Talents Preview Discussion [w/ Calaculator Link]

It's exciting to see this! I love talent trees!

If this is as good as it sounds for the 20s experience I will probably come back and play again on prepatch and start completely over on a new account (and not as a hunter this time).

nice !!

https://projects.yoro.dev/df-talents Working talent calculator for Death Knight and Druid.

At Level 10, you get a class tree point to spend, at Level 11 you get a spec tree, etc.

At 20, you'll have 5 of each plus the free abilities granted by choosing a specialization PLUS a war-mode talent (which so far are unchanged from retail).

What seems interesting to you?

EDIT: I'm an idiot

EDIT 2: Man Death Knight seems way more limited than Druid (for obvious reasons lol). I wonder why Druid gets two talents for free and Death Knight only gets one? Also why isn't Death Strike baseline :|
In the Wowhead post, it mentioned something about baseline abilities such at Death Strike being learned between 1 and 10. I’m surprised also that it takes a point.
I really hope DS doesn’t burn 1 of our 6 points.

In the Wowhead post, it mentioned something about baseline abilities such at Death Strike being learned between 1 and 10. I’m surprised also that it takes a point.
I really hope DS doesn’t burn 1 of our 6 points.
It doesnt cost a point..?
Screenshot_20220609-124505_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I just figured that when talent changes are live hunters might lose barrage which will affect farming a bit.

I just figured that when talent changes are live hunters might lose barrage which will affect farming a bit.
Don’t worry about Barrage. Only 1 talent matters and that’s Exotic Beasts.
After that, I hope I can get Intimidate.
That will be my dream setup :ez:
[doublepost=1654773786,1654770766][/doublepost]
It doesnt cost a point..?
View attachment 21031
Shouldn’t we get 6 points though? So at 10, we get DS plus get to choose anither talent? The calculator indicates u get DS at 10, then u get ur next talent point at 12. So after 5 points u hit 20.
That’s why I’m questioning.
I thought it’s 1 point every 2 levels including 10.

Edit:Oh wait - maybe I’m reading it wrong. When u pick DS, AMS lights up, so I’m assuming u get that straight up at 10.
Ok, maybe I see now.

[doublepost=1654773786,1654770766][/doublepost]
Shouldn’t we get 6 points though? So at 10, we get DS plus get to choose anither talent? The calculator indicates u get DS at 10, then u get ur next talent point at 12. So after 5 points u hit 20.
That’s why I’m questioning.
I thought it’s 1 point every 2 levels including 10.
DS doesnt cost a point.
Screenshot_20220609-132740_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you look at the tree you can see how many points you can spend on each talent the number for death strike is 0.

Last edited:
Exotic beasts should be first node from BM tbh. I think it used to be early in the past, might be wrong though.

I am really excited to get a look at shaman when it releases. I have honestly had so much fun with my oddball builds between restohance and spellhance shot and these new trees look so promising for hybrid bullshit builds.

I am really excited to get a look at shaman when it releases. I have honestly had so much fun with my oddball builds between restohance and spellhance shot and these new trees look so promising for hybrid bullshit builds.
Same! Im practically giddy with the idea of spellhance actually being a thing that's actually viable and good.

I've been slowly accumulating all sorts of gear to drop on my shaman when the time comes. I think I'm more excited for that than I am the warrior trees.

Same! Im practically giddy with the idea of spellhance actually being a thing that's actually viable and good.

I've been slowly accumulating all sorts of gear to drop on my shaman when the time comes. I think I'm more excited for that than I am the warrior trees.

There is an off chance that a wonky 2h build could run since we might have access to primal strike.
[doublepost=1654789341,1654788935][/doublepost]On a dif note. I been hunting AH for the scaled 1h int mace w full dmg (forget the name of it, but I got it written down.) for my pala since these trees likely going to support Shockadin better.

If you're going for a high wep dmg like Heaven's light, you have to know that it won't increase shock dmg. Holy doesn't scale with wep dmg.

If you're going for a high wep dmg like Heaven's light, you have to know that it won't increase shock dmg. Holy doesn't scale with wep dmg.

Ye but it still scales crusader strike dmg and the draw back is very slight to use it since it is a full int i25 stat weapon.

Ye but it still scales crusader strike dmg and the draw back is very slight to use it since it is a full int i25 stat weapon.
Crusader doesn't scale with wep dmg on holy either. Only with AP. Healers get 104% of their SP as AP.

Ask me about judgement next :PepeLaughW:

Crusader doesn't scale with wep dmg on holy either. Only with AP. Healers get 104% of their SP as AP.

Ask me about judgement next :PepeLaughW:

Odd. admittedly I have not looked at it since I was running it as a 19 paladin, I am sure your knowledge is more updated than mine. Well one less thing to worry about :)

Would be cool if I could get fireball arcane blast and frost bolt as any mage spec, just for the rule of cool aspect. I want the option to have fireball and frost bolt as frost. I just wanna screw around and do weird things tbh lol. Frostfire mage was fun in wotlk with frostfire bolt I want that back. They even took the glyph away which was just an insult.

and here i am, the filthy rper, who just want pickpocket AND lockpick both available at the same time :D (vanish would also be nice, but who am i kidding)

Users who are viewing this thread