Shadowlands F2P Baseline Guide

Uh, question, what did you guys do to kill the guards in Halaa to get the Steady Talasite recipe off of the quartermaster? I can't dual box a high level toon to kill them, so I tried soloing on my 20. I can kill them on it, but one kill takes an eternity as they have lots of HP and also respawn after some time. I also tried the wyverns to bomb them from above, but that also seems to be super inefficient. Is there anything else I could be doing?

Wait until it's controlled by your faction - the map shows who it is.

(Presuming you may be there quite a few times mining adamantite to prospect for gems - no rush.)

Then you just...walk in. Simples. That's what I did.

Wait until it's controlled by your faction - the map shows who it is.

(Presuming you may be there quite a few times mining adamantite to prospect for gems - no rush.)

Then you just...walk in. Simples. That's what I did.
That's what I did. You're a bit late my boi, I already said that some dude randomly showed up and slaughtered all the guards not too long after my original post. Thanks anyways haha.

Very useful, thank you!

PROFESSIONS GRIND
collect Borean Leather X20 (for leveling Northrend Engineering, if you want it for Jeeves)

I have a question about this.
Is jeeves possible as F2P?
So far it seems everything else is doable, but I'm stack at the scrapbot kits(as the quest seems to need higher level then 20 and we can't trade or buy from ah etc.

could you imagine if that was the case? just making the enchant scroll in a lvl 1 zone would fix everything? would be amusing. I also cant put +vers/mastery/etc legion neck enchants on my ilvl 25s Pretty sure they have a min req of ilvl 32 or something. too lazy to check the spreadsheet atm.

could you imagine if that was the case? just making the enchant scroll in a lvl 1 zone would fix everything? would be amusing. I also cant put +vers/mastery/etc legion neck enchants on my ilvl 25s Pretty sure they have a min req of ilvl 32 or something. too lazy to check the spreadsheet atm.
99% of twinks running around with one of the neck enchants. So even if there is minimum ilvl requirement , its new since 9.0.2

The spreadsheet says the Legion secondary stat neck enchants have min ilvl of 35. The Draenor "Gift" ones are effectively the same for us and don't seem to have a min ilvl. There is also no min ilvl listed for the higher end Legion neck chants (Hidden Satyr etc.)

-Is realm hopping still possible?
- Can you use the gnomish mind control cap to make low levels attack the flight master and get killed?

99% of twinks running around with one of the neck enchants. So even if there is minimum ilvl requirement , its new since 9.0.2
It would have to have been applied to only new enchants because I can pretty easily put satyr on necks on my level right now. But, those are scrolls we've had in the gbank for a while.

Scrolls that were applied pre-prepatch don't have the level req but if you have them on a toon that's lower than the level req (i.e. glorious stats on a level <10) they're still dead and don't work.

Add dreadstones, ametrine, eyes of zul, etc (northrend jewelcrafting and alchemy transmutations!) to your list : +2+2 gems, one transmute per day

also add Dragon's Eyes (JC dailies, some +2+2 and +3 mainstat)

I haven't seen them in any guides yet and they are not mentioned often but they are good gems for f2p player to stock up for when talasite gets nerfed

Add dreadstones, ametrine, eyes of zul, etc (northrend jewelcrafting and alchemy transmutations!) to your list : +2+2 gems, one transmute per day

also add Dragon's Eyes (JC dailies, some +2+2 and +3 mainstat)

I haven't seen them in any guides yet and they are not mentioned often but they are good gems for f2p player to stock up for when talasite gets nerfed
It’s stated in the first post that this isn’t comprehensive guide to everything that’s available but rather something that gets you to baseline. Listing every available gem is beyond the scope and intent but rather, you finding this on your own was the intent :)

Users who are viewing this thread