SL Guide and FAQs

Went to Broken Shore with Chromie Time. Didnt even get a quest for artifact weapons? Cool

Tried to do it from the war board, and it phased me out. So guess I'm fucked

QQ图片20201014193551.png

ilv58
freehold zone quest

Can I ask if there is something I am missing? people are talking as if the 19 bracket is going to be alive again with shortish q times, like gearing and twinking lvl 19s even though the xp off restrictions are still in plac

US bgs have been popping

To make sure, you can't que for legion dungeons though the finder (mine are all locked)... but you can have people teleport you/whatever to the dungeons and then walk in?

So you telling me that if I turn off my xp right now Ill be in ques with levelers?

Vs other xpoff only

So how exactly does this work? Do I just farm dungeons at 29 until every piece of gear procs epic (that's how you get tertiary yeah?), then enchant them? I'm so lost, haven't dived into retail since Cata.

To expand on what @DeLindsay and others said, right now there are three main gearing approaches. 1) Legion dungeons have high item levels and aren't scaling down like other expansions. That gear has a chance to proc sockets and tertiary stats. It's expected that will get nerfed because the stats are so disproportionate, but who can tell. 2) Garrisons in WoD and missions from Legion are bringing back higher ilvl gear to players, though not as high as Legion gear. 3) TBC dungeons offer socket gear that is BiS (notwithstanding the above two sources), and is likely to stick around this expansion. It's an old-school dungeon farm -- no socket/tertiary stat procs, etc. The one exception is that since any quest in WoW can proc a gear upgrade e.g. rare to epic, some dungeon quests may upgrade to some really nice gear.

Correct me if my summary is wrong, all. Things are changing by the hour, it seems.

To make sure, you can't que for legion dungeons though the finder (mine are all locked)... but you can have people teleport you/whatever to the dungeons and then walk in?
If the ability to dungeon queue is locked for you, you can still do legion dungeons (or any expansion dungeon) by walking to their physical entrances out in the world. That was when I tried 10s on the PTR, and I managed to do a few Legion dungeons that way.

That said, I was able to queue for dungeons starting at level 15+ (F2P cap now is level 20 in SL). Also, earlier I selected "to do Pandaria expansion" through Chromie, and selecting that allowed me to queue for random Pandarian dungeons. I also managed to queue for a random legion dungeon (at level 20) through using Chromie and selecting Legion. I didn't get into a group yet though due to maintenance.

is there any issue getting all specs legion legendary weaps @ 20? i remember it taking a few extra lvls to get quests for more than 1 weap back when it was 100+

There is an NPC near your legion class hall that gives quests for all 3 . I did mine in about 15 mins .

I cna que random legion dungeons just fine through chromie time, have to do at elasat 1 artifact weapon quest first though.

So about Legion Dungeon gear proccing tertiary stats / sockets...

I farmed probably 40-50 pieces total with my duo queue on the PTR, and no item ever procced tertiary / socket for us.

Is it just an extremely, extremely low proc rate?

Went to Broken Shore with Chromie Time. Didnt even get a quest for artifact weapons? Cool

Tried to do it from the war board, and it phased me out. So guess I'm fucked

Way I did it was the footman next to the order board in SW . Do the BFA intro - once that is all clear up to the opening of the boralis portal room , then you can port back to sw and start the broken shore questline . I do not have a main at max lvl - I have not played since pandaria.

By the way, what's the initial ilvl for the artifact weapons you guys have received so far (before socketing ilvl boosting relics/etc)?

Earlier I leveled a new character to 20, and my artifact weapon's ilvl was 20, less than even the basic BoA weapons which scaled to ilvl 24 at level 20 (non-bugged dungeon blues scale to ilvl 25 at level 20). Some time ago on PTR, when I got an artifact weapon on a level 10, their ilvls were also 20.

By the way, what's the ilvl for the artifact weapons you guys have received so far?

Earlier I leveled a new character to 20, and my artifact weapon's ilvl was 20, less than my basic BoA weapons which scaled to ilvl 24 at level 20 (non-bugged dungeon blues scale to ilvl 25 at level 20). Some time ago on PTR, when I got an artifact weapon on a level 10, their ilvls were also 20.

Also ilvl 20 on lvl 19

Users who are viewing this thread