SL Guide and FAQs

has anyone tried turning xp back on without game time? i dont have any xp locked characters and i dont want to try in case i cant turn it back on
i can answer my own question. found a toon i forgot to turn xp on for before sub ran out, it works now

Chromie time changes mod loot tables in the world.
Example
Was farming purespring water elementals in swamp of sorrows for essence of waters.
With chromie time on I noticed the mobs no longer drop the inate elemental cores( a grey item) that they normally would. Also after 2 hours of farming i saw 0 essences and 0 elemental waters but more green items then usual.

Turned chromie time off and they started dropping inate cores again, after an hour of farming I had gotten 11 elemental waters but 0 essences.

This was all done on a lvl 20 If anyone else would like to test this out somewhere else.

Quick edit Bloodwash naga in blasted lands do not drop runecloth with chromie time on but without they do.

If you want ele force/+wep damage etc you enchant when its under ilvl 35, if you want higher ilvl enchants you enchant if after you break ilvl 35 (2 artifact relics makes it ilvl 49 (1 makes it ilvl 34).

HOA is bis if you can get it still. Yes you need a random level 50 who can trade Azerite armor to you (doesnt matter if its mail/cloth/leather - literally does not need to match your proficiency). Yes you can level it via quests/island expos.

Legion dungeons for gear if you dont go TBC/Shatt route for gems. If you use Chromie to do BRoken Shore questline you can random queue Legion dungeons. (Make sure you complete HOA/BFA intro quest prior to swapping)

Goodluck.

edit: Nobody has a definitive BIS slot. Each class is different. Find what secondaries you prefer and press Shift J in game and start looking through each Legion dungeon to find what pieces match what you want.

What do you mean make sure you complete HOA/BFA intro quest prior to swapping. prior to swapping what?

Girl meant prior to swapping to legion expansion with Chromie.
If one tries the broken shore opening questline for access to Legion zones before finishing BFA opening quest [if one accepted and cleared that first BFA quest], they won't see NPCs to continue the legion quest due to the area being phased for BFA opening quest.

Also, one doesn't need Chromie to get to Legion zones or get artifact, though Chromie (plus at least one artifact gotten, and level 15+) is needed to queue for random legion dungeons.

Girl meant prior to swapping to legion expansion with Chromie.
If one tries the broken shore opening questline for access to Legion zones before finishing BFA opening quest [if one accepted and cleared that first BFA quest], they won't see NPCs to continue the legion quest due to the area being phased for BFA opening quest.

Also, one doesn't need Chromie to get to Legion zones or get artifact, though Chromie (plus at least one artifact gotten, and level 15+) is needed to queue for random legion dungeons.
So just do legion chrome time first?

Ya, or [instead of Chromie], go to a quest board, accept the Broken Shore quest for legion from that quest board and accept/start that first. Either way [quest board or Chromie] works, though Chromie's non-current timelines can affect world drops [see toskosa's observations just above].

Last edited:
At 20 we should be able to run Island expeditions, correct? I haven't gotten on yet so pardon my ignorance. IE's give ap and cosmetics/ pets/mounts. Could be something to break up the monotony of grinding dungeons.

Seems like we need to do some not so obvious moves to get HoA (cause lvl req. shouldn't be a problem here)
Can someone confirm - is that matter of quests sequence or we must to obtain specific items first?

Given today's nerfs, I am curious about the shift in approach when starting a new toon.

And to be clear, I mean with the goal of vet/F2P level 20.

Last edited:
We need to figure out the best possible gems, and see whether those on TBC dungeon pieces are better than the equivalent from another expansion (without gems).

Given today's nerfs, I am curious about the shift in approach when starting a new toon.

And to be clear, I mean with the goal of vet/F2P level 20.
I would say the exact same method prior to anyone finding out Legion/BfA shit was bugged. That would be TBC Dungeon gear wtih Sockets + Artifact Weapon + a few pcs of Socket+Tertiary from Wod/Legion/BfA.

HoA is still there and obtainable, some people still have ilvl 49 weps and equipped shat gear with gems. Im also saying bc socketed dungeon gear, epic quest upgrades if lucky, helms with meta gems and maybe azerite gear if its still usable. They might hot fix the hoa to be level 30+ or some shit. I guess we will see. Shit will also feel bad for all those who didn't get to hop on the gravy train and get ilvl 49 artifact weps.

Just faction changed and nothing fishy to report. Will edit if that changes.

Going to get the other factions Azerite item from questing.

I still have my "Letter From Lady Sylvanas Windrunner" that I deleted to restore later. Not that others can hear it but she gives voiced orders to you. Now that I'm Alliance I just love this.

Last edited:
HoA is still there and obtainable, some people still have ilvl 49 weps and equipped shat gear with gems. Im also saying bc socketed dungeon gear, epic quest upgrades if lucky, helms with meta gems and maybe azerite gear if its still usable. They might hot fix the hoa to be level 30+ or some shit. I guess we will see. Shit will also feel bad for all those who didn't get to hop on the gravy train and get ilvl 49 artifact weps.

Dont hold me to this but I feel like HoA will just fix the quest pop up because we are definitely bugging it to pop for us.

Blizzard wants us to be able to use HoA during timewalking events and if they add a level requirement to it then you wouldnt be able to timewalk with it potentially.

I feel if anything this would be grandfathered over a level req.

Users who are viewing this thread