SL Guide and FAQs

Just faction changed and nothing fishy to report. Will edit if that changes.

Going to get the other factions Azerite item from questing.

I still have my "Letter From Lady Sylvanas Windrunner" that I deleted to restore later. Not that others can hear it but she gives voiced orders to you. Now that I'm Alliance I just love this.
Where does the quest start for the azerite item?

I was late in getting my relics and finally got them today. Now they are nerfed and I'm ok with all the nerfs happening since the gear was op honestly but if relics already slotted in the artifact weapons stay the same there is no sense for me to even plan to play a level 20 twink.

I would be against players who do twice my damage as a melee player. I'll wait and see if already slotted relics will be nerfed like the already slotted gems and decide whether or not to play at this point.

Too bad, was looking forward to playing again...

I was late in getting my relics and finally got them today. Now they are nerfed and I'm ok with all the nerfs happening since the gear was op honestly but if relics already slotted in the artifact weapons stay the same there is no sense for me to even plan to play a level 20 twink.

I would be against players who do twice my damage as a melee player. I'll wait and see if already slotted relics will be nerfed like the already slotted gems and decide whether or not to play at this point.

Too bad, was looking forward to playing again...
I 100% agree.even though I was able to get 1 Relic slotted it still feels like it would not be worth playing a 20. I really hope they nurf the slotted relics and make it even across the board.

Can't get heart of azeroth, because "a dying world" quest Is no longer available--marked obsolete according to wowhead. Also potions, free action, swiftness, etc nerfed to 5 min cooldown, making alchemy almost worthless. Third wind and salt water also nerfed to 5 min cd.

Dont hold me to this but I feel like HoA will just fix the quest pop up because we are definitely bugging it to pop for us.

Blizzard wants us to be able to use HoA during timewalking events and if they add a level requirement to it then you wouldnt be able to timewalk with it potentially.

I feel if anything this would be grandfathered over a level req.
Thats true, I think this item should be available at level 10 for sure, but the scaling on it is more fucked up than polio, lol. I think they will balance the base ilvl, I guess we will see!

While getting the artifact weapons on my druid I noticed the weapon it gives you during the resto quest could be bis, does anyone know if its worth just keeping this or getting all the artifact weapons and putting relics on them?
KiwTzVc.jpg

While getting the artifact weapons on my druid I noticed the weapon it gives you during the resto quest could be bis, does anyone know if its worth just keeping this or getting all the artifact weapons and putting relics on them?
KiwTzVc.jpg
Currently can’t get the 14 ilvl relics anymore. So yes, hearth put that place. Or try and be cheeky and sell it to a vendor or destroy it and see if it lets you keep doing th chain to get the item + artifact . But as I said, hats better than artifact for you

Just in case anyone was wondering I can confirm that warforging does basically nothing - it scales to 1 ilvl higher than normal blue dungeon gear.

Just in case anyone was wondering I can confirm that warforging does basically nothing - it scales to 1 ilvl higher than normal blue dungeon gear.
If you're referring to Quest upgrades then it certainly adds Stats also. I've already gotten (2) iLvL 16 Rings and a Belt upgraded to Epic. Main Stat/Stam didn't increase but one Ring went from 3 Haste to 7 and 1 Mastery to 3.

I am not. I am referring to the process whereby the dungeon gear itself in WOD procs warforged and the stats it adds are rather minor, 1 lvl worth - and thus likely not to be superior to TBC gear with sockets. Quest upgrades still proc too as you're referring to.

Following Chops' advice, I've tried to answer my own question. (First time on PTR!) So on balance I'll probably wait to open everything, since (if what I read on this site is correct) while the assumption is that we'll be capped at Level 10, it's still not 100% certain.

We'll it turns out waiting was indeed the right decision - even if only marginal gains long term. Once I was eventually allowed to log in & play, I levelled to 20 & all my bags gave me Item Level 25 gear. with a couple of stat variations.

Gold Cap of 1000 meant the Darkmoon Chests gold was useful as well, if small.

Currently have a Crate of Battlefield Goods locked shut, but overall only slight overawed by the new world order.

No use to anyone now, but answered for completeness.

What are you guys doing profession wise? Obviously engineering, and I already have the alchemist flask on all my vets. What Is alchemy worth dropping for?

What are you guys doing profession wise? Obviously engineering, and I already have the alchemist flask on all my vets. What Is alchemy worth dropping for?
You should grab Pandaria LW for the leg enchants. They are the only ones that work below lvl 30. You train it (1 point) and you have them. And you can drop the profession afterwards

Dope! I will definitely do both of those, thanks guys!
Be sure to put some LW enchants on some tbc socket gear before you drop it. Just in case legion and 44s get nerfed.

*When not if.
For sure! I'm in almost full 44's for feral boomie/resto. Stats are pretty busted, but way more reasonable than with the hoa. It might stay for a while. I guess we will see. I'm definitely looking forward to just bc socket gear and quest items, it's like the 60-69 bracket, but just f2p now, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread