I like the pathing as well. It's nice that you can reach the same node through multiple paths. For example you can get starfall without picking trees that are right before it and go for the passive instead.

That's the route I went for when I was messing around with Balance.

I really like Druid class options - I kind of don't like DK's as much... just because Blinding Sleet seems like such a powerful option by itself. I also am worried that DK only gets 1 bonus class talent point from being X/Y/Z specialization whereas Druid gets 2. That is a pretty big deal at level 20...

That's the route I went for when I was messing around with Balance.

I really like Druid class options - I kind of don't like DK's as much... just because Blinding Sleet seems like such a powerful option by itself. I also am worried that DK only gets 1 bonus class talent point from being X/Y/Z specialization whereas Druid gets 2. That is a pretty big deal at level 20...
True that. I think it's mostly because druids have tons of spells for each spec. UH seems a bit underwhelming because of losing cooldowns. Frost on the other hand looks good due to procs being added and IBF and blind

True that. I think it's mostly because druids have tons of spells for each spec. UH seems a bit underwhelming because of losing cooldowns. Frost on the other hand looks good due to procs being added and IBF and blind

I'm holding out for Sudden Doom being more impactful than I remember at endgame... because otherwise, yeah it looks somewhat grim. Apoc really brought the kit together at 20 and now it just seems like it has nothing special about it. You're basically picking up disambiguated abilities with your specialization points - there doesn't feel like a purpose. You even have to spend a specialization point to have an ability that procs your Festering Wounds.

Frost seems quite good, both in class and specialization trees.

Blood seems like it can probably exist in a similar place that it is now - chonky boy with some good AoE damage cooldowns.

--- Maybe a follow up for druid thoughts

Feral -> Lots of ways to play it. From the really wonky and theoretical (Kittykin AP DoT caster?) to the traditional way (Rake stun + kitty kidney shot).

Guardian -> There's potentially a good FC build that could get around the +60% damage taken, but maybe Rdruid is still better at that. The big thing I see for Guardian is a virtually permanent uptime 50% slow. That's fucking gigantic utility for a druid.

Balance -> Maybe my favorite specialization tree; almost every option and route you can take has potential value. Starfall is great - but Celestial Alignment seems like it would apply sunfire at level 20, as well as being a great DPS steroid. Even Imp Moonkin Form has a niche.

Resto -> has a BG / AoE / Mastery focused build as well as the more defensive arena build it currently has. But everything is improved lightyears since it will actually have Lifebloom. Plus you get to choose between Restokin for damage and Kitty Kidney Shot.

All around looking pretty fun. I hope more trees are released soon.

Last edited:
upload_2022-6-5_8-49-47.png

How I'm gonna play my resto druid :PepeLaughW:

View attachment 21014
How I'm gonna play my resto druid :PepeLaughW:

I'm not sure if Remove Corruption is necessary to unlock the magic dispel. In Blizzard's original post they sort of weirdly implied the magic dispel was automatic for the spec or something. But given, now that I'm thinking about that it makes zero sense, so that looks like the Kitty Rdruid build I would use too. Except arena focused, so I'd stick to the right side of the spec tree for the most part.

Resto gets a magic dispel baseline, but to have poison and curse you need to pick remove corruption. The way I understand the improved lifebloom talent, it counts as additional 2 hots for mastery which means you get 3 multipliers with 1 gcd. Would be very useful with mastery as this way we get 5 different hots for mastery. Even with base mastery of 4% that's 20% increased healing.

There has been some speculation that we may get the 1st point of our specialization tree for free (sort of like how we get 2 points in our class talents for free).

Even if that's not the case, it's possible that the passive is a 1 point wonder. I imagine starfall will be obtainable - still too early to say for sure :D
Yes if it has no numbers on it its free
Screenshot_20220605-085135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Guardian -> There's potentially a good FC build that could get around the +60% damage taken, but maybe Rdruid is still better at that. The big thing I see for Guardian is a virtually permanent uptime 50% slow. That's fucking gigantic utility for a druid.

I'm going full :Pepega:. Ap scaling guardian boomy with brambles. Can still go bear with a snare, moonfire and regen of course. Rejuv + swiftmend should heal decent with AP scaling and guardian mastery increasing healing taken. Take the +20% travel form pvp talent (can't go below 100% speed) and you can kite stuff with the 50% 12 sec snare.
upload_2022-6-5_18-59-28.png

Made this guy in a couple of days https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/ranugok
Hopefully I get into beta again for the 3rd or 4th time in a row. I'll only be playing beta if that happens.

Oh something weird I noticed for any guardian enthusiasts. The 3 piece heirloom bonus, the regen, actually constantly ticks out of combat even at full HP and scales with max hp. I know this because the portion of my guardian mastery that increases healing done, actually shows as a green number heal above my head from the regen heirloom bonus. On any other class/spec the regen is invisible and doesn't show up on healing meters.

Last edited:
Yes if it has no numbers on it its free
View attachment 21015

I didn't mean the first point(s) of our class tree because of our specialization - I meant the first point of our specialization tree in general. There was discussion of it in a few places and Blizzard sounded unsure how they were going to handle that. It may be that level 10 gets us not just our free class tree points, but also our first spec tree ability as well. It's yet to be determined by blizz.

I didn't mean the first point(s) of our class tree because of our specialization - I meant the first point of our specialization tree in general. There was discussion of it in a few places and Blizzard sounded unsure how they were going to handle that. It may be that level 10 gets us not just our free class tree points, but also our first spec tree ability as well. It's yet to be determined by blizz.
well its not just the first in that one for example rdruid gets rejuv and swiftmend for free. No the first point in the spec tree costs a point, you can tell because it costs a point. You can also look at the trees theyve released with a path and count up the points. Youre right that is all subject to change though.

https://projects.yoro.dev/df-talents Working talent calculator for Death Knight and Druid.

At Level 10, you get a class tree point to spend, at Level 11 you get a spec tree, etc.

At 20, you'll have 5 of each plus the free abilities granted by choosing a specialization PLUS a war-mode talent (which so far are unchanged from retail).

What seems interesting to you?

EDIT: I'm an idiot

EDIT 2: Man Death Knight seems way more limited than Druid (for obvious reasons lol). I wonder why Druid gets two talents for free and Death Knight only gets one? Also why isn't Death Strike baseline :|

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread